Dominance requirement for T6-content

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by oasenhoheit, Apr 12, 2014.

1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

In the on-duty-menu it says, that 1.500 Dominance is "suggested" for the new T6-alert.
    The lastest content (AnB) had a requirement of 775, In Paradox and Nexus it was 800.

Is it intended, that you almost need double the dom than for the former Tier?
    If yes, you need almost full Rage-gear, fully expert modded (mods which include Dom, Resto-Health is not an option then).

My Ice-tank, who is mostly modded Resto-Health and who is specced into Resto to buff his shields, has 1350 Dom with a CR of 100.
    • Like x 2
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

You wouldn't need Rage gear but a nearly full set of Ion would probably be necessary. My Ice tank has an 87 utility belt, 88 weapon and the rest is a mix of Ion/Rage gear with 90 rings/face/neck, 127 SP and I sit at over 1600 Dom and 2400+ Resto. I filled out the T1 Dom, Resto and HP innates before working on the T2 Resto. I'm modded about half & half Dom/Health and Resto/Health.

It is rather weird that the Dom req is so high but you should be able to hit it.
  3. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

You are right, that I would be able to reach it with my char, if I would mod and spec more focuesd on Dom.
    But this is also a DLC, which should be usable for people, who only own this one DLC. Max gear they can get is 85 Atlanta/Manta-gear. And 1,5k Dom is out of reach with 85-gear, I guess.

That the jump from 775/800 to 1.500 is massive and weird, is something we totally agree about. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Think that's bad, as a troll, what's the point of having all that dom if there isn't much for us to CC? :(
    • Like x 2
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I would agree with this if the overall intention to allow someone in IL 85 gear to get into or participate in the new content. I say this because tier 6 vendor gear is starting off in Gotham Under Siege which requires you to teleport to Themyscria's command post first. It is the first set of tier 6 gear and it is not available in a 100% public area. Also the minimal CR requirement is 100 which is out of reach of that public gear.

If the intent is to require War of the Light Part 1 then that would change how DLCs are set up, yes, but would be the reasoning behind this requirement.
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

they probably realized how easy it was to reach the suggested Dom for a majority of the instances even with gear that wasn't max tier. If they wanted to make players spec into Dom again then this way works. The only problem is other than the quick physical pull or push there is nothing to control over a long duration.

I guess I can see how a tank who doesn't have enough Dom could rely more on a controller. Taunts will always taunt enemies regardless of Dom amount. Tanks are sponges so they just block and seek combat counters. So it they're blocking and taking too much damage from a group of NPCs the controller can always briefly control them with 1 ability. Problem still being the way the NPCs operate with control effects.

Hmmm a tank relying on a controller to control NPCs so that damage is temporarily prevented...
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

Teamwork? The very idea of that.... The gall!

I like the idea but make that kind of thing too effective and we'd further marginalize the tank in this content. Incoming damage is already somewhat low and people are already running no tank/no healer groups on test. Tweak a few things here and there and this idea could have legs!
  8. MetalMario Loyal Player

There are solos that drop item level 90 gear (hopefully an oversight) so not being able to get to 1.5k dom isn't a good point. I do agree that it is excessive though.