[DCUO Live] dcuolive.com Shutting Down September 14th, 2018

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sore, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

used it for the census option. dont think any other one had the same detailled feature to display
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You site has been extremely helpful! Thanks for all that effort.
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

Hate hate hate.

Just because all you got were "can I have your stuff" replies when you left doesn't justify your salt to someone who.... ya know, actually contributed to the game more than just 100k whatever club forum participation lol.

Not too late tho. You could still make it big for the current dcuo(LMAO) community we have now and show them the ultimate cheese and glitches, then when you decide to leave again they'll praise your work.

I mean I'll talk $hit about you, but you know. Cant be successful without those types :)
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Later man.

Can't believe no one has asked this. Send me your ingame money. ;) lol
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

GL. All the best.
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I've already admitted to misreading the original post. Why can't people here scroll down first before automatically responding to the first reply they see?
    • Like x 1
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

DcuoLive was a website.

Lol
  8. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I already know that.
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

It was a website....

Lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

And now he's on ignore.
    • Like x 2
  11. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Sore,.....thank you. You truly are a gentlemen, and your contributions have been tremendous for us. I hold out hope that one day you will return bearing further gifts of goodwill. Until then, it was an honor.
  12. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

dcuoLive was unique; allowed searches for items: which included various things like styles or legends character. Sore, maybe consider putting the code in GitLab or Github to see if someone will take it on.

Glad to see you hold fond memories of the game. --And good luck, keep gaming.
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

The database, not the code, is the motherlode - since the revamp, all gear pieces for Head, Shoulders, etc. of level X are identical - what Sore has is the Styles, and who drops it - anything else can be calculated for no-OP drops. It will need normalisation, cleaning, and generally sprucing up, but that is what he has.
  14. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

I've never seen Sore's code so I have no idea what kind of backend he uses (if any at all), so I'm not going to jump into conclusion about that database comment.

Where in dcuolive does it show Who Drops an item?

Cap Cold Hoodie (example)

Other sites like the wiki, are user manually submitted of who/where things drop.

My original comment about what was good in the code is that Sore explored the ITEM part of the API. WaveDox, dcuoBlog few of the other popular sites mainly just focused on character / league / feat lookups. In the API. The search in ITEM made things easier. Yes ITEM can still get extracted from the API, but someone did put in the effort to code that stuff in.

If you're implying who drops the item; then that means they're exposing NPCs and their loot table? I'm not aware of Daybreak exposing that all, unless you have a sample API query that can show otherwise.

Below is the list of root level for dcuo endpoint.
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

DCUO Live used to report back more *and* less than the raw, unlinked data that it does now. As you can see, there's no style or drop info there - and a lot of the raw data is visible that didn't used to be. You're looking at a query to a single table, with none of the linked info available anymore :(.