Devastator

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PickArole, Apr 25, 2022.

1. PickArole Well-Known Player

Did I miss something whit this POS? He's shooting spores ALL the way across the screen today! This is insane! 40k ticks unavoidable wtf??
  2. PickArole Well-Known Player

I just watched a video from Wednesday and the dps was WAY closer than me and did NOT get spored. I can be full screen and get hit. What's the deal??
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Did you have a tank in your run? Or at least a troll for some debuffs? Head augs also make it hurt less I believe. I’ve been in elite runs where no one can even see their toons cuz they’re all walking around covered in the giant cloud. Think the alert is more of a challenge to heal than the raid. Just ran it as a tank in reg and didn’t notice anything different than any other runs I’ve been in tho. Once he hits you with that big cloud attack, it’s on ya for a longgggg time. But no toon except my main has high head augs.
  4. PickArole Well-Known Player

Lmao... That cloud is rough! We did however have a troll. I've been doing this daily with just dps and a troll or tank, sometimes just 3 dps. It seemed awful rough today.
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah some days do seem worse than others. I always feel like it’s all about the troll in that fight. Tank can really only range tank and throw a pull every now and then till he reverts back to normal. Healers are just pumping away. A buff/ battle troll running claw and amulet can really make it an easier fight. But yeah, some days the green seems crazy. It definitely seems worse when there’s no tank to anchor him a bit since he’ll just jump around like crazy and cover more of the room. If I’m dps and there isn’t a tank and he decides to just stay on me, I circle the room just like I would when I’m tanking. Roll when he jumps and then just fast attacks and keep walking backwards. Still a ton of green but leaves more of the room open for the others to function.
  6. PickArole Well-Known Player

I was trying to avoid but no avail. It may be we had a bad troll.
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Trolls just going to help with a damage debuff. Well, they’ll help with all 3 debuffs. Ultraman and devestator both seem to be able to heal back a bit so I’ve just (on my troll obviously) been hitting the d pad up button on my dps loadout and switching one move to a debuff instead of a knock back then slotting in the group shield instead of turret and running reload vs rsk and putting in my tetra/claw/amulet of rao. I’m still doing plenty of damage but I’m doing crazy buffs/debuffs for the whole groups benefit. Pugs of course always complain till the 1st boss melts and my damage is close or better than everyone else in group. But with that decreased damage debuff, everything just hurts less so the healer (if they aren’t OP) can keep us upright.

My healer is OP enough to keep 3 dps up but it is crazy even in reg. Just an endless spam. EoG pretty much useless in there unless you can find an open area. So just go in full healer build and work your buns off. I’ve never been so happy to have an orb of arion between that fight and the 1st fight of the elite raid. I hate having to spam it but with tanks having 500k chunks taken off every few seconds, I couldn’t keep up without it. I’ve had to heal more this dlc than ever. Usually I’m the backup since my ST is so useful. We’ve decided that it’s a lot safer to have me heal and lose some burn instead.
  8. Jcal Dedicated Player

Devastor has a spore barf that targets one player. It's a skull and he'll look in your direction. I don't know if there are extra ways to mitigate the DoT. The damage goes through shields. Maybe blocking or moving away from him?

My tank runs Pheromone Bloom + EoG, so when it's my turn I can completely heal myself. No healer needed. Imo, healers should also be running the same combo. That'll save you some power (and you're gonna need power in that room).

DPS and trolls are at the mercy of the healer. Best to save your cola and supply drop for that barf attack. I had an Elite run where myself (tank) and a DPS were the last two up for the 2nd part of the Devastator fight. This DPS actually made it through by just backing waaaay off when they got barfed on and waiting for their soder. Very smart (and patient) player.
    • Like x 1
  9. PickArole Well-Known Player

I'm gonna guess he was targeting me with that barf lol. It's just I've never seen him hit all the way across the room. I was nowhere near him and boom, I'm in a gas cloud with him on the other side of the room.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are boss mechanics that target the furthest person away, this could be one of them. Me and another healer always seems to get hit with this and we stand as far back as possible.
    • Like x 2
  11. PickArole Well-Known Player

Thanks for the info all. I was definitely the furthest from him by far. I'll try this again at reset and see if this was my issue. Thanks again!