Devs: Is DCUO finally becoming a F2P game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Dec 18, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yup now going back and reading I realize that I mentioned legion when the topic at hand was open episodes. RIP
    • Like x 1
  2. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    You don't know and you work for the company? You're joking right? Or are you asking so you can make sure it gets removed so the f2p get everything the paying customers get?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Apparently all the rewards from the open episodes (excluding Legion) are available to non sub players, which I was unaware of. Hence Mepps response to my comment.
    • Like x 1
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I have a premium account who has the OP Face at the max rank that it can go before having to use catalysts. I also have full 283 gear with all the 39.3 generator mods installed. I believe the problem is with the way the augments are set up. When I do the daily bounties on my premium account, the default 2 item choices are right where it needs to be. However the other 2 choices offer member or at current CR item level gear pieces, and thats how I got max 283 gear. Crystal Shards are also dropping as thats how I got my op face ranked up to where its at.

And also, as you probably do already know, all rewards (including) Legion are open to all level types of membership. F2P, Premium, and Legendary all have access to the rewards vendors for every DLC that has rewards.
  5. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Do you mean open episodes across the board, or the entirety of the game and all the player perks that Daybreak make money on?
  6. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

But you can get crystal shards as free and premium though. I get them all the time on my free and premium account. I also get 283 gear as drops when running the dailies.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

F2P and Premium (unless they own Legion) do not have access to all Legion rewards. Legion is not included with the open episodes.
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

When you say rewards, I specifically am referring to the rewards that are added to the vendors. Im not saying that every single reward is available to all member types. But it still does hold true. They can get the same benefits, like they can get max purple gear rating, they can get the op helm to a pretty decent high level of stats without any sort of breakthrough needed, and they can get crystal shards. Not really sure of anything else they can get but thats what free and premium can get at this point. And this is a first so its probably a bug. Im not sure
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You said 'all rewards' in your previous statement, that wasn't true. You don't have access to the best gear to maximize your combat rating. You don't have access to regular or elite content, unless you purchased the episode.
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Yeah but I also stated that I was only speaking about the vendor rewards which is what I thought you were implying originally. I believe it would be common knowledge to know that you cant purchase the elite/regular gear without the episode or having legendary. But I also thought you were implying about the rewards like the op face, the crystal shards, the green, blue, and purple gear that drop at level gear for those that are not legendary as well.
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I didnt say anything as premium, I said F2P.
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Premium or F2P, you still get crystal shards and the latter.
  13. Brit Loyal Player

As a subscriber, I thought it was a bit of poor form to remove them.

They used to be a free little bonus, and they included either an extra mark, an extra catalyst, a tradable base item, or a tradeable enhanced style piece for the episode's purple set.

Now those extra marks, catalysts, and base items were eliminated, and the enhanced styles were moved to a vendor so that they have to be purchased (meaning instead of getting more marks, we actually have to spend more marks). Similarly, the enhanced styles were sellable on the broker, giving us some semblance of trade marketing, but their vendor bought replacements cannot be sold away to non-subscribers.

It's not a massive change. So small that some players didn't even notice. But it was a small, deliberate decision that was made, and the result was to take away a tiny bit of what was provided to subscribers. Much like Open Episodes, the gap between Legendary and Premium players continues to narrow so that the subscribers can find themselves paying the same (or increasing) amounts of money, but getting just a little bit less for it every year.
    • Like x 2