downloading for 4hrs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sayow55, Feb 9, 2014.

1. sayow55 Well-Known Player

40% downloaded at 3hrs and 45 min!!!! OMG!!!!!
  2. MARK2099 New Player

I think my isp is slow yet last time i download the entire game game took me less than 3 hours :confused:.
    • Like x 1
  3. sayow55 Well-Known Player

yessir that is confusing what kind of update am I getting that it takes this long
  4. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Depends on connection speed I think anyway. I'm on 7mbps DSL and it took 10 hours to download this game for me. If you are faster connection than that then it shouldn't be much longer.
    • Like x 1
  5. sayow55 Well-Known Player

10HRS!!!!! holy poop pile batman!
  6. Morich Well-Known Player

It's just the demand of the technology. As games get more advanced, they need more code. More code needs more disk space.

I remember when a decent game would fit on one 3.5" floppy disk. Then games needed a CD. Then a DVD. Now you have games in excess of 18gb.

So yes, that's going to take a while to download and there is nothing anyone can do about it*.

* At this point I'm tempted to rant about how the Australian government has scuttled what could have been great internet infrastructure, but I'll restrain myself.
    • Like x 1
  7. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

IKR you guys on these super fast 20mbps + connections have no idea how lucky you are :p Downside of living in rural America.
    • Like x 2
  8. sayow55 Well-Known Player

65% after 6hrs 30 min this cant be my connection how big is this update?
  9. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Only took me 2 hours to download on Ps4 and an hour for PC.
    • Like x 1
  10. sayow55 Well-Known Player

i'm on ps3 with dsl. i'm really thinking about switching to cable internet
  11. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Once you go cable you never go back. I'm at 65-70 down and 20 up from Comcast.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

There is a new update?
  13. sayow55 Well-Known Player

95% 11hrs 20min
  14. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

I downloaded the whole game in about 45 minutes. ^-^ This was back in december.
    • Like x 1
  15. sayow55 Well-Known Player

I know. this is so annoying.
  16. sayow55 Well-Known Player

11hrs 47 min yaaayyyy!!!!! let's see what all the fuss is about
  17. sayow55 Well-Known Player

so waited almost 12hrs and all I got was 2 stinking t-shirts!!!!! what a rip!!! lol
  18. Morich Well-Known Player

If you read the patch notes (announcements forum), you'll see it was far more than that.
  19. Timeshade New Player

I am still downloading. It really sucks not having internet and using my phone as a way to connect to the internet also I'm using Tim Hortons internet to download as well.
  20. Timeshade New Player

I'm on my second day and thirty percent is done