Developers: Ideas on how to Revitalize PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Zoros, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

That sounds wonderful for the very slim populations of apparently like minded individuals on the pc servers. The rest of us tend to disagree that season 3 brought about any positive changes outside of glaring issues from season 2. Much of what changed with season 3 regarding support roles, butchered tanks and trolls while healers still need another reduction in support capacities to even be remotely close to "balanced".

It's apparent that this competitive ideal that some players have is not widely shared hence the dwindling population.
    • Like x 2
  2. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

If you're gonna make an argument, don't start by making stuff up which isn't true.

Trolls were far from butchered, infact due to the really high power costs there were vital to any effective team composition. They simply screwed up their debuffs which made them pretty mono-tonal in their gameplay.

Tanks were the only roles that were "butchered" in the sense they were useless and never, ever utilised in effective team compositions.

DPS was much lower at the start, healing was also slightly lower (and far less power efficient) as there was no nature bug healers. The "OP" DPS classes were a bee sting compared to the nukes of DPS we have in the current system.

It sounds like you yourself had very, VERY little experience with early season PvP in arenas as a lot of the things you claim about season three are either not true or only relevant to pvp far later in the season when AMs were added and many things were adjusted.
    • Like x 3
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

That's advanced mechanics you're thinking of. Or at least that's what I'd like to believe since you've done nothing but antagonize the PC side every god damn chance you get. Does it make you feel better blaming PC players for things the devs did completely on their own? It's not like they're ignoring the feedback from not only PC players but also PS players who actually get how PvP works. Like Absolix, like Ace1, like RagingNature. None of them are PC players, and they all have their own brains.

You, pitbullb3, and Superpatriot all say the same things about PC players yet you have the nerve to call PC players like minded people who keep secrets from everyone? There is no "rest of us". The fact that the community showed their disapproval for the counter immunity changes you championed proves that you are the small fringe who doesn't know nearly as much PvP as you think you do.
    • Like x 2
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Yeah Beast I'm sorry about my latest post. I think what you're doing is at least admirable, as I've said before. Not saying you need my approval, you don't. More power to you.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zoros Active Player

23. Fix panics permanent stun- Not sure if this is a glitch or intended, but any moves that use the panic interaction have the tendency to permanently stun the player. The only way to break out of the permanent stun is with a trinket... and not like trinket is spammable, it has a cooldown, so sometimes, when you get perma stunned, you literally have to wait and die because you can't break out, block, roll, or move in general. In arena, this potential glitch is pretty rampant with HL users because it happens quite frequently when they use chompers. This issue is quite small and would only require a hotfix, thanks!
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Wasn't this already fixed?
  7. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I'm just sick and tired of being told my difference of opinion is either wrong or baseless.

I'm also sick and tired of watching other people get badgered for thinking differently. Certain memebers only get enough respect to keep me from getting banned, outside of that, your input is inherently biased and ought to be taken with a grain of salt not force fed to those who think differently.

And I'm the troll here? Cut me a break.
    • Like x 1
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Drop the martyr act. You can think as "differently" as you want. But don't expect someone not to call you out on it, especially when it's either blatantly wrong or is insulting to others.

Nobody's force feeding you anything. It's clear since there are like minded people like yourself who can't see past AM being the problem and not Season 3. I actually don't have a problem with you voicing your opinion, to be honest, only time I think about you is when you open your mouth to derail threads like this. Which yeah, it's kinda trolling.
  9. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I agree with everything you've said so far so don't let others try ot tell you otherwise a lot more people agree with you than they realize.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zoros Active Player

Grand Shaw
    I thought it was at first as well. I remember you guys talking about this with Dirt and I had though he had fixed the issue, perhaps it was a fix only applied to legends? If it was fixed beyond legends, it is broke again, because it happens quite often in arenas and open world. It does not happen as much as it did originally (almost always) but it still happens a bit too much, it should not be occurring at all lol.
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  12. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I'm sorry if this has been tossed out there and if so whoever did I back you 100%. Create bi-monthly pvp map packs. Sell on MP for $5 to $8 depending on the map sizes example 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 and 8v8s. This could possibly stream a new revenue provider allowing over time the ability to hire new pvp oriented devs. If it works we could monthly releases start with new mechanics and new locations. Just a thought. Maybe even later start a new pvp season pass membership that like our current membership allows unlimited cash cap, access to all map packs and goodies $_$
    • Like x 1
  13. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

If you have a direct reference to back your claims, please provide them. Otherwise, you're just talking openly about absolutely nothing.... Again. You also contradicted yourself in your own paragraph by associating the validity of my opinion with trolling. You can't be okay with it and then then tell me that my opinion, one shared by many others, is some how "false".

