Devs: Idea for Skill Point Revamp & Stats in General - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Volkenraider, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

To keep Skill Points relevant to the current tiers of gear I always wondered why are most innates a set value instead of a percentage (%)

I mean it would make sense since it would scale to the tier that you are in and make it more rewarding to go after feats. After all there are there for a reason.

Maybe only make it for the Weapon Mastery innates, so you still have to spend 21 SP +

As tiers increase, the set values on SP decrease. I'm not a big fan of how much our stats are increasing either. As a tier 6 DPS you have as much vit as a T4 fully modded troll :confused:

Prec, Might, Vit, Resto Have almost doubled since T5 and quadrupled since T4.. No wonder there is a lot of elitism out there

Once were T7 with 5k prec 10k might 7k vit were gonna be nuking content even faster. Is it that beneficial for the game? Especially since WM allows you to hit like trucks.

If anyone agrees or disagrees or has better ideas it would be nice to share.

Thanks for reading :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yea, I'm a major advocate for a stat overhaul. People wonder why support roles are so neglected? Well that's because it's easy to solo heal everything with anything over 4K resto, let alone the 9k that people are pushing now. Vit is too high, health, dominance, precision, might as well.

We're at a point where we're overgeared for content before it releases.
    • Like x 4
  3. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Yeah thats what I mean. An adjustment could go a long way for the game

Also keep tiers relevant maybe do a mark system like we had in HoP so people actually need to run at least some content in each tier and get rid of high cr items in the broker.. Like once its traded it loses its stats and its just a style etc
    • Like x 1
  4. kav Committed Player

I'm with you, however the unfortunate route would be:

- Revamp lé System
    - People cannot complete then newest instance on first try
    - Cry on lé forum for nerf
    - Rinse and repeat

Content should be designed to have support roles relevant.
    • Like x 2
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree that stat progression is getting out of hand. I disagree with skill points being more viable than they already are. We're at a point where skill points are heavily emphasized to run the latest content already; in most MMOs, feats do not contribute as much to character strength as they do in this game. In my opinion, skill points already contribute too much to our characters' abilities.
  6. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Yeah but its just as stat progression increases a fixed stat loses its value in comparison to the previous tier. If they were to make it % based then it will always scale to whichever tier you are in