Devs: Lantern Colors

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Noble One Committed Player

thats what i meant my apologies. but yea licensing was always the big problem for this game. it why we dont have a great deal of things that are seen in the DC comics.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No need for an apology. If anything I could very well be issuing one because the whole "licensing/copyright" bit became something of a pet peeve when those debates were going back and forth, so it's become something of a knee-jerk reaction for me. So if I came across as a little snippy in my reply, I'm sorry and it wasn't intended if it seemed that way.
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

I honestly think that aside of licensing and stuff this topic about more lantern colors in the game could make the devs a few bucks or so.
    Many animations of differently colored constructs are in game already (see WotL mist-empowered enemies for that) and those powers who don't use constructs can have animated colored "blasts or whatever". We have plenty of those in the game, too.

There might be some lore-breaking issues here (Orange Lantern e.g.) but all in all tinting some already existing powers and then selling the "color-respec" on the MP might be something they could do. Sell them seperately that is. So ppl need to spec to Red/Yellow/green first and then change the power.
    We wouldn't even need to rename the powers, imo. As it stands, people are asking for different lantern colors of their powers and not for different names :p
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately it may not be the devs' call, especially if it relates to the Lantern powers and DC's rules. DC would be the ones we have to convince, not the devs. So until or unless DC assigns someone the job of having to come in here and deal with our, ummm...peculiarities and requests, there may not be a whole lot of progress on that front.