Fixed Deleted Artifacts Do Not Show Up in Restore Tab?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Hollow Gohan, Jan 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I assume this may be a bug or intentional because of recent events, or maybe it has always been like this. However, if someone accidentally deletes an artifact that is low for instance, it will show up in your restore tab and allows you to restore it. I tested this by putting 20 xp into a random artifact, deleting it, and checking to see if it was there. However, if that artifact is 200, it does not show up. I feel like mistakes happen, and don't see why the artifact wouldn't just show up in the restore tab especially with how costly they are to level up. This did not happen to me, but I've seen it happen to 2 separate people.
    • Like x 5
  2. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Anyone else experienced this ?
    How do I make a report?

I totally own that I'm playing with a ps4 controller with heavy drift on the x button. Going to my inventory I have all my arts marked as important so they wont be deleted. My drift took in activating the x button on my 200 Tetra, I get a prompt for a confirm delete message, I hit Triangle but my drift had register x. I was in shock but that's my fault.

However I check in the recently deleted items and I don't see my 200 tetra.

Any feedback on this ?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Did you put a ticket in with support to see if they could restore it?
  4. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

yes, Request #1077534
    still waiting for a response from the team.
    Haven't logged on my toon since.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet. Any further details or other examples would be helpful.
  6. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

On my end, the only example I have is on Sunday, 4pmish accidently(drift activated x on the warning prompt message) deleted 200 tetra I thought I had a monthly restore chance to get the artifact back, when it was deleted I didnt see it in my restore tab. Maybe it's an error? Not all items can be restored I guess. My fault for the confusion.
    • Like x 1
  7. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I had this happen to me 2 DLCs ago. I was swapping arts as a troll n accidentally deleted my claw that was rank 200. At first I wasn’t tripping because I knew I had a restore voucher. When I checked, it was gone. I asked support to help me and sent the clip of me deleting the artifact and not seeing it in the restore tab but they did not help me and said to be careful next time.

I suspected that it wasn’t there because I maybe switched arts too fast or some type of lag happened in that moment. I haven’t tried to replicate this with other 200s, living in fear of it happening again, but I have with low ranked artifacts and noticed the same as you.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

Well... i only can confirm that i've had the case many times, that a deleted item wasn't shown in restore menu. (Never deleted Artifacts so far, so not sure on those)
    The restore menu seems very buggy anyways.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I do want to point out that restore will only show the last 20 items you deleted.
  10. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

In regards to the case I made this post about initially, that was one of the first things the individual checked after it had been deleted. I'm sure the same can be said about others.

In this video I link, during the visual bug that persisted on first boss last dlc, he deleted his Scrap of the Soul Cloak (confirmed after looking for it, submitting tickets, etc). At 3:00 you can see that it does not appear in his restore tab:

• Like x 1
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Imo I feel the company is wrong for this. "Oh you spent $200 but you accidentally deleted it? Welp sorry be more careful." Yeah, that's why I stopped playing lol.
    • Like x 3
  12. IonHero Committed Player

Code:
    To Reproduce:[Works with all equipable items from inventory, not just artifacts]

First you must be using a game controller.

Now mover cursor over an Equipment piece that has been equipped before [to avoid the non-tradable prompt]

Press the buttons to equip and delete almost simultaneously. (with equip being pressed slightly first)

[If done correctly the artifact should now be equipped, however the delete message should also be present]

Now confirm the deletion.

Item will now be removed from the equipped slot, and It won't be in the deleted item list.
    If I had to guess...
    The problem most likely has to do with the item being deleted from an equipment slot and not an inventory slot.
    As such the item is probably being treated like a consumable after use when removed.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for this. We believe we have identified the problem.
    • Like x 1
  14. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Nice job!
    • Like x 1
  15. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I was in a similar situation but I was in the cut scene trying to switch artifacts (all my arts are marked as important) (on my end the drift was so crazy it hit x through the prompt message). I had a restore voucher too so I was cool, but didn't see it in the restore tab.

I'll def be careful, knowing how much time and value each 200 artifact has, deleting one would never make sense because a player either keeps it or puts the XP into another artifact. If we don't have access to restore, I do wish we had an alternative to keep it safer from accidents. Letting a 200 art not have access to the restore tab pretty much lowers the morale for the game. Everyone's investment deserves a chance to be restore if accidentally deleted.
    • Like x 2
  16. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I may have seen one of your videos on this. I no longer switch out artifacts because of this. In the video, the player was quick swapping and they had to stop and double check their inventory... They did a slow motion replay of the moment it disappeared. It was tragic. I felt physically ill after seeing that they were unable to recover it. The reason they could not recover it is because it was never deleted. The game bugged out and sent their artifact into the ether... Absolutely tragic.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

18. Quakerzz New Player

If I lost an artifact a few months ago and already opened a ticket, can I create a follow-up ticket now?
    • Like x 1
  19. CodedKills Well-Known Player

This
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.