DCUO has lost its appeal, anyone else agree?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thorn_EUPS3, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Since the last laugh I would say yes, the final nail for me though was the pvp update, severely limited map choices coupled with weekly lockouts shoved in our faces as an "Upgrade" was just too much for me to continue supporting this team of devs or the game. They had a lot of fluff regarding pvp at their convention but it sounded exactly like the fluff prior to the last laugh to me, I doubt any of it will ever come to fruition or what does wont be anything near what they presented. At t his point I play maybe 1-2hrs per week.
    • Like x 1
  2. kingmasternova Loyal Player

o yes now if u r on the internet
  3. Couzintony New Player

Power girl is the best loading screen! But I do want more than the 5...
    • Like x 1
  4. Breakforce Loyal Player

No that is no excuse.

Words mean things. Sentences can be used to form those words into a coherent thought.

I fully reserve the right to judge individuals based on their lack of ability to properly use either of those two concepts.
    • Like x 5
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

When you leave, can I have your stuff?
    • Like x 2
  6. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I don't want to be mean or anything, but this is quite a pointless thread. There will always be players who love some parts of the game, others who hate it. Some who love magic, others who hate magic, some who love lanters, some who hate lanterns, some who love pvp, some who hate it, some who get burned out, some who will play 23 hours a day and wish they didn't have to sleep so they could keep playing.

This exact title for a thread comes up about every 2-3 weeks, and it has come up about every 2-3 weeks since i started following almost 2 years ago. In fact to some people dcuo lost it's appeal in beta, others say when it went f2p, and you can probably find this exact same thread talking about how GU # w/e or DLC # w/e made people lose interest.

At the same you'll also fnd threads saying the exact opposite, how amazing the game is and how much this GU or that DLC is the best ever! (well except for hand of fate, and last laugh ofc :p )

And you'll find posts like mine saying how useless these threads are. None of those change anything, people come, people go, and the game keeps on chugging along. Devs care much less about these silly threads than about what people do with their wallets. And 90% of players I've met in game, don't ever use the forums even though they pay.

So thanks for sharing your thoughts, you're entitled to an opinion, but you're most definitely not re-inventing any wheels, bringing world peace or reaching the moon. Hope you have fun in whatever you do next, until that too, loses it's appeal of course ;)
  7. kingmasternova Loyal Player

WRONG!!!

POINT BLANK!!!
  8. Breakforce Loyal Player

No I am pretty certain what I said was absolute truth.

If you suggesting that a sentence is not a series of words put together in a way that communicates a thought, well I just don't know what to say to you. Maybe go read a book or something.

If English is not someone's first language, and that is why they have issues, that is one thing. Otherwise if they are just too lazy/stupid to make actual coherent posts, then I have no time for that
    • Like x 6
  9. Zim New Player

The Devs did this to us by trying to reinvent the wheel with every update. Just give the community what they want every now and then and you would be surprised what it can do.
  10. villian O5 New Player

Usually if a teacher lets you do rants it would be in your journal or something. They don't care about walls of text or anything.
  11. LV~ New Player

I logged in for the sole purpose of giving your statement a vote of support for this statement.
  12. WonderValkyrie New Player

been playing the game for over 2 years so of course there are times i lose interest and step away for awhile but dlcs like the upcoming amazon fury keeps me excited and subscibed to this game. I dont play as much now i only get on to do the trigon dailies,maybe run the alert to save up marks for the new gear but other than that i am done until they add the new loot system to the older content bosses, gates especially.
  13. Whiteroom New Player

No, he's right.

Almost all of what you write is skipped over due to it being incoherent jibberish. Unless of course I want to have a sad laugh at the current state of communication. Letters, words, and sentences are meant to go in a proper order to get your point across. Your posts look as if someone is bashing your face into the wall while you type.

And I'm not even a grammar ****...
  14. Sjxz New Player

OMG CONTENT TOO EASY!!

OMG CONTENT TOO HARD!!!

Make up your mind FFS....
  15. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

It is impossible....

Some of the community loves new loot system... Some hate it... So what does the community want??

Some of the community loves the challenge in the t5 raids... Some hate it... So what does the community want??

Some of the community hates the new pvp... Some people like it (I like it).. So what does the community want??

There is no clear "community wants" out there.. It's split... What ever changes they make will upset people but make others happy... They have done plenty of changes "the community" wanted, which includes the pvp changes... However which ever direction they go will upset people and the QQ threads about "this isn't what we wanted" will pop!! Lastly, every change idea that people have just isn't possible...

I'll use pvp map changes as an example.. With 2000 people queing for pvp..
    Example: before pvp changes: QQ - ques are too long... Or - my group always are 4 dps, we need a better match making system...
    Example: pvp changes - limit the amount of maps... So if 2000 people are queuing, instead of queing for 16maps... Limit it to 6 maps so now ques pop faster since more people are queing for e specific map u are doing (problem solved)..
    Now, out of the 2000 queing, 150 are trollers, 150 are healers and 150 are tanks.... That leaves 1550 dps... Now since maps are limited we have a bigger pool of roles to group up with (problem solved)

Now the QQs are "oh limited maps is a money scheme!!"!! Wrong, we asked for smaller ques and better matchmaking... How else did u think would happen? Contemplate, how do u get 2000 people stuffed in 16 maps and less than 25% of the pool of players are off role, in a reasonable amount of time with the proper roles in group??? Do u have a magic code that can fix this?

The devs do what they can with what they have!! And alot of decisions they make are based on what the "community wants"...
  16. Whiteroom New Player

Are you saying the entire community has to agree unanimously on the challange of the content.
  17. Entity Committed Player

Seeing as i couldnt read all that and have still been playing dcuo for 2yrs and going strong. I think the answer is dcuo has more appeal thanna rant does
  18. akaivy Dedicated Player

I guess I am a fangirl. I love DCUO. I love the new DLC. I love running around taking out my daily frustrations by killing artificial people and pushing buttons excessively. I love chatting with league mates and friends and even strangers while playing the game. Heck, I've started doing PVP just for the feats and I'm starting to like that more than I used to.

If it has gotten to be too much of a job for you to play then you should quit. I am not sure why announcing your resignation to the members of this forum seems to be mandatory, but a lot of people do it so I'll keep it in mind should I decide to quit the game.

Oh, and if I quit, don't ask for my stuff. I'll be keeping it because I know I'll be back. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. WorldsDown New Player

For me, the appeal was lost just before the Gotham Wasteland content went live... then my appeal increased. I like playing this game now more than ever!
  20. One Shot New Player

lol i too don't like the invisible one shots on the last guys in nexus, you would think they would have fixed such simple bugs by now, the animation happens, we moved from the shields and bamm one shot, i can also live with some bugs but for such an important one, its just not right, it shows they don't give a @@@@ about us, the game, seems like since the spammer and crappy plasmic aura crap made them a load of cash they could give a dam anymore