Devs, let's talk about Phase Dodge...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Giggles, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I'm done, you're unwilling to have a conversation instead just repeat the same GARBAGE over and over. Quit pushing for a nerf, it doesn't matter if you use the word or not, that's what you're doing.
    • Like x 7
  2. SunBlazer New Player

This thread needs to be closed. First off, it is because of people like you that they made Dash Attack a super charge which was a power that I enjoyed greatly, it made me feel like an actual speedster. Now you want them to make PD a super charge and or combine it with dash attack? Phase Dodge is not even all that great, it can be useful but you can EASILY do without it. It does not deal damage, and all it does is put you in a blocking like state, it is not a shield nor does it negate damage completely. Stop whining about powers that you know nothing about, and if you think it is that much of a big deal then just switch to superspeed. LEAVE THIS POWER ALONE!
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

There is a lot of misinformation here. PD is not a shield. It gives the same benefits as blocking: 5000 defense/toughness and 1000% control resistance. Blocking is not considered a shield. You can't pick someone up with block.

Dash attack, swoop attack and backflip are all escape abilities and are equivalent. The proper way to use dash attack and swoop attack is (1) turn on movement mode, (2) activate power, and (3) turn on fast movement mode (default numlock on PC). This lets you go directly into supersonic even if you're in combat. Backflip lets you go directly into a zipline even if you're in combat. Superspeed actually has the worst escape ability because dash attack is now a supercharge while swoop attack and backflip are spammable.

Speed drain is no longer used by trollers since shield supercharges and battle drone are superior. PD is the only truly unique ability that super speed has anymore and it's benefits as a clip are easily replicated using karmic hexes. Amazonian deflection could be made into a beneficial power if people wished, then super speed really wouldn't offer anything unique anymore.
    • Like x 5
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You mean the consumables that have a 6s reuse and a longer animation than PD? Yes it can be useful, but it's not on the same level as PD.

As for Dash attack, it went from by far the best being as it let you aim at nothing and go quite some distance quickly. Where as say swoop attack, it could cover the same distance if it had a target aimed at, but if there was no target it was a pretty small burst.

That's what they needed to change about dash, the distance traveled when it had no target. that's it, didn't need to be a 25% SC...
    • Like x 1
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

Eh, the animation on karmic is pretty damn near instantaneous to me but maybe I'm just slow. You could give PD a 6s cooldown too and I wouldn't care.. not too smart to be using it every second anyways.

I will agree that dash attack was the best because it made you run through your target. For instance, if you did a weapon combo, clipped it with dash attack, but got blocked it would still take you a long distance away so your opponent would have to lunge to follow up. It was very similar to quantum tunneling in that respect. They just needed to turn it into swoop attack to balance it but it was over-nerfed (seems to happen a lot).
    • Like x 2
  6. Zim New Player

One answer.... NO. If you want to run a phase dodge rotation in your load out then you are going to suck up the power, that is the trade off. I see plenty of DPS's run without phase dodge and do just fine.

Making phase dodge a SC would essentially ruin the power, NO ONE would use is, and then we would have another useless power to choose from in the movement mode trees. And thats what you want?

Not every power and movement mode need to mimic each other.
    • Like x 2
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

"hey devs can we get this fixed?"
    "you want it destroyed, sure!"
    "no no, just fixed, shouldn't be a major change, just a small tweak"
    "ok, we crushed it into 1000 pieces? that good?"
    "ugh":rolleyes:

and for PD, /shrug I could use it every 2-3s on mental np. but if it were 6s I'd just alternate it with consumables, but still I think karmic is a bit slower (talking maybe .1-.2s... but that's almost double PD hehe).
    • Like x 3
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Honestly, there are far too many useless powers in all the movement modes.
    • Like x 3
  9. KeyuBaN New Player

Giggles just can't wrap his head around the fact that PD doesn't even need to be nerfed. If you look at it like JEEBIE said earlier, use the power how you think people are gonna use it and they'll be out of power within seconds. The less power your opponent has, the easier it is for you to take them down (and we're talking from a PvP point of view right now). And no, In PvP there is definitely not always at full power, especially if you're clipping PD with every other power. It will be hard for the troll(s) to keep up because you also have to remember that trolls don't just worry about power out, but also debuffs, and cc to get targets off the healer/DPS etc etc.

Now if we go into PvE, whooooo cares if one of your group mates uses PD to clip? I thought you said that you could keep up without PD anyways, so why should it matter to you in the first place? As long as the raid gets done, who cares if somebody uses PD to simply clip their moves? Obviously you and the few select are the only people that seem to find this to be a problem.

PD isn't hurting anybody, and it's not like everybody and their mother uses PD anyways, because their are other powers in peoples power-sets that just make more sense to use.
    • Like x 1
  10. KeyuBaN New Player

You also don't realize guys that if PD does get nerfed, people are going to just move the next thing: "_____" on the list, and then you guys will think that's overpowered as well, and then you'll proceed to enter the forums and create a new thread complaining to nerf "_____" too.

It's just never ending.

Suggestions for improvements threads are much more welcome then all these nerf thread that keep appearing. Most nerf threads pertain to easily become pages of biased crud anyways, and it always leads to nothing. Like this one. Going on 13 pages soon and we still havn't agreed on what needs to happen with PD.

