DCUO Mobile App

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingmonkey, Mar 10, 2021.

1. kingmonkey Active Player

I saw on the game's Discord, someone was asking about DCUO being ported to mobile. While I do not think that could work, it did get me thinking of the Pip-Boy app for Fallout 4. Would it be possible to create an app that interacts similarly for DCUO? Let you look at your inventory and styles, your collections and briefings, etc. from a mobile device?

I've never used the Pip-Boy app, so I'd like to know how well it works, and does anyone think a similar app for DCUO would be worthwhile?
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Probably wouldn't be possible to optimize the game to mobile with the game engine they're using. I'm taking a wild guess here.
    I could of swore they were developing an app companion for the game. I think it was canned after they left SOE?
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There was a companion app released many years ago, I want to say maybe around 2014 or 2015 but I'm not 100% sure. It had a couple of the features you mentioned, and the ability to talk in league voice chat was there but not enabled from what I can remember. It was soft launched without really being announced and work on it was discontinued shortly after.

This is all going from my own memory so details may be inaccurate. No idea why it was scrapped. It would have been a very good little tool imo.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They were developing a companion app back when Daybreak was SOE but it was never officially published.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Other than the means to communicate when away from the game, which is well covered now with Discord, PSN chat, Steam chat or any other various tools we have but might not have had in 2014, I'm not sure what could be added that would be of great value. Reading mail, maybe...or chiming in on in game chats I suppose but anything cash or item related (like trading or using the bank/broker) would surely find a way to be exploited and I'd doubt they'd go so far as make the phone app a playable game. I guess looking at feats and styles and such would be handy once in a blue moon...but really how often?

I'd guess the idea will not gain much traction with DBG (as it was abandoned long ago), but hey...I don't see it hurting either.