DLC13: Throne of the Dead Raid - Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to DLC13!

This is the official feedback thread for the Throne of the Dead raid from DLC13. I'll look to this thread for feedback and questions you have about this raid. And for any problems you encounter as well.

Thanks!
    Quixotic

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Like x 1
  2. Lightws Dedicated Player

This raid atm is bugged. If you wipe on Ares you currently cannot come back inside the fight. A invisible wall spawns around him and he will not engage into the fight.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lightws Dedicated Player

Another bug after starting the Hades fight there's a encounter portal that pretty much never goes away so you can keep wiping as long as 1 person is in there and keep the fight going. Or when teleported he will run into a wall when everyone inside dies. but they can come back in and he will still walk into the wall.
    • Like x 2
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

After finishing the raid the doors to the outer circle area should dissappear so the group can get the collections, briefings and investigation which is currently only possible while the fight (Hades Teleport Phase) is happening and that must be a bug for sure ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Hmm can't edit anymore so 2nd post, sry but forgot smth.

Also on the last boss when the other half of the group is outside (outer room area) and the boss dies at that stage you do not see the cutscene.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

• I was playing in Controller role last night and had a lot of problems controlling the shades. I checked the Dominance requirement today and saw 3000 Dom is needed for Throne of the Dead. That's a really big jump from the 1500 requirement for all other T6 raids. Reaching 3000 Dom is rather difficult in IL 97/98 gear. You pretty much have to spec exclusively for Dom.
    • For the Shade Bowmaster, I noticed the intended target will have a red target above their head. Would it also be possible to place a red ring around their feet? Maybe the ring is there, but I didn't see it. It is rather easy to miss the red arrow if there is a lot of FX on screen.
    Bugs:
    • Whenever a Shade Punisher finished their special attack, the Punisher would go several seconds without being able to take damage. Is that intended? Players were also having problems targeting the Punisher during that time period too.
    • As other users have mentioned, you need to disband the instance if you wipe on Ares. If your group wipes, an invisible wall prevents the group from targeting Ares to start the fight again.
    • Like x 5
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm wondering if a Developer could explain why this is? I havent had a chance to run the content, only just Gadget testing. Once we get to 3000 are the NPCs suppose to not have any breakout profiles or something to make them easier?
  8. DizzyKraken Developer

The required dom is com. Basically the difficulty here has pushed into the bottom of the next tier where there is a requirement jump.
    • Like x 2
  9. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Is the 3000 Dom for tanks AND trollers?
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That appears to be the case. I just ran a quick test with 3000 Dominance on my Controller and I was able to stun some of the mobs. It seemed to help out. Stun durations for smaller adds seemed to run 6-8 seconds. Larger adds either broke out immediately or were stunned for 3 seconds.
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Care to give any examples on to get that dom? Specs etc, how much did you have to reduce other stats in order to boost your dom?
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I replaced all of my Vitalization VI/Vitalization & Health VI mods with Vitalization and Dominance VI. That put me at about ~2800 Dominance. I also had a few pieces of IL 98/99/100 gear. I had to use a Bulldozer Soda to get over the 3000 mark.

I gave up about a ~1000 health for some additional Dominance.

You might be able to get 3000 without a soda if you concentrate on taking Dom in your T3 SP innates and use Vitalization & Dominance VI Expert in most of your yellow slots.

I'm not a big fan of the build. I'd rather have Health or Precision over Dominance.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Is this a necessary build for trollers to take now? Vit and power will decrease a good bit just by taking the T3 SP Dom innates aswell. My stats will change quite drastically on some places by using this build, just wondering if the effect it gives is worth it, or if we can get by without it.

Edit: Played around with my SP to see how much Dom i could collect just by respeccing my SP. Currently i hit 2738 in item lvl 97 gear + OP Neck. In addition to that I had to sacrifice about 110 vit and around 600 power. That was the "big" sacrifices atleast, some other numbers changed aswell but not drastically.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't know. You'll have to ask someone that has completed past the second wave of Shades. The server picked a bad a time to have a lag spike and get us all killed.

It will also depend on who is tanking. Some tanks will be able to handle the hordes of shades just fine without Controllers helping out. Some of them will need help.

One idea might be to aim for 2600-2700 Dominance and use a Soda if it is necessary to get over the 3000 mark. You can also use Chronometric Emitter consumables to stun enemies.
    • Like x 2
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

I got debuffs/cc powers to use for that, dont need consumables for that one :p But i'll keep this in mind about the dom, least I can do is using dom buff sodas. I will wait on doing anything drastic, such as changing mods. Thanks for sharing!
  16. Nuubia Well-Known Player

The VO volume for Hades is very low in the cut-scene.

Also as a mental troll with over 3k DOM I was able to stun/ghost Aries (video below). Is this intended? ....please say yes :p

Skip to 4:40
    • Like x 3
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

We just run another TotD raid and got twice the marks (6 instead of 3) on the first and normal marks on the other 2 which doesnt sound right :)
  18. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Nice video!
  19. BigDaddyDru New Player

Having all the appropriate League Proficiencies, sufficient Skill Points and being fully 97 Raid geared (all 14 pieces), my controller's dominance currently sits at 2584 Base.

This means that if my controller maintains everything I just mentioned, but upgrades her gear to at least full 99 Vendor Gear, she will easily pass 3,000 base dominance to satisfy the suggested dominance for these instances.

From my perspective and with this in mind, getting 3,000 Dominance is no big deal and is certainly attainable.
  20. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

I took a dom soder on test tonight to get over the 3000 dom level. It was very useful for CCing adds, especially the Bowmaster who can take 3-4 people at the same time. I would highly recommend trollers speccing and modding for Dom now to hit that level.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.