Can you provide evidence that season 3 was less the culprit to the decline to the PvP population than advanced mechanics? If you remember, several powers had AM's prior to the season change so what you're saying can only be half true if it was anything beyond your personal opinion.

I've already stated, as have others, the issues that season 3 brought on, I'm just gonna leave it at that.
    • Like x 1
  14. Zoros Active Player

PLEASE, save the debating for another thread. Keep up the positive critiquing and idea formulation as the focus for this particular thread. Last thing I need is the thread being shut down after these efforts, we need a thread that will continue to stay UNLOCKED so that the developers and players can come together and brainstorm to at least make some great changes to pvp. I will not discuss anything else further about debating, just create a small message as caution that we need to get back on track, I would appreciate it.

24. Fixing lack of vulnerability of Claws - This move, especially when AM is active is a free 15k-25k damage without vulnerability, I know there is the uninterruptable combo that needs to be fixed with HL, but I wanted to address this claw issue first since I've seen many more people abuse this in comparison to the uninterruptable combo in both arenas and especially open world. Just to be fair, the first tap of claws should not be blocked but the remainder of taps should be blockable. Using the claw taps is so rudimentary and it should not be unblockable and dealing so much damage. You know there is something wrong when the claw tap is hitting 6-11k per tap and I'm blocking the taps and the opposing player does not have to worry about being vulnerable and giving away immunity.
  15. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I'll run more pvp today to kinda brainstorm ideas and test the powers I currently have toons for. I think adding a little depth to the 2 open world events we already have could be welcomed first step seeing as people say ps3 can't handle much more strain if any.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zoros Active Player

IceRaider
    Sounds great, we need more ideas to discuss, a lot has been laid out, would love to discuss more ideas/fixes that can make pvp more enjoyable and stimulating for everyone. I try to come up with an idea a day, sooner or later I won't have any more ideas of my own, which is fine, at least we left the developers with a plethora of methods to improve pvp, great feedback so far everyone, the more ideas the merrier.
  17. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

IMO the number one problem is that no one really PVPs anymore, if they started releasing a new suit every few months to maybe increase the PVP Player pop then they could narrow down the mechanics and fix them.
    • Like x 1
  18. OMG Well-Known Player

I agree armor needs to be updated in duels a 130 something cr dps can easily 1 shot a player with 100 cr pvp armor. It's been out dated for awhile now. I could have swore that they were going to release a new set every 6 months but I could be wrong. They should add a Oan Sciencells death match. But in all reality the biggest thing they could do for pvp is give us new armor. Which would give us a reason to pvp other than the competition of using powers to make us op instead of gear.
    • Like x 1
  19. Zoros Active Player

*Based on feedback from Curse Bringer and OMG*

25. New pvp season - We have had 100 gear for over a year now, I think it is time for the developers to work on a new and refreshing set of pvp gear. As far as open world is concerned, who would ever use the T6 pvp weapon anymore when you have pve weapons that deal damage in the range of I think 580-590 dps or something absurd, over 100 dps higher than the best pvp weapon :D. When you guys create the new season of pvp gear please have roles in mind, the next set of pvp gear should certainly be role based gear. If reinstating role based gear means starting pvp gear off on a clean slate, I'm all for it, just as long as the new gear is role based and is slightly superior in comparison to the current pve gear as of right now because we know that pvp seasons occur a lot less frequently then new pve episodes that drop new weapons and gear. If pvp ever becomes renewed with a good revenue stream created for daybreak, please generate more pvp episodes often to keep pvp gear equivalent to the strength of the updated pve gear, especially the weapon damage. I believe a new pvp season with role based gear should be the first step taken to reviving pvp (as far as producing new pvp content is concerned).
  20. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I still think since balance is off in the future to combat low pop they should design one or two new maps every month and place those individually for .99 per map or 1.79 for the bundle... This would generate a small revenue stream at a fair price, especially unlike pve maps pvp maps hold relevancy regardless of Cr. With well planned maps with exciting new mechanics they could slowly create a very solid revenue stream which could allow for bigger better content and goodies in the future. I think home turf base trinkets and boosts should be put back in pvp but make the pve and pvp versions separate and cost the two primary marks... Again all it takes is cooperation from the community and the devs to take our ideas into consideration.
    • Like x 1