Defeated enemies dropping exobits

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Archsprite, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Archsprite Well-Known Player

Rationale:
    Surely players aren't the only ones scrubbing the streets of Gotham, Central City and Metropolis clean of exobits. Defeated enemies should drop (or maybe have a 10-20% chance of dropping, 5% of that time a double, 1% a triple ) an exobit.

Pro:
    Get your mod making materials from using your superness.

Con:
    Diminishing value of gathering and may depress prices in the Auction House for bits.

What do you think?
    • Like x 20
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yes.

Its stupid that it hasnt been like that since the beginning...Currently the only way to get bits is to run around Metropolis, but considering it costs 15 bytes to make a 5 mod (120 bits...1200 to mod every piece of gear), even with recovery kits, it takes hours to farm
  3. Solutha New Player

While I agree that it would be nice its not going to happen. Those Scanners in the marketplace would become worthless then. They may be the 2nd most profitable thing for SOE with replay badges being 1st.
  4. Charlie Fantom New Player

Moding gear has become nothing more than an annoyance. Not interested in socketing a new piece just have to replace it with some new random drop just hours later. Recovery kits availability are a joke even in pvp. So many problems with the game yet the waste time revamping powers that needed no fixes at all.
    • Like x 5
  5. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I felt this should have been the way to get exos from the start. The larger instances should also spawn exos after the final boss is defeated.
    • Like x 1
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Reason why I don't mod unless i really have to otherwise i just stick betas in for the bonuses.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes I +1 this
    • Like x 1
  8. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I could see the possibility of player character defeats dropping exobits, but not PVE enemies. Player characters are, by default, infected by exobytes. This is not the case for PVE enemies.

I wouldn't be for this in the case of duels, etc., just for Open World defeats of enemy players.
  9. Moneybags118 New Player

I would love to see this. And the con you have is not a con in my opinion, as it will only help balance out the economy more.
    • Like x 1
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

+1 (and why are grey items in game? the trash loot. when cash per NPC destroyed could be increased. ;) )
    • Like x 1
  11. Tule New Player

No. This would defeat the whole purpose. Exobits/mods are something separate from the normal grind. Something you have to go out of your way and put EFFORT into to build your character. One of the few things left that feels like an MMO in DCUO. If you can achieve them by just fighting then why not just have them buyable with marks? And if you have them buyable with marks why not just have the stats already on the gear? And if thats the case then they can just add +20 stats to all the gear and be done with it.

Either keep it the way it is (possibly adding easier ways to recover/obtain recovery kits) or just take it out all together. If the majority wins and the exobits just drop or can be bought with marks then there is not point to them at all and they should just be removed as a failed element.
  12. Charlie Fantom New Player

Id love to have stacks of exos in my bank like the simple and complex materials that overflow in my keep.
  13. Decree New Player

Considering that you now NEED to mod to continue progression from t4 to t5 then enemies/bosses should drop bits.
    • Like x 1
  14. Poo New Player

No. Exo farming is the only casual content in the game atm. Every mmo needs to have something to do, other than combat, that still has some sort of feeling of progression.
    • Like x 1
  15. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't like it... For me it ruins "The Story of Exobits". They drop everywhere anyway....
    Also someone started a thread just like this on Sunday.... I hate when people repeat the same thing over and over. Like hammering a nail in to my brain until it finally splits....but I digress..
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...its-be-drops-from-bosses.181265/#post-2160740

Just for you.....

------

Do you want baddies to poo bits?
    Are you crying about collecting?
    Has gathering got you grumpy?

Well, have I got an idea for YOU! ....

Exobit Yield Enhancement Device.
    That's right you heard it here first folks...
    Enhanced farming technology brought to you by the bright minds at KnightTech.

This technological marvel allows you to harvest at 3-5 bits* from each gather.

Marketplace item (time limited like the Finder or permanent like the portable R&D Station)
    I do enjoy the farming as much as the next guy, but... I want this now!
    Trust me it's a money maker if you put it in the marketplace!!!!

-----
    Now you see it. Now you see it 3 times!.... KnightTech brings you: the Exobit Multiplication Base Amenity.

Exobit Yield Enhancement Station.
    Enhanced multiplication technology brought to you by the bright minds at KnightTech
    Speed Force energy allows you accelerate the molecules of a single exobit and extract 3 identical bits from different points in time.
    Add one to your Laboratory today and ssspeed up your R&D for tomorrow!
    -------
    • Like x 1
  16. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

I agree with this. To be honest, I'd probably never lay a foot in Metropolis or Gotham if I didn't need to farm.
    • Like x 1
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Do gold farmers sell Exobits? I hate spending any time repeating a path in Old Gotham looking for Exobit nodes. It's not what I would call gameplay. I also, hate chopping trees and mining ore in GW2. At least the many other materials are earned from drops off NPCs. Hatred of crafting is making me gather momentum to leave the MMO genre. forever. (I already have a mind numbing job that I get payed for) :oops:
    PS: how do those spammers in-game persist? (have joe-dev-support login once a day on villain and hero character; visit a few phases; delete account of spammer..... I no longer ignore them, they never end.)

Not only are Mods necessary,with T4 trinkets... are they not also used with balancing content after T4? (I'm in the camp of players that come back with new content for a few weeks and during that time may or may not spend $5 on unlimited escrow to recharge the Turf power thingy for trinkets, and get more materials from vendors. Hey! I subscribed for many months early on, payed for the game*, and have since then payed for DLCs. Don't give me that look!) *http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...erse_Online_SOEs_FastestSelling_Game_Ever.php

Not including a chance of Exobits within loot table is worse than giving non usable gear regularly.... but both need to be addressed.
    Imagine... T6, T7, the Exobits necessary to craft at that level???????? Yeah, do it now. Include exobit chance from NPCs.
  18. Decree New Player

No one said anything about taking world bits away. Keep them around the maps as that should still be the fastest way to gather bits. Just maybe add some bit drops to bosses as well. That way you don't have to dedicate your time flying around for hours if you don't want to. It will be slower but you will still be making progress if you just log in to do a few duos.

If you go for the open world bits while listening to music or whatever you will still be able to farm more bits faster than the people maybe getting 3 bits off of a last boss in a duo/alert/solo.
  19. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

I see but I am a bit confused now. If farming for them in the open world would be a lot more efficient, why would you want an alternative way if it would take even longer to get what you needed? I don't see how this solves the problem a lot of people are having.
    • Like x 1
  20. Bokugo New Player

Introducing The Exobit Advanced Collector. Double what you collect from exobit drops for a limited time. 1 bit now become 2, 2 becomes 4 etc. Combine with the radar for maximum exobit collection.
    There are SOOOOO many things they can make money off of.
    • Like x 1