Dear Devs..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TomShepard, Jul 26, 2022.

1. TomShepard Active Player

Hi,

I see that SM is now on test server.PLEASE bring back the old styles too(the REAL-enhanced- Kryptonian style,the Trigon style).I know i know those are somewhat exclusive styles but there would be many ways to bring those back!Heck put them in the mp just for the time sm is around and ill buy them(and i guess many others) in a heartbeat!Or you could make it drop in sm content(makes us who need it play too),or you can put them in vendor at the bottom.I know many will now say "dont because its exclsive"-every item/style in game should be obtainable one way or other(otherwise whats the point of Booster gold again?Or the 00vendor?)
    And for those who already have said styles and meant to be xclusive:they had many years of xclusivity already.Again,if you put them in the mp i dont care about the price im opening my wallet!Those are literally the best styles in game!
    Please!

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  2. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

How bout putting the old exclusive style on Marketplace, but to unlock it you need to do the required qualification in order ro buy it?

That way, those who worked hard for it will not be upset about the exclusive style being obtained easily through MP. Newer players also get a chance to get the styles.

I.e. round 10 of SM etc.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Pretty sure you'll find they still get upset lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

More or less upset than those that think they are entitled to the Hack Attack Hoodie even though they weren't here and playing DCUO when we were hacked and SOE shutdown the network for nearly two full months?
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Well to be fair we didn't get the hoodie, but they did re-release the Bat inspired cowl, the Hoodie is next month (kidding) :p

Also, the same level of upset, imagine that OG plasmic aura coming back - just as bad as that, upset.

Some people in this game take their "exclusive" bling especially serious lol

Personally, I don't give a #$%^
    • Like x 3
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That needs to be rephrased. Some people in this game take their "entitlement to any and all items, past and present they did not earn" serious lol

Let's put all the SOE exclusive items from beta on the marketplace, lets put the collectors edition rewards on the marketplace because who cares if you actually bought the collectors edition I should get the batdrone and joker blimp too right? How about the Year 1 Cape even though I didn't play DCUO until 2021, I should be able to buy the Year 1 cape because it looks cool right? How about the EU reward for dealing with Prosabian account transfers? im a NA player but I should be able to buy that despite never having my account transferred right? Put the OG Plasmic/Nimbus/Smoke on the marketplace because why not, it would make money right?
    • Like x 2
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I understand why these threads always come up but at the same time be content with what you have. Pretty sure there are alot of WoW players that would be desperately willing to pay for mounts that don't exist in game and that aren't attainable when I watch Asmongold.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

You can phrase it however you like, my terminology will remain the same, I might add of course, you've done a stellar job proving my point, thanks lol ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. Metallix Active Player

Ill have a ideal instead of us buying gear back to back what about us leveling it up
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Glad I could help out, I exist on these forums to appease you and your leaguemates

I never know the wait and see approach may come to fruition and every style and item dcuo has ever created or rewarded in the past 12 years will be added to the marketplace so players can just buy whatever they want. We'll be able to buy all the SOE Live base items even though SOE doesn't exist anymore. BvsS base items pfft who cares about any legal or licensing barriers lets bring all those back too.
    • Like x 2
  11. SlipperyRichard Active Player

Meh to the dress up request, whatever. Make a large number of players happy.
    How about a way to remove the old content mission? WIth the clamp the thrill of working to be super (ya know the whole premise of the game) is gone. the vast majority of the old content is undoable for lack of participation or impotent with the CR rush.

Oh good, another crash with the while typing this. And with that now I just want some stability to it.
  12. TomShepard Active Player

Uhm,you are talking about something else.I never said lets bring back literally everything.There are some things used to be lets say in time capsules or literally "buy it now its exclusive",so ofc there are items cannot be brought back because ppl literally spent soo much money trying to get those.Im not talking about that.
    What im talking about was specific old styles tied to this event(SM).SM is basically the same event as the antimonitor event.Both comes back 1x a year,and the ONLY difference between the 2 is SM is a lot harder.But SM -at the end of the day- IS just another event(granted,more special,much harder but still).
    All im asking is to bring those items back and gimme a chance to be able to obtain them somehow.HOW is a different topic but as i said there are many options(mp,it can drop at certain rounds,or i can play sm and buy it from vendor).Whicever option we go im sold.This is a cool event which comes back roughly every year.I should be able to buy/get the styles i want/need from this event.And im fine if these only available when sm is around.The vendor already gets updated each year(last year's lightning bolt available again for buying ) thats all i ask for old sm specific items.
    Saying 'be happy with what you have" is easy for you to say because you have the coolest items already.You were able to obtain said items,i'd like that chance too.
    • Like x 1
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Ce type d'événement ne pourrait-il pas également rendre disponible l'emblème de Superman, souvent revendiqué ici ?

Puisqu'il y a maintenant une monnaie avec cet événement, l'emblème ne pourrait-il pas être disponible à chaque retour de cet événement ?

the latter could be available after passing all the runs of a SM.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Survival Mode Season 1, 2 and now 3 is not the Survival Mode you are talking about. They are entirely separate entities with literally the only similarity being the Name until they brought back some of the original bosses for Season 3. You are asking for styles from something that has been completely retired and has zero connection to Survival Mode Season 1-3. The styles were specifically tied to the maps of Oan/Trigon/Fos and HH which have never returned.

I have those items because I earned those items, I was playing the game at the time and was completing SM rounds at the time. There are plenty of players that still played back then who didn't enter SM nor able to complete the R10 rounds to get them.

You and other players could just as easily ask for new styles to be created rather than wanting exclusive legacy styles to come back. The reason I mentioned everything else is because I will fight to not have the precedent set that everything and anything from years past can just be given away for free or for $3 on the marketplace because then what was the point of even playing the game in the past if a player can create a dcuo account in 2022 and get every single reward that ever existed for the past 12 years?
    • Like x 1