DEVS; Cinematic scenes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Nov 20, 2015.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Will the devs bring back the cinematic or comic book scenes back upon completing a mission.. That made the mission/story that more interesting or rewarding.. Im pretty the community would actually prefer those scenes more than the small dialogue between the NPCs..

WIll DCUO ever bring those scenes into these new "EPISODES"??

Any dev care to comment?
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's been commented on. They were dropped because of the cost. Each one (we're talking comic at the end of a storyline) tens of thousands of dollars. I want to say the figure was about 80k, but it's been a long time since the thread came up.
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The short answer would be....."no".

Essentially they are too expensive to produce.
    So it is pretty much the first thing that was cut from the game when they wanted to reduce the cost of making the game.

Many of us would love for them cinematics to make a comeback....... but odds are it will not happen. :(
    • Like x 1
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

No more Jim Lee, so ... nope lol
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don't think that's true. Maybe for the blur cinematics at the beginning of the game as well as the "fractured future" one, but I can say with almost 100% certainty that the "motion comics" were significantly less. All they really require is an artist and someone who is relatively good with video editing.

The issue with these is likely the time. If they were to crank 2 of these out every month, it would take away from what an artist is already doing in game. I know all the originals were drawn by Jim Lee, so getting him back would likely cost them a pretty penny as well. I chalk these up to being unnecessary expenses. They can tell the story within the game.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Way too expensive to produce. Not only that, they require extensive time and resources. Resources they dont have.

As much as we would love them to happen. They arent coming back.
    • Like x 1
  8. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Gah. Now I'm going to have to track down the quote. I remember a hard dollar amount being said. And I want to say it was on a FNL or other livestream...
  10. kawe Loyal Player

Or maybe... they could just ask an affordable artist to do these. it's not like there aren't enough out there.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

Any artist good enough and well-known enough to get permission from DC to create a piece with their characters is not going to come cheap.
    • Like x 1
  12. bagofboom Committed Player

I draw some pretty cool flip book comics on the pages of the books I check out from the public Library. Sure they're kinda racy and immature but with enough motivation and direction I'd be willing to take over the motion comics for DCUO. Who needs Jim Lee when you've got some random unknown like bagofboom to do the art work of a multi-million dollar, world wide, massively loved, socially iconic brand like DC?
    Here's just a few things I've drawn for reference: :) :mad: :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:
    Will work for food.

Long Live DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  13. kawe Loyal Player

Yeah, good like Liefeld? lmao. DC isn't picky if you ask me.

There are good people that don't cost a fortune. It's like with clothing brands, sometimes ppl pay for the name, and the name only.
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Right... Always hire upcoming artist.. They are already in talks with DC on a daily, this could be thrown into the folders with all the stuff the send to DC with request. IMO