Dec Team and Mepps Please Eliminate Scoreboard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC REBIRTH, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It won't go because some like it some don't, a big part of its playerbase will leave with it.
  2. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

If someone wants competitive activity that's what pvp: player Vs Player, not Player Vs Enviroment.

Pve is for cooperative gaming.
    • Like x 2
  3. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

If that is the case, the people you speak of don't come on here to play a superhero villain game. They come to a superhero villain game to inflate there egos.

If that is the case, this game may be truly doomed.

But I don't think so.
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

So basically ignoring that there can be competition in pve, huh?
  5. xsamhellx Level 30

Doing a raid. First two boss went smooth. I'm top in dmg by 50k other three dps same cr or off by 2 cr must not have good SP two are munitions just like me.

I'm top in dmg and also doing pickups. Healer getting ko'd a few times making me nervous. Keep picking her up. Troll busy doing WM combos so there's that.

Third boss starts within less than a minute healer gets knocked out. I go to pick her up and get ko'd. They raise healer not me I time out. After what feels like 30 minutes they wipe. Try again same thing happens while picking up heal and troll I'm out.

No longer top of scoreboard nobody even bothered to pick a dps up. After second wipe they say burn is slow and kick me based off scoreboard.

I know the mechanics of the instance. Was doing great dmg. My sp is good. Being helpful doing pickups on healer bc troll is too busy doing WM combos.

This is how the scoreboard is inaccurate. If you don't notice who's doing what and just view scoreboard you do not get the big picture.
    • Like x 7
  6. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I'm quite confused by this entire post.

City of Heroes is came before DCUO.

I have no idea how you could claim that other MMO's don't have a team aspect to them.

How does a scoreboard distract from having unique roles? How is less information a good thing?
    • Like x 2
  7. TheDrone Well-Known Player

If you eliminate the scoreboard, people will realize they can get away with slacking off. They'll stand around and not really do anything, letting the rest of the group clear trash and such. You might not do it, but there will be people who will do it. Sure, you can watch the combat logs, but that's idiotic. You complain about people wasting time by checking the scoreboard, but you're gonna waste 10x as much reading the combat log. Then you'll say that you'll see people not contributing. Sure, that's a great way to play. Divert your attention from what you should be doing to make sure that everyone else is contributing enough. The scoreboard exists for a reason. And you can be sure that if DCUO didn't have a scoreboard, you people would be the ones begging to have a scoreboard.
    • Like x 1
  8. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

Because too many cry babies use the scoreboard to cry about how there powers suck. But they mask it by stating other powers need to be nerfed.

Scoreboard is ego driven in this game.

Also, nowhere in my post did I say "no other mmo has scoreboard"

I did however indicate that "most mmos don't have a scoreboard.
    • Like x 1
  9. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

I can assure you I would not be begging for scoreboard if it were removed.

If scoreboard is so detrimental to this to be a successful mmo, tell...why does eso do so well without one?
  10. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

It's amazing how the scoreboard can actually get you kicked.
    Do numbers drop during raid when they actually have to interact with raid or instance mechanics.

But, some people can't see that and kick when all do should stopnwhatvtheyvare doing and interact including pickups.

But they rather scoreboard chase.
  11. xsamhellx Level 30

I ran a&b this morning and one of our dps was afk after the first boss. He kept moving his character somewhere safe and just sitting there. He was cr100 dps and burn was so slow after. I pointed it out several times. He had like 30k in dmg on scoreboard and was at the very bottom. Voted to kick him too and nope he was higher cr than the rest of our dps so they voted no.

In almost every mmo I've ever played you have to be alert to the enemy, group, your surroundings, etc. Not in this game lol so many people que in and just up and go afk.. heck same thing happened yesterday in inner raid one troll and dps just decided to take a 20 min break between bosses. Scoreboard or not that'll happen. It happens with scoreboard it'll happen without.

And when I'm playing wether it be my dps or troll I always see what other players are doing. Did fos3 Saturday and our troll kept using auto fire hitting snipers and medics. Everyone was like OMG we all died what happened I'm like Captain genius over here... Scoreboard or not people will do stupid stuff and not contribute.
  12. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

Sure there can be healthy competition in pve...

How many pickups?
    How much heal?
    How much power?

But scoreboard makes it unhealthy especially dps
  13. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Well, first of all, I didn't say anything about you claiming "no other mmo has scoreboard". I don't know where you got that from. Try re-reading my post.

Second, how is wanting to make sure I'm not a complete drag on the group an ego thing?

Third, I simply don't believe it's true that most mmo's don't have a scoreboard.
  14. TheDrone Well-Known Player

You'd be OK with removing all numbers then, right? No scoreboard. No combat logs. No on-screen graphics denoting numbers.
  15. xsamhellx Level 30

Competition makes people do stupid things. When you are chasing top dps on scoreboard you are not thinking in a group dynamic. You are thinking about personal gain and satisfaction. I have watched myself as a troll and the healer die and not get picked up while dps stood right beside us trying to burn a boss. Not wanting to stop the burn to help the team and the group wipe several times.

I've seen YouTube videos that tell you how to stay top on the scoreboard by popping a boost cola entering the raid with a full supercharge bar and emptying it on trash mobs asap to put you in first place quick.

I've seen people ignore mechanics and objectives bc they didn't want to stop the burn on bosses we can't beat unless we turn a cog or deliver a pickup.

I've seen dps cr150-ish leave an instance bc a cr200 dps joined and they knew they couldn't be top dmg.. but I guess that's all fun and games and healthy competition.
    • Like x 4
  16. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Scoreboard causes way to many problems and should be removed. The benefits of removing it outweigh the benefits of keeping it in. Competitive content should only be for PvP so all players can enjoy the game and not have to feel like its a competition for everything. In return let a special animation be given to whoever is currently #1 in DPS.
    • Like x 2
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dont wanna scroll up and quote everyone, but a few mentioned without a scorecard we won't be able to see who isnt doing their job.

I argue we will notice it more. Obviously, just as now, we can see if someone is just sitting and not participating. Also, without the damage numbers being the focus, you'll notice players start to participate more by doing pickups, toggling consoles/mechanics, providing shields, supply drops etc. Players will want to be seen as a good team member and compete as such. Again I have seen it in other MMOs without scorecards. Competition is gonna happen, but it needs to be healthy in this team setting. Currently, it is far from healthy, and its been like this for a long long time. I don't care to watch the same things happen to powers, nerf after nerf. I think we are close enough now to balance. All powers can complete content, so cut off the scorecard, focus on team play, and lets make DCUO great again.
    • Like x 5
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

I officially start the movement, #losethecard

Who's coming with me?!?
    • Like x 6
  19. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

This has been brought up so many times the scorecard isnt going anywhere. It is a useful tool when not used to measure "egos". It can show you whos not doing there job in a raid people dont have to be just standing around to not be carrying there wait.
  20. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

I confuse your post with another.

I meant to respond to this

"
    I have no idea how you could claim that other MMO's don't have a team aspect to them."

I never stated other mmos had no team aspect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.