Dcuo potential thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saiyan King, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Saiyan King New Player

This game has so much potential, however mediocracy seems to be its downfall. This should be the thread where we give suggestions to improve the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. That guy New Player

More options to make our toons unique, thats all I've been asking for.
    • Like x 8
  3. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

I'll like to clear what "that guy" said
    I'm hoping that devs will add new options for style our toon ..
    Like a lot of mmo game..
    1 more hair style
    2 more style option ( to be able to remove part of style with another)
    3 face Design option
    Let's us feel epic in game..
    I'm always afraid to see someone with my style..
    • Like x 3
  4. FiveByFive New Player

glad you cleared that up for him ssJoni. lol

guys, sorry, but your posts don't make sense.

more hairstyles is obvious, but what do you mean when you say more style options? do you mean new themes? or just more of what we have? or do you mean you want more pieces to stylize like neck styles or something? 3 face design? i have no idea what you mean by that either. do you mean you want more face options in the skins for CC?

assume the person reading your post has no idea what you're talking about and be specific. if other players are reading your posts and don't get what you mean, Mepps doesn't either and he's the one who reads these posts and brings them to the devs.

if you're not being specific you're not going to get what you want. the devs are not mind readers and don't know what you mean when you say these random requests, unless you get specific. add pictures too. give examples. if you don't do this, you won't get what you want.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Purely my opinion but things I would like to see:

• More content of all types at all levels. Take something simple like T1. Wouldn't it be great if there were say 5 of each type of instance to run, and in each section there was a mix of easy and hard content? That way there would always be something for everyone no matter what their preference and skill level. Maybe the harder stuff allows you to advance your character faster (thus rewarding skill) but the easier stuff will still eventually allow you to advance.
    • Some insanely hard stuff for people who want that (but not compulsory for those who don't). Survival Mode and Elite Raids are a step in the right direction for raiders, maybe something else for Solo, Duo and 4 Man players.
    • Less incentive to skip tiers (more encouragement to go through and do each tier fully on alts), not by punishing players who do skip but by rewarding those who don't.
    • Less focus on the grind and more focus on the challenge/adventure aspect (obviously it can be grindy and probably will, but it shouldn't necessarily feel like a grind) particularly with feats.
    • Incentive for people to make hero and villain alts and experience the entirety of the game.
    • More customization for our characters is always good too.
    • Continued adjustment of powers. I'd like for anyone to be able to make the character they want without having to go somewhat cookie cutter in their approach. If you want to make a Flash type character or a Kryptonian or a Black Canary type or a character that just focuses on their weapon (without having to use another weapon as in WM), I'd like for that to be possible.
    • Like x 2
  6. Vyltran Loyal Player

Don't be mad at him. He just want more options for toons characteristics..

- More skins & many more custom styles to avoid monotony. That's all..
  7. That guy New Player

I did that countless times and I got ignored if I was lucky or lashed at for ...(no idea)... ? This community is not really open for cosmetic changes, all they care about is pew-pew.

What I meant is simple. More skins, more hair styles, more casual wear, customisable movement modes. (this is actually on its way)
    But, really, I'm open for anything, even the smallest changes to differentiate ourselves from each other.
    • Like x 2
  8. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

Srry for my language I'll try explain -

I mean more hair style to buy or to custom alone
    And to give us an option to "play " with our style today, example:
    The chest of 100cr pvp without The shirt in side the jacket
    And the last option it's to give us to design our toon face

Ps: I'll to see also
    Movement/armoires color/ power style
  9. Enzan Committed Player

I'd like to see the "Cash cap" thread suggestions come to an agreement. They should just have PSN+ owners get the small increase, or have their escrow refill their on hand cash every time they use it for repair bills.

But I won't make another thread about it.

---------------

In other news, I think our customization is great, besides hair choices. We need A LOT more hair choices. Oh, and separate facial hair with head hair. It's really pointless to scroll down a list of styles, only to find out it's a previous style with a previous facial hair style.
    • Like x 1
  10. Saiyan King New Player

So we can all agree customization could use a overhaul.
    • Like x 1
  11. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Power type skins
    • Like x 4
  12. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

Btw..
    Assume person who read your post realize That you're Respect and communication between Ppl are bad ..
    Maybe I need to practice about my Writing but I prefer that then Not respect ppl
    • Like x 1
  13. FiveByFive New Player

assuming someone doesn't know what you're talking about is not disrespectful. i'm the only one who lives in my head and unless i tell you what i mean, you're not going to know what i mean. someone can assume they know what i mean but that's usually a mistake. i guarantee you that each person who read your posts thought you were asking for something totally different from what you meant.

based on what you guys have been posting, if i was a dev on this game i would just shrug my shoulders and say, "we've got all that already. job's done." and walk away to enjoy my coffee. you can be unclear if you want but it won't help you get what you want added to the game.

it depends what you're talking about. sometimes people think something is easy or cosmetic but it's not easy or it's got functional implications. so if that's true, you'll get noise back from posters.

that said, yeah it's not fun posting in here at times. but if you want the features you have to speak up. :) the devs really don't know how important cosmetic stuff is to players in this game because not enough people speak up and tell them.
  14. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

Ok cool thx.
    Did u understand the second post ?
  15. Saiyan King New Player

Perhaps add mechanics to the combat been the same for 4 yrs. Most games add stuff yrly
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

Agreed with both That Guy and Joni, Customiaztion in how our character's design could use a improvement, not trying to sound cruel or anything but I just don't understand why we haven't got a word from \any of the developers about this problem.

