Devs, brimstone elite.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balistical Ice, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm wondering if OP somehow was under an eruption when he was clapped by Brimstone so he was unable to breakout before he got KOed? Otherwise is it a case of not being able to block or roll out? Some sort of lag? No breakout trinkets used if they don't have the stats? I don't know it is a tricky duo if you don't manage Brimstone's health in stages vs the adds that can block break stun you if you're not careful plus all the overlapping eruptions you got to kite that's for sure.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've had this happen too, but kind of just chalk it up to 'Elite' having more things to croak too.

All I know is he gets much more dangerous after the 2nd explosion, so I tend to save SC, Orb, pets till then. Not sure why everyone seems to want to go ham on him during the first part just to then force him to his 'dangerous' stage and be out of their heavy hitters, supply drop and shields when they actually need them.

Reminds me of the previous Eduo where people would drop the kitchen sink on Lex at the beginning, then wonder why they die when 14 of the source creatures are out and they have nothing left in the tank to drop Lex that last 10% to kill him.

This whole DLC is kind of stun heavy if you ask me. Anything worth doing is worth over-doing...right?
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Dropping everything can and does work and is very effective if the player knows what they're doing, more often than not the boss is dead before any problem occurs.

As is the case with everything though, when "less than average" players attempt this, they often fail because they don't know what to do in general when they have nothing else left and their general damage output otherwise is simply lacking.
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Not a single word of anything you’ve posted is correct. I’ll do us both a favour and stick you on ignore, I absolutely can’t engage with this level of nonsense. Go extrapolate/twist someone else’s posts, I’m sure someone on here will bite. Proxystar seems to like your posts and he’s the master of strange whataboutery on here.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'can work' and 'does work' are not the same thing and depend on a lot of variables. If you are running with a known quantity (leaguemate, friend, LFG partner and you are on the same page). With randoms, 'doesn't work' seems to be the norm.

To each his own though. I'd rather take a risk of a 1 min longer run than 1 or 2 wipes the 'fast' way....most of the time it's not that much faster.
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

No volcanos were up. Idk what it is.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I don't know, you did quite outright call him a "moron", you didn't even just call his posts moronic, you actually called him a moron, so it was actually a personal attack and he had a point. I'm glad you're checking to see who was liking his posts though, confirms the paranoia :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Everyone has to wipe son, it's what you do, otherwise you start to smell, oh you meant the content, yeah you're right. :p

That's why I said it maybe didn't render, if you see yourself taking definitively invisible big hits, block, roll and block again until you no longer are (while of course paying attention to anything else)
    • Like x 1
  9. GregTheFarmer Active Player

Not a single thing huh? Well the forum ToS directly contradicts you.

Also how do you propose introducing bad luck without RNG???????

Something tells me he ran out of arguments

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Tell that to the French.... they invented this guy (it's where the name comes from at the least).
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1