Everybody, even giggles, is making valid points, I do think that PD could use a couple of more seconds (does not need to be changed to a SC though). But the better solution would be to find other alternatives like JEEBIE and others have been mentioning in earlier posts. We need to be looking at what else can be done, because obviously nobody is agreeing on a cooldown or SC nerf, and then SS would officially be a complete crud movement mode.
    • Like x 2
  11. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I can't believe you guys spent 12 pages arguing with Giggles. Took me 6 pages to realize he doesn't read or understand your posts and just repeats the same thing over and over again with no actual common sense behind his views.
    • Like x 3
  12. LordAnilation New Player

Only people complaining about phase dodge are people getting out damaged by the ones using it lol wowwwww now yal wanna nerf a super speed move that has nothing to do with anything lol you people lol phase dodge doesn't need to be fixed you need to fix your game and stop complaining, your probably the same person who cries for nerfs when new powers come out just because your getting out damaged, look find something better for the devs to fix not phase dodge every movement has its own abilities stop complaining
    • Like x 1
  13. KeyuBaN New Player

You make it seem like 6 pages is any less pathetic lol. even though it is 6 pages less, but it's still a lot lol.
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

Wrong, I said that Phase Dodge should work in the exact same manner as Amazonian Deflection. You can't clip into powers with Amazonian Deflection. Also, no I was not confusing Dash Attack with Phase Dodge. Again, the mitigation Phase Dodge provides is equal to the mitigation that Dust Off and Perfect Poise give us. The main difference is that Dust Off and Perfect Poise are escape powers, so it seems as though Super Speed is missing the same thing. To remedy this issue, they could combine Dash Attack and Phase Dodge into one 50% SC, and then all 3 movement modes are equal in terms of escape powers.

If they don't want to go that way with it, then Phase Dodge should be turned into Amazonian Deflection. No one movement mode should have a power that is better than Amazonian Deflection AND doubles as a clip aide for the cost of a measly skill point. What I am saying is Phase Dodge is too strong of a skill in its current form. It needs to be toned down some. The reason again is, not everyone has access to Phase Dodge. It is only available to Super Speed. Everyone should not have to be Super Speed just because of one unbalanced skill in its tree.

I will also repeat myself again, in that we have over 170+ skill points attainable, and we all only have 15 power points. There is no reason at all, for a power like phase dodge to be that strong for the cost of only a skill point. Amazonian Deflection is balanced, Phase Dodge is not. They need to either give Phase Dodge a longer cool down, turn it into its own SC, or combine it into a 50% SC with Dash attack. Either way, no matter how we compare it with anything else, Phase Dodge is the strongest power in its class, and it needs to be adjusted accordingly. Period. :)
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

Whether it became an Iconic Power or not, the power itself is just too strong in its current form, it needs to be looked into and rebalanced accordingly. I don't believe the devs ever intended for Phase Dodge to be used in the manner it is currently being exploited.
  16. Giggles Loyal Player

Actually, with the rig team, and if everyone is sporting next sodas, the Controllers are using Energy Expert Sodas, yeah power is pretty easy to come by in PvP. Power is a non issue. So this Phase Dodge skill can be used many times to save one self from death. It is basically block with no way to counter. It gives plenty of time for one or both of the Healers to heal someone without the risk of them getting countered, and as I have stated previously! it can also be used to front load damage. It is simply too strong of skill right now.

Don't try and compare heals with cooldowns, to a skill like Phase Dodge with no cool down that mitigates damage and cannot be countered as well. If you want to get technical, a Healers heal can debuffed. Phase Dodges mitigation cannot be debuffed. Those heals cannot be used to clip in the same manner that Phase Dodge can be used to clip and front load damage. You are trying to compare apples and oranges, and you are wrong.

Phase Dodge simply put is just too good. They need to do something to balance out this skill. It should not be better than Amazonian Deflection. Another thing they could do to balance it out, is reduce its mitigation by half and give it a 6 second cool down. That would bring it in line with Amazonian Deflection and make it a tad less powerful due to the fact it is purchased with a power point and not a skill point.
  17. Frankzilla Committed Player

Yo giggles is the exploit hunter you got a new one everyday lol. Your name is giggles but how serious you are about exploits I doubt you ever laugh in real life. PD is a epidemic thou ppl love it so much they even use it when it isn't necessary lol.
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

Wrong, the people complaining about Phase Dodge can blatantly see there is something imbalanced about this particular skill, and we are simply pointing out to the devs how this power is currently being abused, and proposals on how to fix it. Nothing more. :)
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

Right, but Dash gives you no way to mitigate damage. It seems to me like you have 2 skills, Phase Dodge and Dash Attack, that should be merged into one 50% SC to be even with Dust Off and Perfect Poise. Even if they don't go that route, as I have stated, Phase Dodge is simply too strong of an ability. It needs some kind of cooldown, and it also needs it mitigation reduced a bit since it is purchased with a skill point. Skill point abilities should never be better than abilities purchased with power points, simply due to the fact that we only have 15 power points, and over 170 skill points.
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

You see that whole logic of "don't balance the broken abilities, make the other abilities as broken as the broken ones!", simply does not work for businesses. Let me explain. In business time is money. It takes more time to fix 2 movement modes than it does to fix the 1 unbalanced movement mode. If other abilities are broken go make a thread about it, this thread however is about Phase Dodge, and no one here is complaining about clipping. What we are complaining about is that phase dodge is doubling as a clip aide and a form of damage mitigation that is better than anything any other movement mode has access to. It gives speedsters a clear advantage in every aspect of combat. That is unbalanced.

My proposal to fix this, is to make Phase Dodge a watered down version of Amazonian Deflection. They could give phase Dodge half the mitigation of Amazonian Deflection, and either give Phase Dodge the same 6 second cool down, or slight increase it to 8 seconds. Phase Dodge is a skill purchased with skill points, therefore it should never be as strong as an ability purchased with a power point. They could also make it a 25% SC, or merge Dash Attack and Phase Dodge into one 50% SC so Dash Attack would mirror Dust Off and Perfect Poise as great escape abilities. :)