Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hotgirlzz, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

I think if your in an instance that you should receive the rewards no matter where your toon is if a boss dies while your in that instance.
    I have disconnected many times over the years and get back on and reinvited to the instance just to be placed at the beginning and the boss dies before you make it all the way there and you get no rewards.
    Also when you die in instances sometimes the respawn spot is so far away if the boss dies you don't get rewards if your not back at the door in time.
    Please devs can you at least give rewards as long as your in the instance when the boss dies.
    DC is famous for blue screens and people disconnecting. Please make it right for us. Thanks.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

I disagree, itll encourage players to logout to do something else where the receive rewards when not participating
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I would hope that somehow it can be programmed to work like FF14. I have been disconnected (dc’d) before lots of time while in a dungeon on FF14 and when I logged back in somehow I was still in the group and returned to said dungeon. Usually only because my sister was there encouraging the others not to kick me lol
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Theyve tried several times (deadlink) to get it to work, no luck so they removed it.
  5. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Well I always participate. And I don't think it's fair to have to run a long raid all over again just to get last boss rewards. And I have also disconnected if I have died when I go to get up if I wasn't picked up. This I think isn't fair and especially if your going for renown.
  6. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

I don't like running into people that won't try their best in the instances either. But disconnecting from a group you joined is different then just randomly queing into things
  7. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

I disagree with that because if your not participating the group don't have to invite you back. Simple
  8. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Anyway just thought that this shouldn't be to hard for the devs to do. And it would be fair to get your rewards if you make it back from a disconnection.
  9. Canadian Justice Committed Player

As someone has said, deadlink was the fix you were asking for. You were still in instance for 10(ish) minutes after you disconnected, you wouldn't get to choose your loot but you would get it. It just proved to be such an absurd hassle in getting it to actually work that it was easier to just scrap it. Often times it would result in the disconnecting players being stuck out of game for the full ten minutes with every log in attempt resetting the ten minutes, it.... wasn't fun.

If they can get it, or something like it, working again. I doubt you'd find someone against that.
    • Like x 1
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

This was tried years ago and only caused more issues. I like the idea, but unless you can code-out all the bad stuff that comes with it, then no. Being linkdead was also annoying when you wanted to switch characters...
  11. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Disconecting in the alert is really pissing me off its happened to me twice now in a row going into flash museum after we beat the destroyer on the same character I have just given up on doing the alert on this character tonight. Maybe drop the save the universe mission to complete each 1 once and not 3 times for alerts and not 5 for solo. I get its a weekly mission since there is no world boss but world bosses are beat in minutes and this would take a hour with the current raid and alerts. Add the constant Disconecting and its killing my will to play save the universe.
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

To be fair besides thinking about what will benefit me personally, it was a hassle on the developer's part and the player base, because we only had two options, either wait and hope the dc'd player hops back on or take a chance and vote you out, and at the end of it all , it's just one of those unfortunate cases that happens, but whatever knocks you down you can always pick yourself right back up.
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thats fine, since i already got the loot. Players in some raids just try to hang back and wait till the boss is pulled to sit afk outside the room for the free loot if we manage to kill it.

If player can abuse something, they will abuse something.