Donna Troy: Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Eve, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Eve YouTuber

I hope this thread will inspire many more character-specific discussions on your favorite characters :)
    [IMG]

Donna Troy is a personal favorite of mine. I actually got to know her thanks to DCUO and even made an article about her in DCUO's lore:
    [IMG]
    (Forum image by Megzilla)

Donna first appeared in The Brave and the Bold #60 (July 1965). She is known as Donna Troy, Troia, Darkstar, Deathbringer, Fury, Wondergirl and even Wonder Woman. She is actually known as the first Wondergirl. Her alter ego is Donna Hinckley Stacy Troy.

Origin:
    Donna's Origin story has been rebooted more than DC's universes got rebooted. One time she was saved by Diana from a burning building and brought to Themyscira, and another time she is created to destroy Diana. In one, she was created by Amazon Sorceress Magala using a spell to bring her to life as a mirror image of Diana, so that the young princess will have a friend.

Alliances:
    She is most known for aligning herself with the original Teen Titans. Another notable teams are Titans of Myth, Darkstars, Amazons, Challengers from beyond and the Justice League.

Abilities:
    1. superhuman strength
    2. Flight
    3. Speed
    4. Reflexes
    5. Durability
    6. Stamina
    7. Agility
    8. Immortality.
    9. Power Absorption
    10. Ability to mimic voices she knows or hears
    11. Self-sustenance
    12. Superhuman Senses (Vision, Hearing)
    13. Cold and Darkness manipulation
    14. Energy Generation.
    15. She is an expert in hand-to-hand combat.
    Weapons:
    1. Lasso of Persuasion
    2. Indestructible Bracelets
    3. Indestructible sword and shield.
    Recommended Comics to read of Donna Troy (Not chronological):
    1. The New Teen Titans: Who is Donna Troy?
    2. The Return of Donna Troy
    3. Untold tales of Blackest Night
    4. Rebirth: Titans: Trial of Donna Troy
    5. WW Vol 3 Issue 2
    6. Wonder Woman Annual #1 (New 52)
    7. Wonder Woman #755 (Rebirth)
    8. DeathBringer #1
    9. Blackest Night Titans #2
    Donna Troy in animation adaption:
    1. Teen Titans: Judas Contract
    2. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
    3. Super Best Friends shorts
    4. Young Justice
    5. Aquaman 1967
    6. Teen Titans GO
    7. Teen Titans (Briefly in the finale)
    8. Teen Titans say no to Drugs Ad
    [IMG]

Donna Troy in video games:
    1. Lego DC Supervillains
    2. DC Legends (Mobile)
    3. DC Universe Online
    [IMG]

Donna Troy in live action:
    1. Debra Winger as Wondergirl in Wonder Woman live action series 1975
    2. Conor Leslie as Donna Troy in Titans 2019
    [IMG][IMG]

Other versions of Donna:
    Two noticeable versions of Donna is
    1. Fury of Earth 2, Daughter of SteppenWolf and Wonder Woman.
    2. And she also appears in Bombshells with Cassie Sandsmark (the third Wondergirl) where Diana has died and they got the magical artifacts and decides to continue the fight.
    [IMG][IMG]

Costumes:
    Donna had many costumes over the years.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Well, that's about wraps it up. I hope you enjoyed this thread of Donna Troy. As you can see she is my favorite.
    If you have any facts & any other information regards Donna you can add it here. I have a few more threads like this in mind so maybe in the future. =)
    • Like x 4
  2. Stardazer Committed Player

Donna Troy is one of my all-time favs too! Great work on collecting all the information and pics. Great intro to people who aren't familiar with her. I hope she gets the recognition she deserves in future DLCs.
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

I hope so! I would love to see her taking the front in a future episode. Or at least, focus on her and Cassie. And thank you, she's such a great character. She's been through a lot - but she still going strong. And that's why I relate to her so much haha.
  4. Eve YouTuber

Going to bump this baby because It was Donna Troy's birthday yesterday(in comics\fictional) Might aswell make one for Shayera (Hawkgirl\Hawkwoman) since she is also celebrating 80 years now.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Donna Troy along with Wally West and Raven are my trinity.