As Op stated this game has so much potential the fact that it's based on the Heroes/Villains we grew up reading about, The main issues with this game it is deeply limited in expressing what powers your character has, what role they play, why are 2 powers put in 1? like Shapeshifting and Nature, Destiny and summoning lol, you guys could've made so much more money if powers were exclusively seperate, Lets not talk about movements which should've varied on much wider scale, and why isn't teleportation applied to the existing powersets, Mental, Sorcery, and Celestial, most NPC's with these abilities teleport.

PvP issues need fixing like breakouts, stuns, dominance still sucks, and the sticky counter mechanics.

Mental imo was fun and enjoyable pre GU17, ever since illusory form was removed Mental has lost the authentic Martian Manhunter appeal, but now it's just all about damage, all I hear about Mental is low damage and so on, but never about RP mechanics such as Illusory form or a tunneling similar to Quantum. This game has "lost most of it's potential when they added 1 hit killing mechanics."
  17. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

User generated content: ability to create some small scale indoor instances they can share with anyone, ability to add some text and basic cutscene using game's emote. No reward except what is possible to be traded.
    • Like x 2
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Only 1 problem, PS3 limitations and small dev team.
  19. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Not a valid excuse and its a beaten excuse already. Please stop.

I'd like to see more immersive combat systems similar to what other games have (like the mmos that have cutscenes for certain moves/attacks), hearing that Serum might have a grappling mechanic to it sounds like a step in the right direction for the combative side of the game for sure.

Next up would be stylization of the game as a whole. I'm sure with how technology is coming, they could rebuild the game from the ground up on a separate server with more functions than possible in the current one we have now while this one is run as usual until its complete.

I'd also like to see the iconic tree be revamped, because as it is now only 2 powers are useful worth anything and the only other reasons to spec into it are for the innates.
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

• Seconded on splitting hair and facial hair into two different categories.(I suppose you'd call it hair and Face? Then the current face section renamed "Mask"?)
    • Exploration adventure based content, something where most of the challenge comes from basic platforming skills and avoiding/disarming the traps in order to progress... Where we feel like a super powered Indiana Jones for overcoming the challenge.
    • Scavenger hunt missions where you have to find the thing which is hidden in a random spot somewhere on the trap filled map.(This would work well for a competitive PvE map where you have heroes and villains looking for the same thing and who-ever finds it first wins... It's PvE so the environment is dangerous enough on it's own to make sticking together as a group a good idea... I'd Say Stat clamping on anyone above the recommended CR range should be mandatory here since it is competitive.)
    • More obstacles: Nothing ultra complex or groundbreaking... Just some basic things like the classic death pit, or the odd puzzle that hurts/one-shots you when you get it wrong, fake treasure/McGuffin nodes that are really traps(To go with the above suggested scavenger hunt missions), keys that need finding to clear the path...
    • Hidden bonus loot nodes to reward players for paying attention to their surroundings.(That can be mixed in with random fake loot nodes)
    • Secrete loot nodes that spawn only when hidden bonus objectives are completed.(Perhaps even as a reward for choosing to complete a given feat again after you've already collected the feat points for it, as a means to add replay value to doing feats. Naturally hidden bonus loot is subject to weekly loot lock too for those who discover it.)
    • Secrete bonus bosses that spawn only when hidden bonus objectives are completed.
    • Make base mods tradeable.(I don't really understand why they're not... It was kind of a bummer to get a mod that granted a boost to my Trolls healing powers when it would have been far more useful to a healer but having no way of giving/selling/trading it to someone who would have more use for it than me... Did you guys learn nothing from all the complaints about role specific gear drops?)
    • Easter eggs to find.
    • Timed content objectives... By timed content I mean you're handed an objective and need to complete it before time runs out. Maybe it's central to the success of failure of the content.(Like repairing the damaged life support system on a space station before it fails completely and kills you.), maybe failure would just make the content longer(Like not reaching the com tower in time to call off the carpet bombing of the area, so not only are you now taking damage from the bombing, but you have to find an alternate path because said bombing closed off the shorter path to where you needed to get to.) or maybe failure makes the content generally harder to complete too.(Like you need to deliver a heart to a doctor so as to save the life of someone important and thus ensure that some friendly NPCs show up to help you out of gratitude... Or maybe if you're a bad guy you need to deliver some weapons to some allies so they are willing to fight along side you...)
    • General more all around grand adventures... Each instance should feel and play out like an adventure from both a game-play and narrative standpoint.(And not every moment of said adventure needs to be filled with fighting... Give us some breathing room...
    • Destructible Sparring targets scattered about in content as an alternative to trash mobs for those times when you absolutely need players to build supercharge, but don't feel like handing them health barrels and trash mobs don't quite fit with the scenario of the instance... (I'm even suggesting that these sparring targets be dressed up as random props)
    • "Stealth" missions.(Missions where the who challenge is finding ways to skip past the adds or take them down quickly before their enrage timer runs out) Now they don't necessarily kill you when their enrage timer runs out, but they are tough enough that the enrage timer on at least one of them will go off if you aggro too many of them at a time... Each time an enrage timer goes off something in the environment changes to make completing the instance harder, ranging from the adds spawning backup that you must now also kill, to new objectives that block you from completing the primary objective, to objectives disappearing entirely(Namely the objectives that would give you loot disappearing entirely.) That's right, I'm suggesting that in the stealth mission that if you fail the stealth part too many times you end up walking away with nothing.
    • Like x 1