Do Shields Count as Healing, Damage Taken, or Neither?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ForkDance, Feb 6, 2022.

1. GregTheFarmer Active Player

Shield damage absorption doesn't reflect on the scorecard.d
  2. ForkDance New Player

It appears my reputation precedes me.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Think it was fvr while I was on muni toon. And yeah, if doing regular content you barely need shields. Elite, yeah you’ll barely make it past the hallway adds like that with ice unless maybe you’re maxing health instead of dom. The adds in TSDE/ Lois fight will take your shields in a blink. Obviously the snipers are just one shots no matter what you do if you miss the lunges. 2nd boss, nothing too crazy minus Cyborg doing what he always does. 3rd, there’s some adds that take your powers/ snipers/ and some demon that hits like a truck. Kite him, he’ll take 5 shields off you in under 10secs. Last boss, pretty easy for ice. Haven’t tried with any others.
    • Like x 1
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Okay so in that example with the snipers, is the tank the only one who can lunge them? Im sure there are other things going around.
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Primarily the tanks job. If you’ve got 2 tanks, you have one on each side. The Lois side is the side for the single pull tank, lasso is best but don’t use the artifact. Adds will come out either side. In the low level elite, snipers only come on the Lois side. So the other tank is pulling everything and st tank is grabbing snipers. Basically with ice, they’ll always be the st tank so when the group of adds come out, slap them with resonanting gale and then pluck the sniper out. Try to get him solo and the other tank grabs the trash. All burn should focus on the sniper. Skull means lunge immediately. Troll or a dps should be backing you up in case you’re handcuffed.

You may get more than one sniper at a time. So let the other tank grab one and focus on the 1st unless you can pluck them both but both need to be lunged still so it’s easier to let the other tank deal with that for a min. Once Lois is out, all add burn should stop because if you keep burning adds, there’s the possibility that more snipers will spawn and it gets bad fast. Lois snipe is a slower lunge. Her skull comes up, count 1 2 3 then lunge.

If you’re solo tanking, the adds will die and then there will be more snipers with Lois. Tank stays on Lois and troll and dps will have to deal with snipers. This raid is big on Communcation. Upper levels, don’t solo is best advice. It’s hard enough on regular elite for 1 tank. Can be done but you’ll at least need 3 people on mic and them knowing what to do.
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Great tips! The inevitable of using mic to communicate lol
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah it’s a really hard raid not to be on mic for at least the Lois fight. If you’re just dps then whatever tho they do need to pay attention on what to burn when. I follow the scoreboard on that fight if someone isn’t talking. If all the dps are close till they get to that fight and then one pulls way ahead, they may be on the kick list cuz that means they’re still burning adds after Lois is out. Great for padding numbers but bad for quick runs
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

One thing I'd like to add to what hellstroke said is that if there is a solo tank you can have the troll or the EoG heal do the lunging so that the tank can focus on everything else. With a solo tank I have even seen some trolls use a single pull on snipers to separate from the rest then stun while the dps focus on that add. But different groups will do different things so it is important to be on the same page. You do not want to be on different pages since thats when people start pointing fingers and raids fall apart.
    • Like x 2
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I don’t usually pug elite raids and I feel like doing so will just make things that much more tedious and time consuming. Yeah I need to make an armory for elite. There’s a high chance that it’s going to be only one tank. I don’t have much to do in the game that I consider worth my time but elite raids will take most of it which I’m still fine with it. On my atomic im close to tanking up EOG and I have Quislet around 100 still need to max it out along with EOG.
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If your EoG isn’t maxed, there isn’t much point to running it on tank side. It’s great at 200 for ice, I know nothing about atomic. Same goes for quislet since it doesn’t do any supercharge regen till 200. You’d be better off, in elites anyway, using even low rank tank artifacts. You do not need to be putting out any damage in elite since you should be running with dps than can triple your damage out in the 1st room alone. If they aren’t, time to rebuild that group. No need to carry anyone unless they’re a friend. You need every advantage to survive elites especially if solo tanking. You are going to be taking more damage than you’ve ever seen plus there are multiple adds that take away your powers so having tank specific bonuses to your artifacts may be what keeps you alive.

Once you’ve got the hang of things then you can start playing around but till then, if there’s even one wipe and you get inspected with a low EoG and a quislet, you’re getting the boot. No one running elites cares what the tank puts out for damage. They want the adds grabbed in a blink of an eye and juggled. EoG at 200 with bloom works great for that strangely. Having mass density is also a great thing for the group and would proc EoG
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

