Do the Villains see the Heroes as Villains?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Manolishill, Mar 6, 2016.

1. MuTeDx Committed Player

"Necessary allies" the story is centered around heroes and villains fighting together against braniac. Heroes are the ones afraid to test their powers because they might hurt a civilian, I'd push one off the roof if in the right mood.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

On EU I only noticed that heroes kick, leave and abandon instances much more than villians. Especially in duos it is really annyoing, but alsa raids, where they enter just to leave right away.

Heroes don't even try to beat something that could be even slightly challenging? why do they kick without even trying? Why do they insult each other so often?
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

I read it. I also noted he posted this in the 'gameplay discussion' forum, therefore related my response around gameplay. ;)

If this were the funhouse however (where it most likely belongs), my response would gave been more cat giffy.
    • Like x 1
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

Hahaha! "Cat giffy" :D
    • Like x 1
  5. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

i see the jerks as jerks and thats on both sides....but i heard the tales of old about how the heroes acting more like villains on the PvP phase which could be one of the causes for starting off in PvE phases...one of the reason not the main one...just to be clear lol.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

thank you sorry but no.
    they may make a few mistakes along the way but they do the right thing.
    they're superheroes.
  7. Senko Committed Player

Have you ever seen a superhero fight? Do you think those buildings get evacuated before superman punch's one of his opponents through them or do the people in the offices have to dive for cover?
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

Because the players who play the game are less like this in their real lives:
    [IMG]
    And instead more like this guy:
    [IMG]
    Who when handed the powers of his worlds Superman expy turned into this:
    [IMG]
    He might have "wanted" to be a hero, because 'everyone' wants to be the hero... But when given superpowers he simply didn't care and went on a crime spree almost immediately, even though Megamind was trying to groom him into the perfect replacement for his former rival Metroman...
  9. MuTeDx Committed Player

I get what you are saying, but it's a mentality thing. Supes isn't trying to hurt people and avoids it if he can. All heroes follow that mentality, bar none. Any hero not in that mentality is an anti-hero at best or just a villain that people like so much he's proclaimed a hero, but still a villain. Overall I don't disagree with what you say, but what I was saying was more of a joke and a nod to the civilians on the roof (so fun even at 156).

Story still puts all players as mercinaries, paid for missions completed. So following that there are no heroes, you guys just don't take dirty jobs, villains take out other villains and heroes depending on who wants who taken out and who has more cash. I guess that explains why villain styles are better?
  10. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Speaking of villains and heroes, as I've just completed the tutorial on hero side (CR 41 atm), I've noticed that most hero equips seem to reduce the power pool rather than increasing it. Is it that hero-side exclusive or is it just me?
  12. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I have always found the villain side of DCUO to be the more chill, mature, respectful side of DCUO after starting out as a Hero and now moving almost full time to the Villain side. Now there have always been far more heroes than villains in this game, but I feel as though the ratio of skilled/reasonable players to the generally hateful/arrogant/in a hurry players is far greater.
    There are great players and people on both sides and if you have great people you play with or good league don't change, but I feel like the villain side is best for those who just want a far less stressful/rage inducing experience.

Total Opinnion, that's all
    • Like x 1
  13. The Forest Shadow Well-Known Player

Funnily enough, I really do consider my villain to be a mercenary in the employ of LexCorp. It's actually part of his back story.

Yeah, my character has a backstory. **** you.

Anyway, one of my bases uses the Tech setting, and I've used cables, crystals, and various emerald mist containers to make it look as if I'm researching ways to weaponize kryptonite on Lex's behalf. It's one of my prouder achievements, along with making the doorway to our Red Lantern's section of the league hall look like the mouth of a giant slain beast using the demon tusks.

This game has brought out an interior design part of me that I had no idea existed.
  14. The Forest Shadow Well-Known Player

That's where I live, baby. That's where I live.
  15. megamanzero Loyal Player

magneto isnt a villain persay...he just isnt afraid to kill to get his people freedom. kinda like a MLK vs Malcom X thing.

lex is just jealous....like literally. he wants to be looked at as a god...not super man. i dont think he really cares about heroic stuff though...just the power. ki