DCUO Game Manual

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Great Architect, May 25, 2018.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Let's face facts. This is possibly the least informative Game Manual you could hope to find - for any game. Even Atari Pong has a better manual.

Is anybody interested in creating a user-written Manual for the game that doesn't include loadouts, opinion, or old information - but does include everything you need to know to learn about your non-DPS Role, R&D, Feats, Stats... basically everything that's missing from the above document?
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Wait, this game has a manual? I never even knew that.
    • Like x 1
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

Well.. it *does*, and it *doesn't*, if you've read it.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

"You may create up to 8 characters on your account". Was that ever a thing?
    " Learn to use combos from hints in-game". BWAHAHAHAHA!
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

6. Great Architect Loyal Player

7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

There was a brady games dcuo guide. it wasnt that much more informative than the pamphlet above. it went over powers and weapons, gave some basic mmo tips and included walk throughs for a couple of missions (i think it was hive moon base and grilla city).
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've never come across an MMO that came with an actual manual, but considering the amount of stuff they can pack into an MMO (and how much is added after launch) it's not really worth it.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

http://dcuobloguide.com
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/oracle’s-database-guides.16/
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

FANDOM.....the place for wikis to almost everything has one for DCUO. You can pretty much find a wiki for almost every game that you can find. If I don't find something there, you can also try ign.com
  11. Saami Loyal Player

Worlf of warcraft and Everquest 2 had good manuals back in 2005 when i bought them. There was everything you need to know about starting your adventure.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DCUO's wiki is meh.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

City of Heroes had a game manual published by Prima Games; there was enough info in that book to get you started. The game also had a 3 ring binder that had some game info in it, but it wasn't as much as the book had.

In my opinion, player-created websites for game info and updates are always better than any wiki or in-game information links.
  14. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Probably more informative than the actual manual.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

That was in the box with the physical launch discs. Those things have to be proofed/printed, etc quite a bit before ship date to get packaged. MMOs change, even at the last minute. It's no surprising it was a little vague and currently out of date.
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Game manuals don't work for MMOs. They change too much, never static. Hell it's probably the reason regular games rarely get extensive game manuals anymore. Thanks to the internet and it's patches, nothing ever stays how it was when it was released.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

True.