DCUO Expansion Thoughts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ash Inferno, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

The game needs a massive expansion. By expansion I mean an entire city or two, not just a few square blocks. They should raise the level cap to allow for new powers in all power trees, plus an entirely new quest line and mentor quest line as well.

The game has become stale, sure we get DLC's here and there but it's not the same. Running the same few dailies erm.... daily... regardless of your cr just gets to be more of a chore than actual fun. The game is called DC Universe not DC Metropolis & Gotham. There are just so many worlds and/or cities we could explore and a few city blocks in an Op or alert/raid just don't cut it. In 6 years this game should have been expanded 2 or 3 times already.

Oh yeah, fix pvp. Bring back the rps system and role gear as well as lower the cost of said gear. I don't want to get into a pvp thing here cuz the list just goes on and on and on sooo... moving on.

Anyroads, these are just some random thoughts from a random player that misses the captivating gameplay that used to be DCUO. Peace & Love y'all:cool:
    • Like x 4
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I would love a massive expansion. But, I also know that the reality makes in unlikely to say the least. With how people complain after just a 3 months, or sometimes even sooner, I find it hard to believe anyone would be willing to wait for that kind of an expansion.

If they could make it happen though, it would be glorious.
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

If Central City were larger......
    a few more blocks, with more NPCs of that tier....
    Perhaps more spawn locations for the CC bounties.....
    Perhaps more npcs... would they provide loot different from existing npcs?
    Cities.... existing design is, its useful to pre level 30 characters. Get above level 30? CC, Wastelands, and some limited versions of altered city areas.

this is not an adventurer friendly game. it was a design decision. Maybe one more accommodating to a single player game with DLC, but still a decision.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Unfortunately, this is not going to happen.

First of All, CR has always been the leveling since you got to level 30 since launch. They aren't going to raise the cap because that requires them to completely change everything from the ground-up as far as progression goes.

The way gear and SP affect progression has been the standard, and quite frankly it'd be too much for them to change it since this game is 6 years old now.

At that rate I'd probably have dcuo 2 like some folks have been asking for, instead of adding leveling and altering complete progression.

Mentors and new Storyline quest. Not against it, but like I said with the CR system it's become too old.

Personally Speaking I'd like us to be able to change mentors and factions based on what actions we do, think of a Morality system if you will.

Doing bad things leans you towards a Villain.
    Doing good things leans you towards Hero.
    Doing a mixture of both makes you a Rogue, or Legend(depending on what the community prefers, I like rogues myself)

Content, open worlds, powers, and repetitive nature.

Open Worlds in my opinion need to get used more often, they have plenty of great areas like Central City, The Trigon Gotham, and other places that could be expanded and used upon; but they're only used every so often.

As far as them actually making New Maps, I doubt that will be a thing unless you know they drop the PS3 as everyone's been clamoring for that to happen.

I don't want to see the Developers add any new powers unless they become useful, take a look on what's on Live: With AM's we barely use any powers.

Running the same content does get repetitive and Stale for Sure, but that's a common MMO problem because your usually stuck running the same content over and over until the developers do another Expansion or DLC, whatever you wanna call it.

in my personal opinion, if the game feels stale to you; you should take a break or make an alt.

PVP:
    No comment, As much as it needs to be fixed there's no plans to do so as Jack Emmert confirmed in January's livestream.
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

These are the things you need to consider when thinking about cities the size of Metro and Gotham.

1. Time
    It would take too long to create full sized cities and work on new content at the same time because they don't have the man power.
    2. Man power
    They don't have the man power because they don't have the budget to hire tonnes more artists etc.
    3. Budget
    They don't have the budget because they simply don't have enough to invest in something that won't make them money in a timely fashion.

Now these aren't facts but its something to think about. Creating new cities would take months and thats just on the 3D side of things. Missions and actual content is another thing. With how much time and money that would go into it they would be better off just making a sequel and release in in 5-6 years.
  6. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I would expect that a massive expansion could take years even, which is why I thought maybe only 2 or 3 expansions could've been possible in the last six years.
  7. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well I don't think raising the level cap will be that hard after the stat matter update, I was in fact hoping that was the direction they were going with that. Hit level 40 = learned whatever fire power (fiery whips maybe;)), and of couse more feats and sp progression.

I like your thoughts on the faction thing. It would definitely create some diversity to the game.