Deviant eyes: GU45 Celestial AM DPS Update UNTESTING FEEDBACK

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LeRassTyphon, Feb 20, 2015.

1. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

you dont have acces to the test server but it s your right to share your opinion
  2. Perseus Chase Committed Player

It look good on paper but it hard to tell without playing it. Celestial is always slow combo power and from what I heard......they didn't improve the speed of the combo that much, so celestial player will be a target practice in PVP.
    • Like x 1
  3. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

That's the big issue right now and it's even worse now that they added more vulnerablility in general so it's worse than just being slow.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

celestial is not that slow.. just compare combos with WM combos...;) but vulnerability.. destroying PvP
  5. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Well yes compared to some some weapon mastery combos it isn't that slow but it is still comparatively to some other powers. Especially when comboing into another power. From what I understand, we are interruptible during the middle animations between combos.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Who told you that you can pvp with celestial. That doesnt even exist.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

All the combos except PcDL (and DLcP) are 2.5 seconds or less, clipped. That's equivalent to most hold-hold WM combos. Clipped PcDL is the same duration as HB to Explosive Shot. It's not that slow. Easier to interrupt than WM, perhaps, but not slower.
    • Like x 2
  8. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

speed is part of the powerset power are slow when used individually but comparable at most tap tap hold weapon combo

introduction of Wm broke the balance by same speed more dmg

multi tap combos become comparable to WM combos

then AM update broke the balance again

back on the subject

i understand the attempt to help with:

To match all other advanced mechanics and weapon mastery, the Celestial Combos, while in Damage Role, now inflict and become vulnerable to counter mechanics.

• but in game celestial already got those vulnerability effective on all his power
    • this vulnerability is effective even before you can start to take advantage of the AM
    • AM efficacity are not guaranted it apply efficiently only on his second part
    the attempt seems to help the user to succed of using is am by a counter game play but even if celestial is not slow do it while you cant cancel combos like HL or rage will play mostly against the user than for him.

it already difficult to stay on your feet actually as celestial

i do my combos boss block what happen ??? not all boss are vulnerable to dps block break what happen???
    which combo are blockbreaking you guys on tester server help me on that
  9. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I am pretty nervous about the vulnerability but since I can't get a feel for it on test server, can anyone who has been on test tell me if the vulnerability that bad? Frustrating?
    I already find myself on my butt all the time in solos and dailies. So if I get put on my *** any more frequently pretty soon I'll have no ***. No ***, just all legs.

Joking aside, I just hope the damage is worth it
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

I finished Spark of Parallax in 5:33 using exclusively AM in full precision 97 gear. It's really not going to be much of an issue in PvE. I'll see if I can record a run for you.
    • Like x 1
  11. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

thx try it without tank plz
    post those 2 run
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

It's a solo. There is no tank. Vid is uploading. Only managed 5:56 this time, sorry. Will post shortly.

• Like x 1
  13. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Ty for posting that Remander. I'll watch it shortly

EDIT: That wasn't bad at all. Thanks for the video Remander.
  14. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I've seen a few people on the testing feedback asking for a powerback mechanic for the healing side of celestial and I am just wondering if other feel celestial needs a powerback mechanic for the healing. I mean I know it would be nice because power back is alway nice but what about the trolls? Is it really needed?
    • Like x 2
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

Well the powerback is more wished for pvp healing.. and there: yeah! There has to happen something!!
    for PvE: not a must but 20-40% (nature bug has 80%) for completed combos would be nice. And i don'T worry about trolls in this case. WHen i'm healling i don't use that much combos and when the group need very quick very strong heals... trolls are not bad then ;).
    • Like x 3
  16. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I never understood why that nature got that powerback mechanic for its healing. The reason being they dont get a weapon in bug form but when did not having a weapon constitute the need for a powerback mechanic? They can still attack and build the hit counter for higher power returns
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

The reason is, that they can't reduce their powercosts with WM in bugform.
  18. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

Thank for the post but sadly i wasnt clear enough i would like to see how the power is in a content at the same level of your gear your are full cr 97 it s already above the content then we cant really figure out how it will be.

Try it in last DLC alert with your full cr97 without tank.

your using the AM but your not using the improvement we want to see that in this alert testing.

[/quote]

alley part:

we cant figure out if it better or not you ll have the same result in live on all overgeared content adds dont have time to reach you because you ll kill them before but any power do the same what you think is better ???

Boss fight

it look like retribution stunt have been increased again after it been lowered clearefied this it is because of your high CR or effectively it have been raised up???
    you have to ran out been CC everytime if you were using multi tap abilies the fact is them where countered and you losed that time execution for nothing
  19. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

I still need to know how it work
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

I'll try to record a video from this solo in 94 vendor gear with VI mods