Devs; 4th color Palette?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Nov 16, 2015.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

its Been almost 2 years since the mentioning of a 4th color palette.. I would love to see a 4th color palette asap! Are there any plans of giving us a 4th color palette before the end of this year? Or any time soon? 2 years in counting :(
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

got shelved along with the UI upgrade as far as I could tell.

Don't expect it any time soon™
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

4. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah not like they could charge money to unlock a forth pallet option right? oh wait they totally could, and get away with it as long as they didn't demand too much for it.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

[IMG]

Another thing in the overflowing bin.
    • Like x 1
  6. OMNILEGION_EU Well-Known Player

Im still over here trying to figure out who actually sat in the (then) SOE office and said "Lets make there only be 3 colour slots" and everyone else said "brilliant"

How was this even agreed to o_O
    • Like x 4
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Common misconception among those who don't understand what the color palette is...
    Let me clear it up for you, you would still be limited to putting only three colors on any one piece of gear; but you would get four colors to chose from when deciding what three colors you are gonna put on that piece of gear... Understand now?
    • Like x 4
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is still something we want to do, but not something we are doing in the immediate future.
    • Like x 3
  10. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

It's almost like SOE Live 2014 never happened. Kryptonian trilogy, Serums, 4th color palette, new movement variants, etc.
    • Like x 16
  11. CheddarCube Well-Known Player

Customizable sidekicks :( They even mentioned it in a later FNL offhandedly. That is the biggest disappointment for me from that press conference.
    • Like x 3
  12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

To be fair, 2 of them are still possible. The Kryptoniam Trilogy was set to start after WoTL ended, which hasnt ended yet. And in 5 minutes you could think of 5 variations to Flight, but its pretty hard to imagine Variations of SS or Acro. They could very well have found one though and for all we know they havent announced it yet.
    • Like x 1
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

Well we did get skimming (was that before or after SOE 2014?). Putting on my conspiracy hat, I notice there's an awful lot of Superman-themed lair items in the 2015 Winter Seasonal coming up, so maybe there's hope the Kryptonian content is coming.

No disrespect intended if you really wanted it but I believe Serums will go over about as well and makes as much sense as Munitions, so I wouldn't shed a bitter tear to see that plan dropped.

4th color palette would be nice, but I can see how it would be REALLY low on the priority list. Value add towards keeping the game running is pretty minimal, unless you have some deep desire to reproduce Quilt Man in-game.

Sorry for being a wet blanket :(
    • Like x 1
  14. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I have a strange sense of humor that many don't get and it's hard to really show through typing lol

But on a serious note, I would have loved Serums :eek:
    • Like x 1
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

No worries. Your contributions are always valuable.

On the Serums front, it sounds nice but I can't get it to fit logically in the game with the core plot point of exobyte infusion granting powers. If I stretch credibility reeeeeeeaaaalllly far, I can possibly imagine the exobytes grant Alchemical knowledge, but it would be kind calling that a stretch. Maybe another way to take it is not having Serums so much as Toxic Waste or Bio Sludge where you have a power that spews an assortment of fluids. You could easily imagine a set that has powers ranging from acids to stunning foams to healing slimes. Gross but at least it fits the exobyte theme.
  16. NeoXeon New Player

So true! I was just watching SOE Live 2014 lol. I was going to make a thread about do they still plan doing some of their 2014 ideas but never mind, kind of over it now.... :( We'll never see it
    • Like x 1
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Well plenty of people without powers were abducted by Braniac too... Nowhere was it established that all of our powers have to come from the exobytes... (Maybe we were an ordinary scientist type who got basic durability and the ability to fly/run really fast from the exobytes and not much else...) So yeah I have no problem with "Mundane" powersets where people start using their skills from before the braniac invasion to fight back simply under the logic of: "Not everyone won the jackpot when it came to what powers they got from the exobytes and have to compensate with gadgets/guns/serums to keep up because all they got from the exobytes was basic durability(The ability to fall from the sky at terminal velocity and live), the ability to fly/run fast/enhanced agility(The movement modes), and perhaps superhuman strength/Xray vision/ect(The iconic tree)
    • Like x 2
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

Actually that's exactly the core premise of the game. When you create your toon (or alt), you're given a choice of powers that the exobytes are replicating from known super-powered characters. The powers come from exobytes, and that's why it never made sense that power like Munitions exist because the characters the exobytes replicate don't have powers.

If the Devs want to allow for powersets that have nothing to do with exobytes and exist as "ordinary humans" taking up the fight, it would be parallel but separate to the core toon creation and the whole concept of exobyte farming, mod crafting, etc. probably shouldn't apply since exo based mods enhance the gear attuned to the exobytes infused into your toon. No exobytes, no attunement, no need for plans. It starts turning into a whole different progression structure if the Devs hold to the core premise for toon creation.
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

My point is that it's possible that some people got the short end of the stick when it came to getting exobyte powers... Maybe the only exobyte power they got was flight, but they were a solder before braniac took them and they were able to find their guns, which were enhanced with exobyte tech.(With exobytes basically enhancing their duribility and weapons but nothing more.)

So to reiterate my point... Not everyone got cool flashy powers and had to fall back on their smarts.(Not getting cool powers is not the same as not getting any powers.)

So now you can fly and have super strength and thats it, so now you have to mcgyver something with your PHD in chemistry to help you get past the robots blocking your path... (Oh hey that police car was carrying evidence from a drug bust? JACKPOT!) So after that you're free you know about exobytes and are free to experiment with using exobytes to further enhance your chemical concoctions...

(TLDR; there is exobyte based tech now, everyone who came off the ship is infected with exobytes and might have powers or could get powers from them... However there could still be ones that didn't manifest any obvious powers at all while still being enhanced to the peak of human potential.)
    • Like x 1
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

It's a valid description of what you're wanting to see. No disagreement at all. I guess what I'm getting at is that's not how it works, and to achieve your premise would require a change to the game or for the Devs to take the core premise and throw it out the window.