Devs: Future Possible Power

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SixSigma, May 25, 2017.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

The only power this game is missing is a necromancer like power. You know where this is leading to... Black and White Lantern powersets for the Villain and Heroes respectively. Both powers are geared toward resurrecting the dead and can be a Healer power set thus completing a Lantern power for each role.

I figured it would be fun to see the adds we killed rise back up on our side with a time limit and cap on the number we can have out. An example would be an ability like:

From the Ashes
    Summon two "Risen" allies for each fallen enemy (maximum 6) to assist you in battle for a short period of time.

[Light or Dark Combo]
    Hold Range: Sacrifice all of your "Risen" allies to heal you and up to 7 group members.

[Power Interactions]
    Inflicts Fear and Dazed to make enemies vulnerable to dazing effects

Dazed enemies take additional damage

[Healer Role]
    When "Risen" allies are knocked out, their sacrifice will heal nearby allies over time.

[Damage Role]
    Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)
    • Like x 1
  2. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Correction, the combo and damage role should read:

Hold Range: Sacrifice all your "Risen" allies
    [Damage Role] When "Risen" allies are knocked out, increase all damage by an additional 25% for 15 secs.

to better interact with the Healer Role ability.
  3. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

all I want is a Kryptonian Power...
    • Like x 1
  4. saywhaaaaaaaat Well-Known Player

5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Only future power they're worried about is water, after that we won't get squat.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I'm all for a Lantern-based Healer power, if for no other reason than to complete the set (for lack of a better term LOL). The problem with your idea is that it's the one possibility the devs have totally ruled out.

All other power suggestions have gotten the "we have no plans at this time" line, leaving the door open for later on down the line. Black and White Lanterns were the only ones that have gotten a definitive "no" when asked about as a power for player use.
    • Like x 1
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Regardless of the one they choose, there should definitely be a lantern healer power. It would only be fair since there is a tank and troll. Just my opinion though.
    • Like x 5
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Seems awfully similar to celestial.
    • Like x 2
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Let's see if they get to release Water before the world ends...
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

The only power this game is missing is a power like the [IMG]
    for players and devs.
  11. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Oh I don't remember the devs ever saying that. Was it before Jackster? Cause if so, then things may have changed.
  12. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Erm, the Kryptonians are Fire based with iconic flight abilities, I'm sure you could make one.. flip there's prolly even a guide!
  13. Zlohsac Committed Player

Yeah, it was a couple of years ago. It was Spytle. It's the only power i've ever seen a dev flat out say no to.
    • Like x 1
  14. krytine Loyal Player

Yes i know many people want a lantern power healer but alot of people are up in arms for the villian slash hero aspects. Why not this if in dps role be a black lantern and in healer white. Most of the powers a simular to each other a white mist over time to heal and so on
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think that's what made it stand out for me. A lot of other requests get the "we'll look into that" or "we have no plans right now" answers, but that's really one of the only times I've heard a flat-out "no" as an answer, if not the only time.

And with no indication of that answer changing since then, Black and White Lanterns for players isn't something I'd be holding my breath on.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zlohsac Committed Player

Yeah i'm not sure why that was. Maybe DC told them a definite no, it'll never happen. Idk
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

I would suggest to the devs following:
    Take everything you have from the hardlight power, replace evwry troll effect by a healing effect (instead of POT, make it a HOT, instead of insta power dump, make it to a burst, instead of target debuffs, make them group buffa etc.) and replace the troll role with healer role. Let the power then be adjustable to allcolors except green, yellow and red (leaving them to the powers and roles only that were made for)... I think the dammage role goes pretty much with any corps and fitting colors (i know, some do less constructs, yet all can form them anyways if nessesary)
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

I think it was because, lore wise, Black/White Lanterns are just too powerful.

Then again, we aren't real Lanterns anyway, so...
  19. SixSigma Well-Known Player

That'd be pretty cool too. I just went with the current formating of powers.
  20. Swiftduck Loyal Player

If I recall correctly, The devs stated water is going to be the last and final power released. They are done making powers after that.
    • Like x 1