Dear Megzila: Some suggestions for the episode of Aquaman

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SparkmanX, Feb 17, 2018.

1. SparkmanX Committed Player

Dear Megzila: Some suggestions for the episode of Aquaman

Already several weeks ago it was announced that the new episode of DCUO will be based on the character of Aquaman. This announcement has been very welcome and I would like to take the opportunity to contribute in the rain of ideas about possible styles that could appear in this new episode.

The blueprint of styles

I suggest that this episode should present three different styles and a fourth that will appear in the time capsules. This was the scheme they used in AF3 and I think it was one of the best. Then I explain:

The three styles are divided into the following categories
    1-simple style. In AF3 was the Toga
    2-full style. In AF3 was Gorgon Slayer
    3-iconic style. In AF3 was the fallen god.
    4-time capsule style.

Based on this schema I propose that the styles for this episode of Aquaman are the following:

Simple style
    [IMG]
    For the simple style I propose an outfit inspired by the Atlantians and that by the way introduce a new skin with tattoos that can shine and change color imitating the reflection of the sea. It is important that these tattoos are not like Barbarian where the paint covers the face; My expectation is that it is a combination of youthful face and skin tattoos similar to those we see in the cultures of the peoples of Oceania.

Full style.
    [IMG]

for the full style I suggest a style inspired by the Atlantis Generals, where their armors have designs inspired by fish scales. Also coat and hull with marine designs. It is important that this design does not look like remora, rather, the idea is to follow the tonic of a blend of spandex with semi-armor.

Iconic style.
    [IMG]
    for the iconic style I suggest the design that uses the villain Ocean Master, the most up-to-date version. However, the feminine style must be completely different from that of the male. In this sense the feminine style will be inspired by Mera.

Time Capsule
    [IMG]
    for time capsules I suggest you use Tempest most modern design. This style should be short-sleeved and the texture should emphasize a semi-armor formed of powerful marine scales. The design must reflect the costume of a superhero, but with shades of a surfer.

Investigation and collections
    [IMG]
    Investigation and collections are a good excuse to introduce some very appropriate pieces of style for the episode. In this sense I suggest that you offer feet and hands like the Lagoon boy has.
    • Like x 5
  2. majosea Dedicated Player

I would like to add to that idea all weapons in the vendor should be water styled ., not the boring recycled ones we see in game. something like this
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

I think they may have all the styles designed by now, including the TC.
    • Like x 6
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah....hate to bust up this fantasy bubble...but these episodes are planned out months in advance. There's very little that can or will be changed by the time it gets announced. Since they said it's coming out in March, that means we're close to Test Server phase....WAY too late to make these kinds of additions. The Weapons idea (love those styles), might be doable for the Summer seasonal.
    • Like x 7
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Khalon is right, this is about to hit test soon. It takes them months to put together new costume sets so the best you could hope for is some of these ideas for summer. Rumor has it there's a Mera inspired costume coming, which I'm hoping is true.
    • Like x 5
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think the time capsule will probably have to do with Superman and hopefully will have a chest style that lets us put a emblem on it
    • Like x 2
  7. ChillCat Loyal Player

Awesome stylistic sugesstions but, as already noted, Episodes are designed ~6 months prior to release. That said, this could still be useful if Deluge turns out to be a multi-episode arc.
    • Like x 4
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a Superman Anniversary event coming soon
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Aside from being too late in the planning/development style for suggestions like this, if we ladies don’t get any style loving I’ll be severely disappointed. It’s the perfect time to start introducing new female styles, considering they just redesigned Mera’s model :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

I fully agree. I am expecting some form of atlantean-themed styles in the Deluge-episode and if those styles aren't properly designed to fit a female and just end up being the same copy-paste of the male version i'd be highly disappointed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dene Devoted Player

tbh - i'm expecting the opposite. A perfect Mera but a slap dash Male version
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't know, they did a good job with Bombshell Harley minus the issue with the shoes. That style goes hard.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

I loved that style.. and yeah.. the shoes :( - Wanted to wear em with jeans but couldn't... So I used to wear those with the schoolyard shorts.. soooo 90s grunge lol
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm wearing them with Blackhawk pants, stripes are set to same color as shoes. Totally undetectable.
    • Like x 2
  15. Megzilla Developer

We have some really great styles coming up that I think a lot of people will enjoy.
    But yes.. All concepts for upcoming episode were done by November. :p
    • Like x 11
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

LIVESTREAM!! SHOW US ON THE LIVESTREAM! :p
  17. Turnt UP New Player

HOPEFULLY THE VILLAN styles will get some much needed love
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Red Death
    Owlman
    Johnny Quick
    Riddler
    ..... the only Hero inspired costumes we've had after AoJ is Terry's Batman Beyond suit and Alexander Luthor's suit...
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

I agree with both of you! Let's hope they compromise and give us both :D:cool:
    • Like x 1
  20. IcyStone Well-Known Player

will we be able to swim in Atlantis?