DCUO's Destiny.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lokkii, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokkii Committed Player

Dc has had no new challenging content for what seems like decades, so I've been playing the Destiny alpha and as expected from Bungie, its great. Looks like the first true FPS MMO on a console and possibly the best one to date.

I've grown so used to the super easy content we get in DC i was pleasently suprised at the level 6 mission boss you fight had more health and was tougher than any enemy that's been in DCUO since OC. I think DC will lose a ton of players to Destiny, all that will play a FPS that is, the rest will go when ESO or The Division drops. At least those with a little money wil go, those that are strictly free to play and refuse to pay any money will stick with DC for obvious reasons.

Which begs the question, Has SOE givin up on hardcore players assuming they are going to leave reguardless becasue they simply cant comepte with upcoming titles, have they simply accepted their target audience is people that don't want to spend any money, what i call the "super casuals"?

It is nice to see a game, still in alpha, run smoother and better than a game like DC that has been out for 3+ years. Which is crazy since SOE has many MMO's and as far as i know this may be Bungie's first.

I love DC and have played since launch, even with upcoming titles i still intend on playing DC, more casually in between "larger" raid oriented DLC's, but i will promise this, if the raids that have Darkseid are easy, if Darkseid isnt the hardest thing to grace the world of DCUO i'm gone for good.

Survival mode will be fun, but rehased increased health ads will only do so much.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Um... what?

Always be a raid in future content and with the large group content dlcs come around, there will always be at least one "challenging" one.

I'm not sure what the topic's point is at the moment.

Edit, I'm not trying to put you down or anything. For development, there always have to be balance and compromises. We got it and they said we will have what we want in all future DLC structures. Don't base it on DLC10, please.
  3. Ny Batteri Well-Known Player

You can't compare a game like Destiny with DC Universe. Compeltely different genre. Also, Destiny doesnt have the PS3 limitations to consider.
    • Like x 2
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Hyperbole;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

It's not helpful
    • Like x 1
  5. Clip New Player

I would say ESO is by far not that great like everyone ecpected. Destiny will be big, but playing destiny doesnt mean you will never play dcuo again.

I think if the ps3 would have had more MMOs back then, dcuo would be a better game by now.
    Because when there is no competition the devs wont give 100%. When there are other games and dcuo has to shine to survive we will see a better game pretty soon.
  6. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Unfortunately DCUO does and will have for a long time while the next gen pumps out title after title taking away more and more players.

I really am intrigued to see what SOE do if anything with DCUO.

Personally i think they will be more focused on Planetside 2.

IMO DCUO is just too limited at the moment to funnel money into.

So many of us have faith the game will become greatg when PS3 support is dropped but for all we know the contract they have is that DCUO will always have PS3 support meaning it will never ever be what it should be.

Time will tell i guess.

Was DCUO even at E3?
    • Like x 1
  7. Ace1 Dedicated Player

No it wasn't at e3
  8. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

See this is exactly what im talking about.

DCUO was at E3 2010, E3 2011, E3 2012 , E3 2013 and not at this years. o_O

What does this mean in terms of what the game has on offer in the future?

Seems to be nothing that we havent already been shown that still hasnt been released.

DCUO , the official DC MMO backed by giants WB and DC comics wasnt at E3.

Not good at all in my eyes.

The only reason for this i can think is to focus on PLanetside 2 but then that wouldnt make sense.
  9. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Sometimes I wonder how much WB/DC supports dcuo
  10. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

The sky is falling again? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  11. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

ah well bud

the game not being at E3 says it all for me really
    • Like x 1
  12. Little Sister New Player

Wait, but I thought everyone already left when FFXIV came out ?

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You silly goose, everyone left when GTA came out.
    • Like x 3
  14. Ace1 Dedicated Player

DCUO has enough of a fan base to keep it going for a long time, but I want to see it thrive. They need to give people 6 months to get a ps4, then drop the ps3. Think about all the new pretty stuff we'd have :D
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

hey bud the game lacks due to ps3 and the servers. the ps4 runs on the same servers as ps3. this means we all operate on the crapy servers for this game. other mmo ps4 games will not have to deal with this. dcuo is handcuffed. going to just ps4 would hurt profits and not going may hold the game down enough it drowns out.

if they can build survival mode they should be able to re do old raids and have us have 8 to 12 raids a tier. if t6 fos 2 dropped and the t6 version of the prime helm dropped in there how many people would be sick? if you say people would quit, um i dont care. if they quit cause they stink i would rather them play something else.

just remeber we all bought ps3 and liked not having to pay for the servers to play online as xbox had to. well we got what we paid for with the ps 3 servers. it will be better if the game hangs on long enought to out grow ps3
  16. Ace1 Dedicated Player

No no no, everyone left for defiance.
    • Like x 1
  17. DG-MOD-17 New Player

Locking this for being non-constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.