Dcuo is starting to fall apart with the cr.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkscarletx Loyal Player

The more cr we get, the more glitch and bug we will see in lower contents with everything being killed too quickly.
    I saw a lot of glitches because some players give full power at 160 and made the instance disband because of it.

What will you do devs when we will have too many bugs and cr too high for T1, T2?
    • Like x 1
  2. Senko Committed Player

Rejoice since it'll keep the high CR's out of low level content without them needing to deal with the clamping issue?
    • Like x 2
  3. Baby Sister Committed Player

This is my own opinion that I suggest that the Developers should focus more on PVP now since they been giving us a lot of PVE content because I've been on CR 100 on PVP for like a year (exaggeration) or focus more on Level like level 30 CR 160 ? Lol confusing much. I honestly miss the comic strips they use to add it gave the game more flavor meh... Again my opinion :)
    • Like x 4
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

They will still come for feats, styles and even me just for the fun of running them. But the more cr we get, the more the game will be broken. I can use my weapon but eventually the higher cr, just a tap will make all bosses down and glitch.

But that's me. Others will use full power.
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Cant even run BIA anymore because of CR differential being too OP for the mission. You cant even enjoy old content anymore due to how wacky CR differential makes you.
    • Like x 7
  6. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Feels the same way too.. It will become worse the more episodes we get. 164 in a few weeks, after 168, 200. It will be too much now.

The more I see where the game is going, the more I think stat flattening might be a good thing for the game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

The simplest and easiest solution is stat clamping since this will continue to be a problem even if CR (gear) gains are lessened. Even in a direct stat system this will remain an issue. But in general players will cry and scream about not wanting stat clamping so the practical solution is live with it? o_O

In order to change this behaviour programmatically it would entail a host of AI and "defeat flag" fixes. Certain mechanics may need to be changed since not all bosses necessarily "complete" when their Health reaches zero or special events are supposed to happen at X Health. If those events can't happen due to a massive spike in damage (what may be referred to as phase shifting in other games) then the fight won't complete properly.

This is why stat clamping is the better option in case anyone wanted to counter my suggestion with "well just fix the boss fights."
    • Like x 5
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I could be wrong but isn't that the point of progression in a mmo? Minus the glitches
    • Like x 6
  9. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

People are beginning to see.

Sooner or later in the future some form a clamping will need to take effect. CR increasing VERY fast with monthly episodes.

I hate the thought of it too. Yet I have no doubt in my mind some form of clamping will happen in the future. Very much so before or when we touch 200 CR.

Will be near 150+ the combat rating required for Tier 2's & 3"s at 190-200CR. Fathom the amount of damage we will cause to low tiers.

I don't want it to happen; yet i'm damn sure in the future clamping will began. Or will be ripping through maps so face causing unintended bugs.

Hell if you kill Arkillo or Kilowog too fast in Tier 1 City Hall Duo without following the intended mechanics. The Barrier won't fall and you can't enter the finial room with Sinestro and John Stewart. It will get worst each low tier as we reach higher CR.
    • Like x 1
  10. bartngaue Well-Known Player

Stat clamping isn't coming back. The game is too old for it. Our mentality of bang bang your dead in old content has been cemented for several years. Undoing it a financial risk the devs learned in gu47 and hazard that same bet. At this point this game is geared where the money is at and that end game. Attatched at dps updates. Power respec token sales. Rng loot.

Lets be real about it. For starters, only thing going for this game is the DC brand. And thats it.

With that said...devs game plan to focus on the future content and pushing the heard forward is working and doing fine. For how long i dont know, but i know its a ride that last longer than stat clamping.
    • Like x 3
  11. darkscarletx Loyal Player

That's not how FFXIV do it and they have a lot more players than we have in dcuo. They are structured.
    • Like x 3
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Time to change or maybe people want to see their favorite game disappear. And Gu47 wasn't anything about clamp. They just changed the cr and made one universal mark. Only thing people hate about GU47 is the mark relevancy and the cr differential.
    People are scared of clamp because of seasonal but it doesn't have to be like the seasonal.

But anyway, even if people don't want it, the higher cr we will get, it will get worse each episodes. Or maybe people don't care. They play the game because they love it? Don't they want it to improve and stop hidding their heads in the sand? People will always run lower contents making bugs and killing everything too fast. The devs need to think of a solution for that future of dcuo.
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Wrong? After expansion hit they took off stat clamps on older content. A lvl 60 can do a lvl 15 dung not clamped.

