Development Update: Teen Titans!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

It’s SJ “NerdOfPrey” Mueller, Creative Director of DCUO, excited to give you all the details for the Teen Titans: Judas Contract episode!

I don’t know if you heard the news, but the Titans are recruiting! They’re looking for a few good heroes to join their ranks. Why now, you ask? Because Cyborg has been tapped to join the main roster of the Justice League! He thinks you may have what it takes to join the Titans – but you’ll have to go to Titans Tower and prove it.

A LITTLE HISTORY

The Judas Contract is the definitive Teen Titans storyline and I’ve never been more excited to bring a story to life in DCUO than I am now. The Judas Contract is one of the very first comics I ever read as a kid. Actually getting to play as a part of it? A dream come true.

So what makes this story so dang special anyway? It was a ground-breaking tale in a time when Marv Wolfman and George Perez were pushing boundaries about what it means to be a superhero and what it means to be a teenager. Fast forward to the present, and the Teen Titans have an enormous following of young fans. As you can see, being a teen hero is complicated. In this Episode, we’ve taken the best of both the new team and the classic stories, and created the quintessential Teen Titans tale.

STORYTIME

In the Judas Contract, Deathstroke has enlisted the help of a mole to infiltrate the Titans. Since Cyborg is moving on, this gives Deathstroke the perfect opportunity to send in his spy. But he isn’t the only one trying to infiltrate the Titans. Villain players will get a chance to sneak in too -- working at the behest of the Fearsome Five and Calculator.

NEW CHARACTERS

The art team went all out and added a bunch of new characters and refreshed a few old faces too. I’m beyond thrilled to finally bring Damian Wayne into the DCUO story, along with Terra, Jericho, Adeline Wilson, and H.I.V.E. Master. We didn’t stop there either. Starfire and Cyborg have been updated and are looking amazing, and Tim Drake has graduated from Robin to Red Robin! How cool is that?

NEW PLACES

Titans Island? Check! Titans Tower? Check! Titans Breakroom with video games and pizza boxes? CHECK! There’s a new Underground H.I.V.E. base too! You’re going to be going to so many cool, iconic Titans locations it’s ridiculous. And if you’ve read the Judas Contract or seen the movie, you may recognize the impressive, massively cool H.I.V.E. Machine that you have to take on in the final fight.

REWARDS

As you can see, Red Robin and Cyborg look so amazing, we had to make gear suits of their costumes! This is some of the coolest tech-based gear we’ve ever made. The Elite Cyborg-inspired suit is jaw-droppingly epic. And since it’s an Episode, the rewards come with a new max Combat Rating. And I haven’t even mentioned the new Augments inspired by Cyborg and the Titans! These are specific to this Episode and will help you get stronger in the content.

And as always, feats, collections, base items, and more!

LIVESTREAM REPLAY

If you missed us earlier, watch the livestream replay to see a little taste of the new Episode first hand.

Teen Titans: Judas Contract hits our Test Server later today and launches on July 18th, 2018!
    • Like x 7
  2. kelticfury New Player

3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

When there's trouble you know who to call ... TEEN TITANS!

... yes, you will have that song in your head all day now. :D
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Will there be a thread on augments so everyone's numerous questions can be answered?
    • Like x 3
  5. comrade sonya Committed Player

Why are the style rewards two male styles for characters that already have existing style sets based off of them (Robin/Cyborg)? Why not do Starfire or Terra so everyone has something to look forward to?
  6. kelticfury New Player

The female versions of the styles they did give look better than the male versions imho.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

What is happening with the exceptional and total recovery kits? are they being removed from the marketplace and loot table?
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They're being turned to exobyte XP boosters I believe is what was said in the livestream
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

All older R&D materials are getting turned into the augment equivalent of XP. However, they stated the amount of XP they grant wouldn't be that huge since they're giving players these enormous boost XP token thingies that basically take you to end game in terms of stats.

In other words, I wouldn't expect them to be worth much on the broker. However, you know how things in this game can change last minute, so don't do anything rash.

As far as crafting, basically everything is dissappearing except for consumbles. They didn't elaborate as to how we would now craft consumables, but it won't involve simples and complexes since they said they're disappearing.

Exceptional and Total Recovery Kits are getting turned into XP boosters for augments (not sure if that means the XP materials drop at a faster rate, or they multiply the amount of XP you get while consuming Aug-Metal.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks, I actually got that question answered so modified the post, the answer I got was slightly different though.

Are you saying that simple and complex are gone entirely?

I gather you mean that when we salvage gear now we simply don't get those materials any more, do we get something different? This aug-metal you speak of is it?
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, exactly.
    • Like x 1
  13. Annamaniac Level 30

I don't think they'd get rid of complext material simply because it is used to craft consumables but not sure about simple.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

According to another thread (I'll have to go back to the replay video to check) the consumables I mentioned are crafted only using a special exobyte type that will spawn in the open world (where the old exobits spawned I imagine).

Basically, exobytes as we know them, simple mats, complex mats, focusing elements, everything R&D related is going to be converted to new Aug-Stones or Aug-bytes or whatever they're called, lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The Aug-Metal-Stones come from gear, and also as boss loot you can select. Those are the only two places they mentioned so far...
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  17. Annamaniac Level 30

What I'd like to know from the DEV's Only please IS, will all of our Exobytes that we currently have simply be converted into the different experience exos to be used by us at a later point when the following episode comes out after Teen Titans? I know you're giving us relavent golden exos to make us were we should be. Plus how often will these new Cats drop for the Augments. I know you said they have a higher chance of dropping in the raids and elite raids as well, just want to know about how often. Once per raid or once per week if ur luckly or....?

Plus Nerd of Prey can we Please have Starfire's hair style? Would lookmawesome if we could and be able to have the hair color two toned as well.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think they should make a Dev Hair Style pack. We already got Nerd of Prey's style, but they could make it multicolored this time. Then we just need Mepps' and Avair's
  19. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Mepps,

There are several questions that were asked throughout the live stream and on the forums that I hope will be answered soon. Some have already been answered, which I do appreciate.

A breakdown of some general questions and answers would be helpful for everyone.

I share some questions that have been asked already. But I do have a couple that I didn't see asked or answered yet.

1. Will Total Recovery Kits also be converted to Experience Boost for the Augments like the Exceptional Recovery Kits will be?

2. Will we still be able to Craft certain R&D Items, Like Soda Buffs, Shields, Stuns, Etc? & If so, Will the New Exobytes be used for them?

3. Will we be able to put Augments for Both Roles? & If so, will we be given enough to Augment Both Roles that are Currently Modded?

That's a couple for now, along with some that others have already asked. I hope they can be answered soon. If I have anymore questions that may come up and weren't asked or answered, I will be sure to bring it up. Thank you.

(I' am sorry if this is not the appropriate thread though it is related to this DLC/Update coming soon. I didn't see a thread created for Augment questions in the Development section yet. If one is I hope these questions and others can be answered there. I will re-post there or someone else can if they would also like these questions answered).

Sincerely: Brav
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

TRKs will become Exobyte Boosters automagically. You can use these for a % bonus when you are fortifying your augments.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.