DEVS: Step 4 Powers and Balance Solution

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

THOUGHTS:
    Here is my Input, ive been playing DCUO on and off for about almost 2-3 years.. Best way to balance these powers out.. is REMOVING group BUFFS.. its absolutely unfair
    that im an electric user and i give buffs to quantum, mental, gadgets,fire munitions, ice, etc...(which are all OP at the moment) but those powers BUFF THEMSELVES ONLY!?!?!.. so that automatically puts me at a DPS disadvantage.. Alot of these powers benefit from other group buffs while SOLELY buffing themselves, which puts them high on the charts..

ACCORDING TO GU 52: (MEPPS)
    We expect to proceed in this fashion, though details ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE:
    • First, address Celestial, followed by Gadgets
      • These powers have not been touched by Phase 1 or 2 balancing yet
    • Second, address ability and combo-based powers one at a time (Fire, Light, Mental, Rage, Munitions, Ice, Quantum)
    • Third, address all weapons to account for midrange
      • This must be completed to properly balance the remaining powers that utilize weapons to supplement their damage potential
    • Fourth, significantly increase damage capability for all powers when in non-Damage roles
      • This goes hand in hand with weapon changes, and Damage can't get all the love forever
    • Fifth, address compound powers one at a time (Earth, Electricity, Nature, and Sorcery)
    The order of powers groups like-power together and orders them roughly by how complex we expect these changes to be, starting with yet untouched powers. However, again, this order is subject to change.

Its funny that the last powers to be worked on all have those group buffs (with exception to Rage, H-Light ,celest) Sorcery, Nature, Earth, Electric

Solution:
    Each power is unique.. Let these powers buff themselves ONLY! Let Electric and ALL POWERS have its OWN unique SOLO buff. If you want to have group buffs let it be for support roles, to buff the group. in other words, the Group buff would only be active in your support role.... It's definitely another option and strategy to bring an extra/2nd healer or troll or tank into this plagued 5-1-1-1 format... Now a secondary troll can now debuff, power dump, group buff, Supercharge. Same applies for Healers and tanks..

DISCUSS
    Thank you For your time and consideration..
    • Like x 3
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Troller Group Buff does the following: Buff Vit by 5% for all players (making Pot and power dumps more powerful) and provides an increase in critical chance.
    Healer Group Buff: Buff Resto by 5% for all player and buff critical damage by 5%
    Tank Group Buff - this is there breakout ability: Buff defense for players by 5% and increase Might and Precision by 10%

Here is the thing, you will want a group of 2 healers and 2 trolls to keep the critical buff up. You will basically want one tank for the buff in might and precision.

I would be ok if all powers have a true buff they can use without stopping the AM. HL for instance cannot stop its AM to buff itself like other powers, it is hindered in that way. If the player is able to get into the AM within 3 seconds of stopping HL could than stop its construct do inspiration and get back into its combo or give the infinite combo the inspiration buff or something.

I'm all for this type of change.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Just an idea...the Controller Role has been suffering in between the realm of importance and unimportance for a while now. Many players have already expressed interest in this idea. Give the Controllers the sole job of providing GROUP DAMAGE BUFFS. No other role should provide group damage buffs except the Controllers. SELF DAMAGE BUFFS should only be for DPS ROLE.

Since we have so FEW slots on our loadouts, giving CONTROLLERS GROUP DAMAGE BUFFS sounds difficult.
    I suggest giving DEBUFFS two abilities.

Defense Debuff can double as a GROUP MIGHT BUFF
    Attack Debuff can double as a GROUP PRECISION BUFF

The Buff lasts as long as the applied Debuff is active.

Something along those lines. Just tossing ideas in the air. This could be interesting and would give the group more reason for TWO CONTROLLERS. One does MIGHT BUFF and one does PRECISION BUFF.

EDIT: These effects should ONLY work in CONTROLLER ROLE!! Again...give all powers a self buff in DPS role, but leave ALL GROUP BUFFS to the CONTROLLER ROLE!!
    • Like x 1
  4. TemporalHawk Well-Known Player

so your complaing that its unfair that you can help the group comlpete the conent faster and smother and want that removed? realy?
    as a quantum player id love to have my buff help the rest of the dps the more help you give the other dps the more total damge donr the quicker and smoother the alert or whatever is done.

this complaint point out the problem with your average dps they don't think about the group the only thing that matter is there own dps numbers, cantr buff other dps they might get more dps then me cant pick someone up will mess up my rotaion and some one will do more damage than me cant do objectives the other dps will pull ahead in numbers after all its not completing the instance that matter right its your dps score at the end win or lose that matters

and that my friends is the problem with your typical dps
    • Like x 5
  5. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

I really like that idea!
    Something like this could really bring group formation back to what it originally WAS supposed to be back in the DCUO glory days...2-2-2-2.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

While I agree, this in no way has anything to do with the balance issues. Raw stats simply don't make enough of a difference anymore.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

I like that too.

