Divide the cost of resetting based on how many bosses are not completed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rasta, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Rasta Committed Player

Has someone ever posted the idea of having to reset content based on how many bosses you complete?

For example, a friend invites you into an Assault and Battery run at the 3rd boss. You finish off the raid but still have 2 bosses that you need to get loot from. So the next time you run it and get to the 3rd boss, instead of the reset being 87 badges the cost to reset would be divided based on how many bosses you have not completed in the instance.
    • Like x 28
  2. Masta New Player

+1
    • Like x 1
  3. Iron YoJimBo New Player

I'd see that as a good way to up the replay badge sales. The devs might find that interesting.
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

yes i agree
  5. Xenoblade New Player

Wow, great idea.
    Good job, hope it happens
    • Like x 1
  6. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

+1
    • Like x 2
  7. compasionate grenade Committed Player

I would only reset for the last boss of a&b :-/
  8. Ice Lantern New Player

No, that's what you get for not getting it done.
    • Like x 2
  9. Rasta Committed Player

you must have not fully understood me
    • Like x 2
  10. Sylo Committed Player

I've always believed there should be some rollover type feature for replays. However this idea is good to:)
    • Like x 1
  11. SoylentBob New Player

It's been brought up so players could be cheap about just getting drops from last bosses.
    It has a high potential for abuse as players get kicked at the last boss already to make room for friends and Leaguemates.

Plus, in your example, you forgot that you don't need to re-run that 3rd boss, so you don't need to reset him. It's not like you'd be leaving the group hanging; plenty of people are looking for last boss only just for drops.

Before badges, loot locked was loot locked, and reruns were entirely on you.
    • Like x 2
  12. Ice Lantern New Player

"instead of the reset being 87 badges the cost to reset would be divided based on how many bosses you have not completed in the instance."

If someone could not get the last boss done that person can replay the badge at a cheaper price. Now if you meant that the replay cost is dependent on how many bosses have been beaten by the group, then that's different (but something I still disagree with). I understand now that that may not have been your intended purpose but it would make it cheaper for those who couldn't get the raid done the last time.

That all said, I still disagree with the idea. It would lead to even more people trying to cherry pick the last boss. It would also lead to people being kicked just before it because people having friends and/or leaguemates who wants to do just the last boss.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dragon lord New Player

This would be a nice feature to add the game. One problem I see with this is that people would abuse this and only shout for last boss only. If this could be implemented so that I could not be abused I would like to see it in game
  14. amazonianmale Well-Known Player

15. Derio 15000 Post Club

16. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I could see it now. Groups go in, beat the first boss of assbat and leave. Reset it for 20 marks and do it over and over until they get decent gear.
  17. ragetest New Player

make old raids like 37 replay badges to reset, and new raid keep at 87, this is why people don't run old raids no worth it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Bast10n Committed Player

People would abuse this.

For example Raids where the Last Boss is the only one that drops the loot you are looking for. People would be Shouting for last boss only.. IE Nexus and Paradox (non Od feat).

If I'm invited to a last boss I may or may not reset. If I have enough time before weekly reset to run it agin for the first bosses, I'll reset it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Rasta Committed Player

or
    even selective resetting would be nice. running locked on the first 3 bosses and only having to pay 22 badges to reset last boss
  20. danielqpk New Player