Do people not want Sorc in T5?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tini Bubbles, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Tini Bubbles Well-Known Player

Ok so today I was attempting to get into T5 Alerts. Got told by 2 groups that sorc is no good they only want elec/nature.
    I have never had a problem healing T5 Alerts, till today 2 Dps 1 meh troller and my lag from heck
    So are sorc healers the red headed step-children of DCUO right now?
  2. Flash New Player

They're just players that haven't played with a good sorc healer. Sorc is capable of solo healing both raids.
    • Like x 2
  3. UltraElite Dedicated Player

not true

one of our league members is a beast sorc healer and solos Nexus no problem
    • Like x 1
  4. NexGen New Player

I prefer a sorc with me - the srcond healer doesn't matter to me.
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Just people who pretend that their supposed knowledge of the game gives them the privilege of telling other people how they should play the game.

They're usually wrong, and they're usually terrible players, consider yourself lucky.
    • Like x 2
  6. Statman New Player

Could not say it better, so I won't.
  7. Objeckt Well-Known Player

People don't want a lot of things because people are clueless when it comes to this game. Sorcery is great for T5, especially to solo.
  8. Flair Well-Known Player

Sorc does great in Nexus. Its actually a really good mix blending Sorc with one of the other 2 powersets.
  9. Flair Well-Known Player

Its not quite as good in the T5 alters, cause things are more spread out, but that would be on the people who choose to fight out of their rings.
  10. Covalence New Player

I agree with Flair, Sorcery goes great with either Nature or Electricity
  11. AV Loyal Player

Pretty silly to discriminate. A lazy Sorc healer is really, really frustrating, but the same could be said of all healers.
  12. MetalMario Loyal Player

I've seen the same thing said about electricity but have seen good and bad players with every powerset.
  13. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

All the power sets work pretty decently with each other and have their own advantages/disadvantages.

Sorcery was the only healing power-set that needed to adjust how it healed T5 content a bit, which is why early in the t5 content some sorcery were frustrated and some preferred nature/electricity with them.

Sorcery is capable but like all the power sets works best with another behind that fills in its weaknesses. (elec or nature)

People kick for all sorts of reasons so don't feel anyway. I was kicked for having a move that boosts my groups precision in addition to my healing moves once. (nature does pretty decently with just 4 powers, and ones a shield)
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

The outdoor aspects of the T5 content can make sorc challenging but once I got used to the patterns I had no problems healing the ops even under 90CR. The problem is that too many sorc healers rely to heavily on the watcher (gets one shotted) and/or the circles (hard in an open area).

At least for me the big difference between good and bad sorc healers is knowing how to use Boon of Souls when a big hit is about to come and/or when a circle is misplaced or on cool-down.

I've not run nexus on my healer but one of our league's top healers is sorc and I've haven't heard any complaints come from her either.
  15. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

When the trouble healing came, it was entirely from the raid perspective i thought, but yeah due to the watcher, and many not knowing when the big hits were coming, but now theres a better understanding of that.
  16. amazonianmale Well-Known Player

Some don't, which is ignorant. I got kicked the other day from a nexus group before we started for being a sorcery dps, 97cr
  17. Agnetta Dedicated Player

sorc is good but elec and nature have the one thing sorc doesnt have, instant group heals. having no instant group heals can make boss fights rough. i never tried healing with shared fate though, is that an instant group heal?
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I run with lots of Sorc healers in T5, nothing wrong with em.
  19. Tini Bubbles Well-Known Player

Im gonna try some different specs.
    I ran 2 groups with 2 DPS and 1 troller. OMG WTB tank. Then you have the DPS that try to stand toe to toe and get 1/2 health taken per hit and yell at me cause then run away from the circles or the group spreads out too much.

hahah screw healing...I go sorc dps :) hahaha
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I see people wanting that Electric safety net but Electric has no way to mitigate damage received. I remember the days when no one wanted to run Gates without a Sorcery healer.