Devs please stop making add on content and make new engaging real content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kraptastic, Oct 21, 2017.

1. kraptastic Well-Known Player

We do not need more things to do in old content or in current contact. Most of your playerbase doesn't play elite or care about it. I get it. Making an elite raid makes it look like there is more to do...but you should make an easy and hard raid like the original devs. So on that point:
    Why do we need artifacts and more things to gather to make us stronger for end tier raids easily beaten by toons way below cr and thereby stats?
    This dlc is horribly boring. I know it was supposed to be an event....BUT IT ISNT IS IT. That excuse for rehashed content is just that....an excuse. The only new area is the zoo area itself and man-bat. But you reuse that for two boss fights AND THEBALERT. Talia is from HOD. The other bosses all from older content. The duos is old solos backwards...as well as the alert and the batcave from PvP.
    This is a superhero game. After 6 years I'm here ( along with a few friends that didn't leave already) to see comics and my villian/hero come to life. The storytelling has become questionable at best. The doc's no longer feel special or story driven.
    PvP is dead.
    Legends is dead. I've never met in game a single person who enjoys lpve. Only these rare special unicorns on this forum.
    Pve is all you have and you've rehashed it to death.
    You can't be lacking story ideas (look at this forum many members here thrive on them and take a ton of effort to pass them to you.
    So is it an inability to develop? We switched to 3 month from one because the content was bad and now on the second 3 month dlc....it isn't looking to make a difference.
    Im still subbed with my cheap 30 bucks for 3 months plan and honestly if the next dlc isn't all new...I'm out. You aren't even worth that cheap throwaway 30 bucks anymore.
    I'm truly sad as I really believe you cannot make new content.

Krap
    • Like x 9
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sadly you'll get the same people derailing / defending / asking for your stuff and in all reality its sad that ppl settle for sub par quality.
    • Like x 4
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i hate agreeing with you krap. wasn't what i wanted to see to make me resub.

right now artifacts are a new shiny to dcuo but they're old cash sinks in other games. don't be surprised when new artifacts and components needed to improve them are locked away in time capsules and behind a paywall in the marketplace.

i feel like this guy.

[IMG]

they should just put the legends pve feats up for sale already and call them "legends boosters".
    • Like x 5
  4. Tarif Committed Player

Have to agree. Ive been trying to voice my opinion on this topic and the state of the game for me, but im just being hit with one ban after the next, and end up seeing my posts deleted and getting warnings in my inbox. Dont even see terms I was said to have violated anymore. Im just confused, I guess. And about done.

Content is rehashed, over and over. To me, that reason, and the revamp making my stats that I earned as a player, and paid for as a customer in support of the game for 5+ years mean very little now, is whats driving me to be inactive more and more.

Now, instead of more engauging content, to keep me as a comic book fan, or any imbalances to our game being addressed properly, I see rehashed content more and more, and P2W tactic after tactic, the latest one now trying to sell my stats back to me that were nerfed on me in the first place with the revamp, that I already paid for, and earned while playing.

The new episode coming, is whats keeping me around. I think thats whats make or break for me.

Sad thing is, Im a comic book fan, and the game literally has lost almost all its magic for me, and has left me feeling like Im not even playing a super-hero game anymore, and that any work I ever put it matters very little now. Chances are i will purchase the new episode separately, and wont be renewing my sub, unless I see some serious effort on the devs part, that feedback is being listened to, and the designers impress me with this new episode.
    • Like x 8
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd say they should continue doing what they are doing and try to make end-game content engaging as well.

I'm sorry, but if many people consider some of the old content to be some of the games best work; why would the developers not want to give you a reason to re run it?

Higher UP's complained about having no reason to do old content, and they also complained about it taking too long so that they wouldn't run it. The Artifacts and the new marks system will fix that issue and here you are asking them to stop implementing greater features for the game.

As the Expression Goes: "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"
    • Like x 2
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you seem to be mixing up whos doing the feeding and whos doing the biting.
    • Like x 3
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Not in this scenario.

You wanted a reason to run older content, boom you have it.

You guys wanted relevancy to be gone? Boom, it's on it's way; with the new mark system; the only thing that'll still be locked behind relevancy is marks of victory.

Again, in this scenario; you guys are complaining because the development team actually gave you a solution to what yall were complaining about these past few months.
    • Like x 2
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

so much wrong.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How so?
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Nah my opinion is just as vaild as yours.

The fact that your saying"So much wrong" tells me you're not here for a discussion, your here for the typical"I'm right and your wrong" argument.

Welcome to my ignore list.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

who asked for this? i certainly didn't. ole jacob likes assuming things as fact. artifacts are not a new thing. they've been around in other games for years and all have evolved into enormous cash and time sinks. boring time sinks at that.

its one thing to go revisit some old content when you have your grind out of the way or to go finish off some styles and feats but making running old raids mandatory for top tier progression is going to make lpve feel like a casual grind. especially given the state old content is currently in.

this is a magicians misdirection. right now everyone is looking at the lovely assistant...

and tarif has is nailed to a "t". this feels less and less like a super hero mmo and just some generic sword and sorcery knock off.

i actually love this game. i wish it was more successful so we had the kind of population that would merit keeping old content in focus but all they're doing is just giving us the same ole.
    • Like x 5
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

thank god.
    • Like x 2
  13. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I do agree myself with what the OP said. I like the idea of the "bonuses" or whatever within the artifacts, but it will become the next big thing being complained about on here. All it took was one reading of the post about it and I realized that it is just like anything else. If you pay money you can get ahead quickly. I mean from what I read there was a big part of it being tied to The Vault. They sell Vault tickets. I anything this just gives more motivation to buy an old product that probably was not selling that well. Essentially it just becomes "Run every single thing in the game" as our new "dailies" that we have to complete in order to progress. This is clearly a "solution" to the population taking a hit and a lack of players queuing lower tier content. Sadly it seems that like a lot of things even that issue gets overlooked and improperly resolved. I've seen several suggestions about fixing the clearly flawed "tutorial" and "mentor" systems in the game in an effort to help new players not be so overwhelmed with the 1000 things they have to learn. The resolution?

