DLC10 - Gear Pricing

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Spytle, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Hello everyone,

let me just lead off and apologize for the pricing you are seeing for the Amazon Fury PI gear on the vendors. It is not our intention to make those cost more than the $2000 dollar premium cash cap. It is our firm belief that gear in the DLC you purchase should be attainable without having to make an extra purchase - like buying an escrow token to free up more cash.

We are changing this right now and you should see the lower prices hit test with the next update. It certainly will not launch that way once the DLC goes live. So please rest assured you will be able to enjoy all of those styles and stats as a Legendary member or with a premium account.

Let me take one second to explain why this happened. We have a very old tool that runs a script to generate all the costs of the gear before we go on to test. This script automatically calculates the prices for the gear based on the level. We are going to go back and adjust these prices by hand. We also need to fix the script so that this does not occur again in the future. All I can say is, we have SO much going on, we missed this and made a mistake, and we are sorry it caused people to get justifiably upset with what they saw. I also wanted to add, that this is PC test, and there is always time for us to change things before they go live, especially when it is simply numbers like this. I would just ask for you to give us a little time to investigate any problems, find a solution, and get a post ready to update you about a change.

Once again, sorry for the stress, and thanks for your support and passion for DCUO!
    • Like x 104
  2. Feenicks New Player

I'm hoping that settles that then.

Now about those Phoenix wings.... :)
    • Like x 31
  3. Trinidad James Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Like seriously! Thank you, And thanks for making your words so sincere. Also #givemephoenixwings
    • Like x 14
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

5. Tikkun Loyal Player

I see Spytle wore his cape to work today. Good to hear!
    • Like x 13
  6. Archangel Rafael New Player

translated for tl:dr types.
    • Like x 9
  7. blklightning New Player

So good to see this!

Quite a few dismayed people out there when those prices came to light. Thanks for getting it fixed.
    • Like x 5
  8. Ice Lantern New Player

I'm usually hard on Premiums but even I thought that was a bit much.
    • Like x 7
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I think we should keep Feenicks grounded. :p
  10. Feenicks New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLoneLantern New Player

You should really be grateful that you got an NPC named after you...:D
    • Like x 3
  12. BumblingB I got better.

If only I could have a Ted Kord Blue Beetle. :(
    • Like x 2
  13. Kristyana New Player

While we're on the subject - why does gear cost both cash AND marks? If you're looking at this script now, I would suggest eliminating the cash requirement of armor completely. There's no real need for it.
    • Like x 17
  14. Fruity Reaper New Player

Nice post Spytle hopefully puts to bed the drama now.

So these Phoenix wings I keep hearing about....

#FreeThePhoenix
    • Like x 7
  15. TheLoneLantern New Player

I believe he's referring to these:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  16. PhoenixTanker New Player

What about associated equipment mods that comes with the dlc?
    • Like x 1
  17. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Well im glad this will settle everybody down on this matter. They were throwing a mad crazy fit about that lol.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Would it not be easier just to change the cash cap?
    • Like x 1
  19. Fruity Reaper New Player

Errrrm, no. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Buckley Loyal Player

The Phoenix.... Shame on you that's a hero bird. Why on earth would you want that Fruity, might as well wear a cape then.
    • Like x 1