How about this...
    TWO TANKS = Critical Damage Increase
    TWO HEALERS = Critical Chance Increase

EDIT: WAIT! I think it should be this way...
    TWO HEALERS = Critical DAMAGE Increase
    TWO TANKS = Critical CHANCE Increase
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

This is a scoreboard problem. Not a player problem.

Just like handing out guns to a bunch of kids. Who's really at fault when one gets shot? The gun itself, or the one who handed them out?

The question is debatable of course, but there's really only one right answer.
  9. KN1TE Dedicated Player

The buff would have to be together for prec. & might. It's bad enough if controller goes down some 1 is yelling I have no power, no pot! I can only imagine if one buff is up and not the other players would b whining & yelling & kicking players for not making them number one in damage. The buff should be in the recharge power dump.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

So why would Support Roles have an ability in their loadout to help increase damage?

From what ive seen, every power has an ability that increases their might/precision/crit. A couple of exceptions where some Powers have abilities that increases the group's damage but its not completely crazy where we need to get rid of it. Every Power is in charge of their own Buffs.

I get you're wanting to promote the 2-2-2-2 style and thats awesome but you can still have just one Controller doing all the PoT and Debuffs/Buffing and the Community will use it more than the 2-2-2-2 fashion.

Even trying to make it where you have 2 of each role so Tanks have more Health, Healers have stronger Crits, the Community will ignore it. As we've seen in the past, forcing the Community to do something it doesnt want to do even though its designed that way doesnt go over well :/
  11. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Nah, I don't agree with that.
    The whole idea is to make 2-2-2-2 formation more intriguing.
    If one Controller Debuff could provide a buff in Pre&Mit, then that would sway players to keep only one Controller.
    The fact that both Controllers need to stay up adds a bit of challenge to the game. Something DCUO has been lacking for a while.
    Whining players will just whine no matter what's happening. LOL!
    Anyway, from a Controller point of view, the whining "I wanna be #1" DPS is usually the one that keeps an empty power bar out of spite. LOL! XD
    ...and if a whining DPS is the one that decides who stays and who gets kicked...is a sign that we are headed into dark days indeed. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Avian Dedicated Player

Why not just post this in the actual thread?
  13. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Nah, it's not forcing. It's along the lines of making 2-2-2-2 more of an option that players can choose if they wanted to go with the formation. You can go with 5-1-1-1 or you can go 2-2-2-2 and you get bonuses which would sort of make up for the loss of Damage Roles. This in some cases would probably make 2-2-2-2 a better formation than others.
    Just like how in alerts, the group gets certain buffs for choosing certain formations.
  14. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

My post is already in the other thread. I just posted it here as well because someone suggested I should.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Buffing group damage. Doesnt that sound like a dps job. While a controller controls enemies damage by debuffing it. I think buffs should stay the way they are. Instead we should give controllers AOE debuffs after casting 2 debuffs in a row.
  16. Veritasum Loyal Player

I want to point out that GU52 has little to do with the power balancing thing, The info comes from a WIP thread.
    Anywho. This was a topic brought up a while ago and I thought similarly that perhaps there should be group damage buffs attributed to support roles or other buffs not yet used. An example would be league hall profficiency type buffs attributed to certain group makeups or support role powers. We have omegas for a quick fix, but I'd be up for adding that to my troller duties to keep a buff up.

This is an example of the topic being discussed before.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...s-on-the-controller-role.209124/#post-2621402
  17. Gwalir Loyal Player

I would hate if they'd remove group buffs. To me, that's something special only certain powersets have, like group shields, and removing them would take away from that.

Also, it seems to me that buffing your whole group rather than just yourself means you'd have an easier time beating everything, and would only negatively effect your own score on the Scoreboard.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

well to be accurate electic does not buff fire nor munition since they share same buff.
    same buffs do not stack.

PS: i agree DDs should not buff groups, support roles should.
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Bro you are absolutely going left with this argument.. This is about POWER BALANCING.. we are not talking about completing content.. To balance powers all across the boards, you have to use NUMBERS AND STATS.. I want to make sure my power is getting its fair share of the TEAMWORK, so when people DO LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD, they wont ever say they carried me bcuz my power isnt the FOTM or getting alot of advantages from GROUP BUFFS. Teamwork finishes all content.. Thats not what this thread is about.. This is far from a complaint, just an opinion expressed from a power dumped in the sewers since day 1. I speak for all of these powers that have been at the bottom for years not just my own toon.. I dont need Electric to be buffed or anything, all im suggesting is to get rid of group buffs in dps roles and give them to SUPPORT ROLES.. Still completing content faster either way you take it. Cut it out wit the negativity and going left with twisting my arguments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.