"Lets make it 1001 things they need to figure out! A bunch of high CR players will now run old garbage to get easy "Metal/Catalysts" and in the process we can probably sell a ton of Vault tickets especially if we exclusively tie the main thing needed to progression to it and our TC event"

Or something down the lines of that. I agree though entirely. That was the one and only bright side to the revamp and water releases. Now with all of that old stuff out of the way maybe they could deliver new content. Thus far we got Riddled With Crime. For all of the flaws there were a few things I did like about it. I liked the fact that we can actually buy base items with these Marked Bills. That way there is at least something to do with them after the content has been conquered. I still run Age Of Justice stuff since it is one of two things I can run that give me Marks Of Victory. However, I was fully geared up (Only running DPS at that time) fairly quickly into that update. Even gearing a second role I am currently sitting on over 700 Warbonds and I have not a single thing to spend them on. I guess I could buy and salvage gear to get progress towards the salvaging feat? So that was a nice feature. I also liked the concept of the manbat henchmen trinket being exclusive to that Elite raid so there was more incentive to run it. That is until they kept buffing the raid and made it almost impossible to do without exploits. I am all for a challenge or some mechanics. However I seriously challenge the developers to go and run that raid. I've ran it with a team that were all high caliber and even then there was no surviving it for more then 10 seconds. That is not a challenge it is just stupidity.

I also have high hopes for the next DLC but lets face the facts. It is not looking good.

I know the feeling. I will never understand how some people on here still have an account. I literally try to avoid voicing any complaints so that I don't get that message "ToS Violation". I complained about something that is absolutely insane and ridiculous (Also, after not getting a single bit of support out of the "support" team) and that is exactly what I got. It had been awhile since I had received a warning like that so I guess maybe it reminded my why I always lurk around with that "Don't complain or you will be banned". Yet I watch so so so many people derailing, disrespecting, and complaining all the time. Baffles me. Typically in my experience the people in charge do not apply the rules to one poster and not the other, but again I am starting to see just how backwards things really are here.

I know someone who got banned. It was because he replied to a guy who was disrespecting ton of different topics about the same thing. I actually looked into it and he had made the same disrespectful post in almost 20 different threads. I looked into it further and within his last 50 posts the only non-hateful thing he had said in a topic was him complementing himself talking about how good he was. The guy who got banned did not reply with anything that was not pure truth. Nothing profane. No name calling. Yet he got banned for life. The other guy is still posting negative replies on here today. :rolleyes: I have seen several others who rarely contribute anything positive, and yet they are still around right now. Something just doesn't seem right about the whole thing.
    • Like x 5
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Artifacts aren't top tier progression though. They're an additional bonus players can start working on as early as level 20. I don't see anything wrong unless they plan on releasing catalyst or nth metal in the MP.
    • Like x 1
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Damn, I opened around 300 Tymora Boxes and didn't get a single Artifact. I'veen wondering where to get more too.

i copied that off of the neverwinter message board. the post is a year old.
  16. majosea Dedicated Player

so when did dcuo become never winter ?
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

when we got our first time capsule.
    • Like x 2
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sounds like you belive your own assumptions. stay focused please.

i'm butt sore over a failed stats revamp, broken powers, lackluster and rehashed content and constant cash grabs.
    • Like x 2
  19. SilkyPawz Bunny

This won't make me run old content anymore it's still all broken. The stream to me was very vague, as I am sure they did not want to upset people with there being feats attached to Artifacts and how much it will eventually cost people.:rolleyes:

I think putting effort into the game and fixing things that needed to be fixed instead of giving people " Oh Shiny" Artifacts should have been more of a priority, that's just me when so many people are leaving. LFG is so dead some days.

There are other ways to entice people to sign up for membership/sub by updating membership rewards. Adding more items to the marketplace, making the Quarks vendor realistically priced. I have bought more then my fair share of TC's because I liked the game so much.

Engaging Content, Fix Powers still Broken from Revamp, DLC missing half it's base items with over 40 bugs as posted by others in a different thread, 40 bugs in a DLC how is that acceptable and no response from devs. OP item drop rates at an all time low with the current DLC.

Controllers got the shaft in the revamp, at this point why not just completely get rid of that role all together. My Main is a Quantum Troll/DPS , I hate Trolling now :(

How is this all acceptable by the community ? , would you all pay for a broken item and say ehhh it's just money and not want to return it for a working item?

I like many others really do like the game I'm going on 5 years, I have started playing less and less everyday. I use to love telling friends how DCUO stood out from other games, sadly that isn't the case anymore it has slowly become like other MMO's.
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Fun fact: I don't play Neverwinter.