Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - September 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 31, 2023.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

*sigh* More names to ignore.
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I hope this settles the matter once and for all.
    This past June, we had an Atlantis' Dolphin inspired skin set.
    Sea Changed Skin Set. Not Dolphin's Skin Set. Sea Changed.

If a style inspired by DC's Dolphin that doesn't resemble actual dolphins doesn't have Dolphin in its name,
    why should a style that doesn't resemble actual cheetahs have Cheetah in its name?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You know how strident Wonder Woman fans can be.
    That's an actual quote from a Wonder Woman writer bemoaning he's being criticized for sidelining Diana in her own book.
    No, really.

Every wondy fan knows her character and lore aren't always being placed in the best of care.
    Don't take my word for it. Take Gail Simone's.

I guess I'm being strident here as well, and everyone here is upset over such attitude, that they would fight against something they would otherwise won't care about.

All I want to see is a name change to the material to be more accurate. That is all.

Since so many wants to jump on the "comics" bandwagon, I'll just submit these pics from main continuity Wonder Woman comics, featuring Barbara Ann Minerva as Cheetah (since she's the only one used by DCUO) drawn with correct spots, drawn not only by regular artists (instead of random guests) but you'd probably recognize a name or two.

Wonder Woman #9, drawn by George Perez
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #94, drawn by Mike Deodato, Jr.
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #117, drawn by John Byrne
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #187, drawn by Phil Jimenez
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #214, drawn by Drew Johnson
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #4, drawn by Terry Dodson
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #29, drawn by Aaron Lopresti
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #18, drawn by Bilquis Evely
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #750, drawn by Jesus Merino
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman #750, drawn by Nicola Scott
    [IMG]
  4. Whazues Well-Known Player

pretty cool material even though the spots re more identifiable as Leopard spots but i see the homeage reference to the original chetah design plus the shading of the yellow is matching the yellow on the cheetah's fur while the spot resemble the Leopard spots but still a pretty cool material that anyone can use as a fasion animal print as a cat walk style show casing among their own leagues
  5. Whazues Well-Known Player

while true make sure to look at the shading of the yellow it matches the cheetah's bright yellow shading while the spots match the Leopard spots
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Without factoring in lighting basically renders colour comparison moot, the material doesn't definitively hue close to either depending on which pixel you extract
    [IMG]
  7. Ryll Committed Player

• Like x 2
  8. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Literally the same continuity in the same series
    [IMG]
  9. Ryll Committed Player

All that does is show there are several different versions of Cheetah in the comics.

Lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

That is literally meant to be the same version of the character.

It's artistic inconsistency, pure and simple.
  11. Grip Committed Player

:eek: Yikes! and all this time I thought I was wearing Cheetah prints... oof Pranked again.
    OOPS, wrong chat :) Seriously though, good eyes to notice that and kudos to the designer on a cool-looking material.
  12. Ryll Committed Player

Artistic inconsistencies is right! She doesn't have any jewelery on like in the panel that you shared! The nerve of the artist!
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

WOOOW! Where is this thread going?

Once again, it's all about choice, isn't it?

The devs have recognized the inconsistency of the material name, but chose not to correct it for their own reasons; my guess it's because it doesn't break the mechanics of the game. Unless WB/DC requests that the name of the material be changed, the devs will stick with their final decision.

What happens now? Well, there are choices to be made.

Players can choose to use the material as they wish.

Players can choose to not use the material and delete it or never purchase it from the Dr. Fate vendor when it appears there.

Players can choose to continue to give feedback about the material; however, that choice has a possibility to be hundreds of pages long with the same outcome; no change in the material name.

Personally, I choose to use the material; I can work with it. I also choose to thank the devs for giving us a different type of material, and hope that they make a chroma version so we can set it to different gear channels. THANK YOU DEVS! :D
    • Like x 3
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Oh MY! I Love THis one! :D edit: is it tintable?
    • Like x 1
  15. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Probably not, or they would have showcased that
  16. EmperorDxD New Player

Can we please get more character slots maybe like 42 or even 36
    • Like x 1
  17. RamaKrishna New Player

don't get it
  18. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Bump.
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

They fixed it, but forgot to mention they had. :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Ah, thanks. I checked yesterday and they were still account bound, but there was a time gap before I posted. Yep, fixed now. Thanks guys!