When I first dreamed up Wilder he was Donnas older brother. Their father was Loren Jupiter and they were all descendants of Zeus. (this was a few years before the Wolfman/Perez days).

If you're looking for a little extra Wonder Girl action hunt down Wonder Woman issues 265 and 266. Both issues feature a Donna Troy solo back up story which is I believe her only solo story through the entirety of the silver and bronze age. Wonder Woman and Wondergirl also shared a story in Adventure comics 461.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

Thank you, will definitely look these up!
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

There was no where near as much comic book and super hero merchandise back then as there is today. If I were a kid today I would have probably been driven insane by the time I got to the fourth grade trying to collect everything, especially since most of todays merchandise is pricey and aimed at the adult collector. Some of the male Titans (Robin and Aqualad along with the original Superboy) were represented in the "Action Boy" action figure line (which itself was an offshoot to Captain Action). It wasn't until the mid seventies when Wondergirl received her own action figure:

[IMG]

Just before the Teen Titans first revival 7-11 used to sell slurpees in super hero cups. The line included an impressive list of characters including Wondergirl but I never saw any DC cups (I always ended up getting the Vision). The images they used for them were used for a series of "back to school" supplies so once upon a time there were Wondergirl spiral notebooks and pads with this pic on them:

[IMG]

I can't imagine any of them having survived since the 70's but I sure would love to have one just for the nostalgia.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Love that. Dying to get some Donna merch. I ordered the heroclix box of Wonder Woman's 80th anniversary, so she has a heroclix inside aswell. They don't look the same as in the pictures, but the product should still be alright I guess. I plan to order another figure of her I found on Ebay with her stardust suit. Argh, I wish DCUO made a statue of her.

I actually wanted the DCUO Wonder Woman one, and It's super expensive. Who can even pay for this? X_X
    I do have Catwoman and Zatanna however. Canary might be my next order :p
  9. Starblast Well-Known Player

I always liked her cosmic outfit and the fact that I believe she was one of the few that remembered/aware of the multiverse. Them making her a villain in New52 was not cool. I'm glad she was redeemed and punished but I dunno ... it still seems hard to come back from that. But....I guess that is her thing...always these different origins. It's so hard to believe many of these comics and portrayals are from soooo long ago!
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Same. Her cosmic suit is my favorite. I love the New52 suit, not the story. I hate they did it to her. But that's what I love about Donna - despite everything she went through (Including losing her son and husband) she is still rising up to fight everyday. And looks good while doing so. xD
  11. Eve YouTuber

12. Eve YouTuber

Donna Troy's newest action figure by McFarlane Toys, It's been ages since she got one and I preordered it, should receive it in May.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. Eve YouTuber

Donna Troy by DC Artist Jen Bartel
    [IMG]
  14. Eve YouTuber

Dawn of DC Donna Troy art by DC Artist Jeff Spokes
    [IMG]
  15. Eve YouTuber

Happy Belated Birthday to Donna Troy, born April 26!
    Here is a new piece from the upcoming Titans series, by Nicola Scott.
    [IMG]
  16. Eve YouTuber

Titans #1 Cover B by Jim Lee
    [IMG]
  17. Dene Devoted Player

Thanks for the reminder - I found it amongst my digitall comics :)

I also have a "teen titans spotlight" Donna solo story but that is considered modern age, i think

Oh, Zoe, I found the WG version of your sig.. LOL

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Showcase #100 also features the silver age Teen Titans along with every other character to appear in the comic so they play a small role but Donna gets the spotlight for a few panels while Kid Flash flirts with her.

The Titans teamed up with Batman for a few issues of the Brave and the Bold and with Superman in Worlds Finest in the silver age. I forget the specific issues tho.

I used to love the Titans so much as a kid I would buy a comic if they were even featured in a house ad.
    • Like x 2
  19. Eve YouTuber

OMG I love thattt
    (Second pic doesn't work)
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 1