Did CR calculation change in recent episode?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

Or is the gear's level from latest episode not accurate? I have been using https://odyssey-gaming.netlify.app/cr-calculator as the tool to calculate my progress. Until recent episode, it has been fairly accurate.

[IMG]

But in-game, I see the CR as 413. Equipped CR is 412 (which is correct since the weapon is in another build. Equipped one has Level 353 weapon. But from how it used to work, that CR still gets calculated which is why I used 370 here.

It's not even a minute difference like .05 or something. This is a big difference in numbers. And I can't figure out why it's this way.

Anyone know what could be causing the CR calculation to get skewed?
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My numbers align with the calculator but to properly test it i'd need the weapon which will take another week. Then my Equipped Cr would jump from 429,81 to 430,04.

It is also likely you once got a better piece of gear which you accidentally deleted. It would still count towards your overall CR.
  3. Prindacerk Committed Player

My in-game CR is lower than the CR in the website. That's the issue. Current in-game is not calculating the same way as this calculator does. But usually it do.
    • Like x 1
  4. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, without some sort of evidence - like a video of you highlighting over each piece and showing the CR of each piece, we have no way of knowing if you've just made a typo in the CR calculator or not.

The devs haven't mentioned that they've changed the percentages or anything.
  5. Prindacerk Committed Player

Let me record it and show. Except for weapon which is in my role build, rest of it is in my DPS build. Will share them and show.
    • Like x 1
  6. Prindacerk Committed Player

Interesting. Seems like a glitch in the game. Once I switched build from DPS to Role build, my CR changed to 414. Only in DPS mode, it was showing 413 for some weird reason. Once I upgraded the weapon gear in DPS to 360 (eventhough role gear was 370), it went to CR 414.
    • Like x 1
  7. Prindacerk Committed Player

The bug happened again. This time I was able to capture on both video and the Odyssey calculator.

This is the CR calculator output. CR should be 416.
    [IMG]

This is my screen recording of the gear. As you can see, while in my DPS role where I have equipped most of my gear (except weapon), the CR is showing as 414. Even when I log off and login, it's the same CR. Then I switch roles using my troll build, it automatically corrects itself to 416. Troll gear is Shock of the System elite gear with only the weapon upgraded to level 370. Once I switched to that build and then switch back to DPS, I see CR 416.

So there's some delay in the CR calculation recognizing the new gear stats. Didn't experience this before the release of the new episode.
    • Like x 2
  8. Miserable Dedicated Player

Yeah, I experienced this recently. The calculator was correct but the game just didn't update my CR for some reason. I forget how I fixed it, maybe just equipped the gear.

Edit: Just watched the video. So your CR went back down to 414 from 416? Are you able to reproduce it?
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Do you spec a point into Dual Pistol for DPS? It’s possible the CR calculation happens before your weapon specs are updating when changing roles. It may not be checking dual pistol as DPS if there isn’t a placeholder sp.

Have you had this happen with any other gear piece or only weapons?
    • Like x 2
  10. Miserable Dedicated Player

Now that you mention it, I believe this was the culprit for me. I think you need to have a point spec'd into that weapon type for it to be considered in the CR calculation.
  11. Prindacerk Committed Player

No. I haven't specced Dual Pistol in DPS. But I have not had this problem in the past in the same SP allocation. When I upgraded weapons when Shock of the System episode came in, I followed same pattern. Upgraded my DP only first. But my DPS CR calculation didn't get skewed like this. That's why I noticed this weird behaviour.

And when I switched roles and come back, DP is still not allocated. But my DPS CR has updated. So it's a weird behaviour.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Are you talking about "Combat Rating" or "Equipped Combat Rating" (what actually shows on your UI, groups, etc)? Any gear not equipped at that very moment can only factor in to "Combat Rating" which is only seen in your stats screen and league roster. This is regardless of role, active armory, sp spec, etc and how it's always been (or at least since 2018 when I started).

The gear you have equipped in that YT video will give you an equipped CR of 414.35. A 370 weapon would give you an equipped Combat Rating of 416.31 when equipped. When not equipped and with a lower item level weapon equipped in it's place, your Combat Rating will remain at 416.31 but your Equipped Combat Rating (again, what shows in the upper left hand corner of UI and in group list on the left side) will adjust to the new lower weapon.
  13. Prindacerk Committed Player

I'm not talking about the Equipped Combat Rating. I'm talking about Combat Rating. If you look in my YT, Combat Rating is 414 at timestamp 0.33. That's with the gear equipped except for my Dual Pistol which is in my inventory but not equipped (so it should apply to Combat Rating but not Equipped Combat Rating). But once I switched my build, my CR jumps to 416 (Timestamp 0.56) eventhough equipped CR is 412. Seems when I changed build, it refreshed/recalculated CR and it became correct.
  14. Photonaxon Well-Known Player

Who changed the CR upgrade system? I did not get an upgrade for 415 from 414. Blue did not give 464 at 415, but 463.

Very disappointing. Change seem to be made by devs who don't even know how the game works.

When are you going to install a system to show what CR items will upgrade to? I end up with wasted items.
  15. IonHero Committed Player

So the Calculation for the Item level for unattuned gear are:

CR / 1.15 + Color Bonus; all Rounded Down

Color Bonus:
    Green gives +2
    Blue gives +3
    Purple gives + 4
    Yellow gives +5
    (Colorless would give +0)
    (Light Blue would give + 1)

Unfortunately that means several CRs will end up sharing the item levels of potential gear
    in you case
    414/1.15 = 360
    and
    415/1.15= 360.9 which rounded down is 360

so for blue unattuned gear would open a item level 363 for both those CRs

If you don't want to do the calculations on your own, the website listed at the top of the thread https://odyssey-gaming.netlify.app/cr-calculator has the calculator at the bottom of it's page