One thing we both missed: keep an eye out for medics. If the burn is weak, these can cause havoc. Take them out asap after the snipers are down. If the buff troll goes out, all the burn in the world barely matters when there’s medic up.
    • Like x 1
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Those two artifacts are so I can spam EOG with Mass Density. I wouldn’t dare go to elite without them being max rank since my purpose is to pop off Mass Density as often as possible.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Unless you’re using quis on your dps side also, I’d solely concentrate on EoG. At 200, you’ll be getting plenty of super back plus it’s really all about getting the 5% dom/health/resto. It’s kind of a bummer that EoG gives 0 all of that till 200. Could have done 1/2/3% at lower ranks and the less time would have already been enough of a bummer. But EoG and strat are just some of those “200 or meh” artifacts out there. Honestly, I’d probably dump quis for scrap. Scrap is great at low levels where quislet is doing nothing for a tank till 200. With scrap, you can run hearty chest mod vs supercharge one also of getting it to 200. This is all assuming you aren’t just running the holy trinity of tank artifacts. Well, only 2 are truly considered must haves but Everyman ain’t terrible insurance.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I don’t dps -_- the time I switched to dps I got called out just because my name has tank in it lmao okay here’s a question and it’s okay if you can give me an estimate. How many times can I use Mass Density with just using EOG? I’m not going to use the supercharge chest mod nor the supercharge generator. I don’t think I plan on using scrap, I’m not a fan of tact swapping. If I don’t use Quislet the my two tank arts are going to be mystic and manacles.
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lmao well may be time for a name change then? That’s funny, it’s ok to do both roles no matter what Random’s say. To answer your question, I have no idea unfortunately because I don’t even know if mass density is a 2500/5000 or 10k super. If it’s 10k, I probably wouldn’t even run it as a tank unless it’s something you really can’t run without. While it’s nice that you’re helping the group, it again isn’t your job. If you had an extra slot and didn’t use another super then sure whatever. If it’s a 2500, awesome. With EoG at 200, you’ll always have one ready to pop. 5ks, with 200 EoG, go into the raid with your super bar full and you’ll probably only ever not have one ready to pop towards the end of a fight. If you’ve got an EoG healer or 2 and they’re paying attention and notice that you are using a super, they should be trying to place their circle (and themselves if they understand how EoG really works) close enough to you to reap the benefits.

But that’s why most tanks either run blossom or the super speed shield. Low costs popping the circle for their own benefit. Also to circle (ha a pun) back a bit, I’d keep scrap in your mind vs quislet for another reason. Not only does it build super faster than quislet ever can, it increases your supercharge pool. So like if mass density is a 5k, normally you can have 2 with a little leftover to spare I believe? Where with a 160ish scrap, you’ll have 3 on deck with a full bar. Add in the head and chest white mods and all you’re waiting for is that super to cooldown. Scrap isn’t an ideal tank artifact by any means but I have a rage buddy that uses scrap EoG quislet and can demolish pretty much everyone while battle tanking but is still tanky enough to do anything except the newest elites till he’s geared up. I’d imagine atomic would be in a similar position. But he can also run source shard grim quislet and do nasty damage. That’s rage for ya. But in a “need tank for critical tsde” setup, EoG manacles mystic will be anyones answer.
    • Like x 1
  16. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Soon we will have a tank that will be kicked in elite run.
    • Like x 1
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It’s funny right lmao like this one person has their name as firelord but their power is quantum. The name itself means nothing but randoms will always have something to say. Mass Density was changed from a 10k super to a 5k super. The cooldown I don’t remember but I believe it’s 30 seconds. I have some experimenting to do with Scrap and Quislet. I’m selfish when I do regular runs lol but in elite I feel like the more survivability the group has the better the outcome. Looking at Obsidianchill shields video, Mass Density comes out on top due to the fact it’s an 8 man shield. So I want to see first hand how well it performs in my hands. For Atomic I agree that EOG, Mystic and Manacles are my go to artifacts. Maybe ill use my income on ranking them up lol
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Always wait for double nth. No need to go broke. If it’s a 5k super, then yeah it’ll be good to go with just EoG most of the time. I’d imagine atomic builds super up pretty quick anyway due to its design of using superpowers. Rage was always great at building super and EoG just makes it silly. Ice, not so much lol. A shield every 15secs ain’t building much and weapon taps aren’t helping really either. But ice loves EoG when using a movement mode super or blossom cuz they’re low cost. In the end, if you’ve got EoG / manacles/ mystic, you can do very well in any content with any power so you’ll be able to switch powers and not be having to also switch artifacts. It’s a great thing.

As for helping the group, it’s never a bad thing. But if it’s hurting you as the tank specifically, it can become one. Knowing it’s 5k, no issues. I’d definitely run it. Even lets the healer change it up a bit knowing they don’t need to run a shield. Trolls should still always have an 8 man one in their loadout. I’d think mass density with EoG would be fantastic in coue when the eyeballs come out. I just roll into a corner and pop 4 shields while screaming with ice. While also button mashing supply drop, chronos, sidekick, soda, and buff trinket. Ah adds, why they have to hurt ice so much lol
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Was just comparing scrap and quislet… yeah I’d definitely be running scrap tho quislet can get up to 5% health at max. But scrap is 4% vit/dom/resto/might/prec. I’m actually going to try eog and scrap on my ice guy in lesser content with hibernation. Could be fun. Or funny. But I already have scrap on his dps side since blizzard is awesome.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I personally like quislet over scrap. Especially on atomic (for dps). Crap is good and all but the damage from the pet (plus the special attack every time you attack with a short cooldown) means it it pull out ahead. My preferred combinations are trans/strat/Gemini or trans/quislet/gemini. Again, for dps. I haven’t really tried scrap/quislet/gemini to see how fast I can spam it’s 0.5 cooldown sc yet lol. I do prefer trans because I want my sc to crit as much as possible. Quislet helps build sc but it also does it’s own mini SC when I use mine. So it’s helps there too.

For tanking I’d still prefer manacles, symbols, and Gemini or soul cloak. I personally lean towards Gemini. But soul cloak is nice since mass density has a 60 second cooldown. For battle tanking I’ve been using quislet, gemini, and symbols or trans depending on what I’m doing.
    • Like x 1