DEVS: Weapn Mastery ELECTRIC, Nature DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by hotsizz1e03, Feb 14, 2016.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I am a long term DCUO player since 2011. took a year off came back mid 2012 been legendary ever since. So ive seen it all and contributed to this game a whole lot. (DEVS can PM me for my account to verify everything im saying to be true) now thats out the way.

PLEASE REMOVE THE WM RANGE UPDATE!!!

Am i the only one who doesn't see the need to add an update to Mid range to WM before fixing electricty or nature?? Let AM's be different from WM., there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to copy and paste everything in this game across the board. This game suffers from incentives and variety. You can balance the game without losing variety. Its already bad enough that AMs are copy and paste across the board and have pre-made loadouts for us Things can be different, and balanced while having variety in the game at the same time. WM gives players who want to stay in safe range and do their complimentary damage along side their powers. Who remember RAGE range WM DPS before AM?? I miss that variety loadout. But as usual its no comparison to the AM.

Side note: I am electric. ELEC/Nature being the worst dps powers in the game, i think i can speak for all ELECTRIC/Nature DPS that adding mid range WM is not the solution to make the "POWER" balanced. Just fix the powers!!! Nature, & elec. have Longer rotations. Those powers should ALWAYS be more powerful "OVER TIME" than the quick set ups.

I personally feel these powers should be fixed BEFORE the WM update bcuz ELEC/Nature has been trash for over 2 years! Scratch WM update. WE dont need the RANge aspect of it, just give a range AM but leave the Safe damage to WM. If u want to adjust the damages later on WM to keep it in line with AMs then thats fine as well. But to say that WM is more IMPORTANT than fixing ELEC/Nature is absurd.. At this rate Elec/nature will be fixed around fall or end of summer.. So should i just stop paying membership until then? At this stage its unplayable and unenjoyable to use ELEC DPS.

Please DEVS i beg you. DO NOT ADD RANGE WM to the game.. GIVE THE POWERS/Weapons SOME VARIETY! Just fix the powers!
    • Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Nope..

Regular weapons do far more damage now, can be clippable.

I'm sorry but I don't see them buffing WM at all.
    Especially with All of the powersets Excluding it.
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'd like to see it looked at because hey, 'weapons are fun' and 'i'd like to be able to use a weapon again with my mental character', that aside?

They pretty much HAVE to run Midrange for all Weapon combos outside of WM anyways, because electricity, nature, sorcery, and earth all depend on weapons for 40-70% of their damage output. If it's possible to render WM viable again at the same time, well, that's the time to do the work involved since all the weapons in the game are getting their balance pass before those midrange balance passes occur.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd Like to see it looked at too, but that isn't gonna change my doubts about them not doing it.
    I
    If they ever do mid-ranged with WM, then they gotta do 3 things:

1) Up the damage for the wm combos.
    2) Power Regen.
    3) Up the critical damage per wm boost.

If they do this, I might remake my ice toon because Ice was actually fun to play post WM, Post AM=Ice toon deleted.

Also: On a Sidenote, I still don't see players using it. WM won't be balanced enough, because it requires SP just to even get the combos.

So If they were on Par: AMs would win because AMS don't require any SP that could be used to spec into might and precision.

WM requires sp that could use up might and prec stats.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

WM speccing usually requires that you buy all the might and precision anyways, and to get the top-end might prec bonuses, you're ALREADY buying WM combos. the main difference between my DPS in WM and in AM is that I had more precision as a WM character, now I have more might.
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

That sounds like a good idea too. Personally Id rather them just buff these weak powers with a slight WM buff.. I rather the powers be more powerful than the weapon.. But point is.. the powers should be fixed before WM update