So I ask again isn't that the point of progression
    • Like x 1
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

"Coming back"? What? It was never here before the PvP and seasonals were like that. LOL! :rolleyes:

I mean the only reason it is not implemented game-wide is because players bitched and moaned that they don't want to "feel weaker." Seasonal after seasonal players complain about taking the relatively short time to complete just a seasonal instance.

However if you want a sense of participation and practically no "bugs caused by damage" then stat clamping is you answer.

But you're right DCUO has lasted 5 years (and many more in development) simply because of the DC Comics brand and not because people actually like playing the game. If mean if that's the case than Warner Bros better start pumping out spinoff MMO's or open world online games to match their broadcast content of DC Comic characters.
    • Like x 1
  15. Chazarr Level 30

Progression is what you make of it. GW2 doesn't have this awful power spike that we have here, Everyone is clamped. That game is arguably among the top 3 populated mmos.

Progression for me is unlocking new content to play, Not going back to smash through content i've already completed even easier than the first time. That's just me though, I understand progression for some other people might be going back to low level zones to smash trash mobs.

It boils down to what the devs want progression to be, Progressing to new episodes or simply hitting harder in lower content. I would assume it's the former.
    • Like x 2
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

People don't want stat clamping because the one thing they've stat-clamped shows the devs don't know what they want with stat clamping. There are feats in the Seasonals that are near impossible to pug now because of clamping. The devs have said there was content they originally wanted to be able to be passed at entry. How would they clamp that? Moreover, this whole "clamp before OP characters break the game" is a long way from what most champions of clamping ask for, which is generally some kind of elitist entry level only CR/stats approach.
    • Like x 1
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Stop CR progression at all, bring progress points and content-wise progression. Will deal with new players skipping lots of content while reaching "teh best gear" and then complain about not having enough to do. Bringing new content that is designed to be clamped is optional (but should be done cuz that way new players and old players can go into missions together directly, giving the vets a chance to keep the noobs from picking up "ill-advised" game approaches early in the game), but: clamping existing content will simply rise new issues. It can work even without getting rid of CR differential (that process is stalled/side-lined ATM anyway if I got that right) and making SP matter more by giving a percentage based bonus instead of static stat boosts.

Directly for clamping designed content can easily be the most balanced and challenging content this game has ever seen. As for the content skipping: the current content should be structured themewise, so people can stil skip a couple of DLCs (otherwise premium players would probably feel "scammed") but within a theme, it should be piece by piece (finish Fight for the Light before entering War of the Light I etc). Use the new designed-for-clamping content to feel the holes, make the rewards worth it for both high and low CR players while not boosting the low CR players instantly up with just one drop etc. DCUO - especially because of the rich DC lore and thus possible content - could despite being 5 years old turn into a great game with lots of stuff to do if the devs could decide to finally go content and quit on pushing the rat race. If the clamping is designed to just clamp the gear, but not the percentage based SP created boni, players would easily accept SP as being an important part of the progression.

Further: if there is worthwhile clamped content, the download progress could be changed to having access to WT/HoD and the clamped content as soon as the servers are back up and the fix-related part of the update is installed, downloading the new maps per episode in the back, as every player could then run some stuff (instead of waiting for some instable 3GB download that breaks down every now and then like the rest updated did). Just one example of possible further benefits generated by clamping-done-right ;)
    • Like x 3
  18. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I read a post earlier where someone commented that only about 10% of the games players are members of the forums. Well, if about only 20% of forum members feel as though content needs to be clamped, then that is a very small player base.

Now someone will say that most of the people in the game want stat clamping. Well you would be wrong. I have played older content tons of times just for the lulz. Every time I do I have been courteous and asked the lower level player if they would like me to slack back some, or make it a fast run. I have never been told to slack back. Every single time I have been asked to make it a fast run. For content that bugs, I use weapons so the game doesn't hang, but that's it.
    • Like x 2
  19. Senko Committed Player

Just thought I'd mention twice today I was standing around ace chemicals (first time was sorting gear before logging out, second time was running a number of solo instances for feats) with a few hours between them. Both times a random low level sent me a ninja invite. Neither time did they say anything and the second person just seemed to be flying around but the first one promptly went into ace chemicals. Them CR 48, me 160 I don't think they wanted me there for the challenge nor do I think they'd have been happy to find me clamped to a similar level.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To be fair that's sort of the alternative people are suggesting to avoid the clamp. Walk in teleporter for all instances.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.