Double xp = me being foolish

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Mar 5, 2021.

1. AJPro Committed Player

So double xp was announced, i have my nth metal caches, my stacks of nth metal, and my free perfect nth metal from the anniversary.
    I logged on thinking i would level up this, switch that, get my tank artifact and my dps artifact from 160 to 200....lol
    I am so delusional, it was funny to see me 10 min later, one artifact to 200 all my saved stuff gone, all my marketplace cash gone and down to 90 source marks on my main and my top alt.
    i just had to share my travels down the “denile”...it was actually very very funny.
    Stay safe,
    AJProDie-Cast
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Daybreak be like:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

is double xp really coming?

i got tired of waiting. i ended up eating up everything i've saved up over the past few months. not unpleased with the results. I got all my primary goals accomplished. I had enough nth metal saved up to get the strat fact from 160 to 200, the trans fact from 180 to 200 and a claw from zero to almost 160. What helped me was I scored a stack of 99 nth metal detectors on the broker for a very low price. not sure if this was a mistake listing or not. even if another zero was added onto the cost it would have still been a good deal.

would have been nice to get my secondary goals done which would have been sending all the left over account bound nth metals to my prime alt so she could get a little progression but whatever.

downside to finally getting my strat and trans to 200 is i've completely lost interest in playing the game. i've barely done anything the past few weeks. not really on a break but not really playing either...
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Its double nth right now. Same boat as OP. Went thru almost 4k source marks on 3 toons. Not even done with last alt yet. But main got his solar amp to 200 and finished EoG to 200 and got a jump on trans (still hate it but whatever, have 9 200 artis now so what else can I feed), 1st alt got to dump grim for trans and get 3 tank side ones up to 140s. Other alt went and changed 2 and got all 3 from 100 to 140. Would have done more but ain't buying source marks and out of marketplace cash
  5. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

just because it MIGHT help some people.

i took some of my 160 arts to 200 with 7 perfected nth metals (75,000 exp times 2 each, so 150,000 x 7 units = 1,050,000 exp)
    results may vary obviously depending on crits and what not.

i took my 180 art to 200 with 3 perfected nth metals (75,000 x 2 = 150,000 .... x 3 = 450,000 exp)

i also got word that it takes 7 perfected nth metals to go from 0 to 160 (didnt try this out myself as i havent fully leveled up an art)

this info might help giving you a more realistic output on double xp.

(for the record, i have 20 arts at level 200 on my character, so ive done this quite a bit)
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I won't have any issues getting all breakthroughs done, but one thing to keep in mind is if you go in knowing you will have to stop due to cats/seals, make sure to save your biggest piles for last, then edge up to whatever breakthrough you know will be your stopping point, then dump your 5 biggest piles(like the 3ks) in for the maximum 'overage' you can get (obviously if you are getting to 199 do NOT do this as it's wasted at >200).

That way you get your 2x xp applied and can take advantage of it later once you get the cats built back up. I've got an alt that was sitting at a 100 breakthrough from the last 2x week and that arti will likely advance to 160+ once I actually do breakthroughs this week (I kind of forgot I applied all that XP and never went back to it...was waiting on the seal sale recently) with all the overage I dumped in at the 99 and 9/10ths spot.
  7. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I made a little table that might help somebody out there:

[IMG]

I've greatly underestimated the cost of marks for catalysts when I fed a 200 artifact into a fresh one, trying to get it back up there. :oops:
    • Like x 8
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Nicely done. I just always assume 1400 marks for 0 to 200. Random failure that for some reason a seal wasn't in lol
  9. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I guess that makes sense. I've just never thought about the dimensions of it and was a bit shocked at how much it actually was!
    I had about 1,900 Marks (across 2 toons) in total, and got really quite nervous after pushing my 124 Page of Destiny to 200, and then my 180 Trans Card to 200, noticing how many marks were gone already! :eek:
    • Like x 1
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

It's only me who doesn't really feel the double XP artifact?

Shouldn't we have colours, to see the difference? For example, white for the normal xp colour and another imagine yellow for the bonus xp colour.

So maybe it's "too much of a habit" in the game, but I'm really having a hard time feeling this event..
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure what you don't 'feel'. Take a stack of 10 100 pieces for example. Drop it in slot 1. You will SEE a +100% appear above the stack and see that the amount applied will be 2000 vs 1000. Now you might get a crit on top of that, but the 2x XP is applied when you drop the Nth in one of the 5 slots....fortify might bring a crti bonus...or not....that is not guaranteed, but the 2x is.
    • Like x 4
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I find that, in terms of numbers, it is badly informed, or not enough, visible!

I can already see a little more clearly with your example, but hey, me and numbers...^^
  13. Superboy Prime New Player

I shouldn't have to buy seals of completion with membership. It's ridiculous that I can spend over $200 on perfected nth metal and still have to buy those seals. Stop abusing your members with predatory money grabs. @devs
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure I'd want a Quizlet level 'beep-boop' where a big window for o_O :D +100% :eek: :cool: Pops up on the screen for each stack. But hey, if that is your biggest problem...request away.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You bought Nth Metal with real money? Wouldn't it have been more economical to buy detectors off the broker?
    • Like x 1
  16. Superboy Prime New Player

Maybe but time is a resource to
    • Like x 2
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

For my part, I'm starting to believe, that, I'm living my last moments on this game, in my opinion, the subscribed player is clearly not respected by Daybreak, question subscription in this type of game, I've seen much better and even in shop system, too present here.

There are since a few years far too many choices made by the devs who disgusted more and more continued on the game and lose money in such a way even more, moreover, I see many league die out because of this, but hey, this is a our debate ...
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey.....when you get there....can I have your stuff?
    • Like x 2
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

nop ! :p
  20. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I made out pretty well myself. Not trying to brag or anything, but I pushed my Solar Amplifier (161) and Eye of Gemini (167) to 200 and 180, and I maxed out my Purple Healing Ray. I also got all the Artifact Feats by rolling one artifact into the other once they were 20.

Still have all of my free and giant, really nice stacks left; I calculated everything that I would need beforehand for the Solar and Eye but the Purple was a last minute, “Wow, I have a lot more Nth Metal than I thought” situation so I had to throw like 10 bucks at some catalysts. I didn’t want to dig into my Source Marks unless I really had to.

I have so much Nth Metal left that I am contemplating pushing the Page of Destiny as far as it will go (which should be nearly 200) and then using my Source Marks on getting the catalyst for that. I was 121 marks short before the beginning of the day yesterday but I know a made a good dent in that.

So I can push my Eye further to 200 or experiment with the Page, I’ve still got a lot of wiggle-room and Nth Metal.

My suggestions for next time are to stock up on things like Nth Metal Detectors and those R&D Gathering Node Radar Devices and use both and just simultaneously hunt for them. Every few Exo nodes you will get some Nth and you will also stock up on Exo for either sale or use. Then you can funnel the money back into Nth Metal Detectors and rinse and repeat. I’m sure others have other methods, but that is what I found worked the best for me.
    • Like x 1