Did Celestial get ninja nerf'd ?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by YinChakra, May 14, 2015.

1. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I've noticed Retribution is hitting for way less than before, even the crits. Now my retributions are crits are like 10-15k, back when AF2 was the latest dlc my Crits were 20k+. Also plauge crits are no longer hitting 30k+ like before. Funny thing is i have way more prec than before.
  2. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

CR Differential.
    Different defense formula.
    Take your pick.
    • Like x 4
  3. Snix Dedicated Player

I started seeing 30k plus in NGN once I was CR 120+. 38k to be somewhat exact.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

CR scaling. You need a higher CR to see the big crits. It affected Rage, HL, and celestial more than the might based powers.

Once you get 120 you see like crazy high numbers.
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

CR is everything now, more CR = more dmg.
  6. Snix Dedicated Player

I don't like it.
    • Like x 3
  7. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Before plague would hit 32k+ on multiple ads now 20k's on 1ad or boss the other glyphs would hit around 15.k. i'm seeing this in hh.
  8. WinterHorseman New Player

W
    What game was everyone else playing because I would've killed for some 15k retributions let alone 20k! I was Celestial when it was updated just a bit ago with the power back am and at the highest cr with full precision mods and 188 sp The highest plague I would hit would be around 15k. The difference in numbers for different players really bothers me because I seen a Youtube video of a player with less stats than that in Thrones hitting retributions for 22k....what gives?
  9. Sionn Committed Player

I only ever saw 11-12k RcW hits max, and 15k-ish PcDLs in raids. It's less after the update. About 2-3k less on crits. I thought that was because of the CR differential changes. Was it not?
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

No nerf.
    • Like x 2
  11. WinterHorseman New Player

That's what I thought, that's what I normally got as well.
  12. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Celestial is nature nerfed is very slow to do same damage than othe power that dont have slowness.
    I belive in what creator of thread say.
  13. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

I can get the pain train going in 3 seconds. Quantum also needs 3 seconds for the time bomb to detonate. Fire also comes nowhere close to celestial's damage, and Mental has no DoT's to make up for the three seconds between Mass Terrors. Celestial is the same as it's always been, celestial is fine.
  14. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

Its cause they nerfed prec dmg thats why celestial do low dmg again
  15. Snix Dedicated Player

CR Differential is what makes you see these low numbers. Gain CR and you'll once again hit like a champ. Quantum and Mental are still better than us Celestial though.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

There does seem to be an issue with weapon DPS being capped at 500, which will have a greater effect on precision powersets. There's a thread on it in the testing section.
    • Like x 1
  17. OldmanJoe New Player

Yeah sure, but you fail to understand some very important facts!

Celestial cast: takes several timed button strokes and can be interrupted at any point during.
    (if you are hit, miss a button or your timing is off/ even server lag) <---Failed cast!
    add to this the fact that even after a successful cast one step in any direction and the NPC is out of the glyphs AoE.
    and another older nerf there used to be 8 glyphs now there is only 4.

Quantum cast: one keystroke (set it and forget it) and you can continue to attack/cast adding more damage in the same amount of time.
    when it pops the AoE (area of effect) of damage is huge.

Mental cast: one keystroke (cast it) continue to attack/cast, adding more damage during its cool down.
    It doesn't rely on the NPCs being within an AoE.

So as I have explained Celestial requires MORE time invested into casting the power, and there is also way MORE chance of failure/risk, and I do believe that it was once said that the amount of damage a power does would be equally proportionate to the amount of time and risk involved in casting it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Yes and no with Quantum. I've been DPSing on my Quantum alt recently to try and get him up to T7. Been running more solo and duo content. If you just get TB up, but are interrupted while trying to get other casts in before the explosion, the damage is pitiful. This is really evident in Spark of Parallax. I end up running out of power and leaning on weapon attacks quite a bit. In content with a tank reducing interrupts, it's beastly, though.
  19. generalzod Committed Player

mepps just said all precision based damage will be fixed with weapon over 500 ! weapons was glitch
    Great find, Shiny. We have fixed this internally (removed the cap), and expect it to go live with our next hotfix.
    • Like x 1
  20. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Shouldn't celestial have something "special" given it is the most challenging power in DCUO?