Dcuo desperately needs new powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Remi King, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Remi King Active Player

Hello all I’ve been on a break for six months and just came back earlier this week, I’ve been enjoying the Halloween event cause it takes me back a few years and gives me a lot of nostalgia. The new raid is amazing and I felt like a 6 month break was enough to get me to start playing again, I was just about to pull out my wallet and buy membership and a power respec token because I’m bored to death with electricity when I realized that there are no powers that interest me anymore, I have been every power in the game except for nature, mental and sorcery. The problem is, the power of my toon is very, very important to me and if there is no power that I want to play then I’m not gonna play. Please release new powers or atleast update the current ones so players like me don’t lose interest and quit all together.
    • Like x 4
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Whys it need more powers though? What's wrong with the healing, trolling, and tanking side of powers we have currently that a new set of 3 powers would be worth giving up a year + of content for? I'll wait.
    • Like x 6
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

By your own admission you just came back from a break, how about you play what is here before requesting new powers be made?

And what do you mean 'the power of my toon' I'm assuming you mean damage output? If so nature can easily surpass electric.
    • Like x 5
  4. Solarbound Committed Player

DCUO desperately needs a lot more than new powers -_-
    • Like x 14
  5. Marek Committed Player

I dont necessarily think we need new powers but I do think some powers need a visual update.
    • Like x 11
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm not exactly for new powers but it might be nice if they added more moves to the powers load out. It gets boring being pigeon holed into the same loadout cause there isn't any room for anything and the power is limited. I'd expect we'd get some new moves by now. Just being stuck in the most OP loadout gets old quick. I guess I'm asking for another Powers revamp or balancing in this case but simply not editing current powers but adding more effects.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fwames Well-Known Player

OP just wanna say that there is no powerset to match his toon's cosplaying needs and is losing his interest to the game because he can't roleplay with the current powersets
    • Like x 3
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I would be happy with an expansion on existing powersets.
    • Like x 8
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Then we can have a stats revamp 2.0 when everything is thrown off balance cause something is too OP.

Let's do it!
    • Like x 4
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I'm down! I'm starting to get back into testing.
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is exactly it, there is not a single intelligent argument that can be made for the introduction of a new powerset.
    • Like x 4
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

OP isn't referring to cosplaying at all. If you're the type of player who doesn't care about the power they use and just want to damage stuff, then well, you'd be satisfied with anything at all -- even sticking with the 6 launch powers.

... But a good variety of powers that are common to the genre are very important to fans of comics and the superhero genre in general. It's an inherently important part of it. It's why people still play this game.
    • Like x 6
  13. llllDeathstroke Active Player

Know what i think?

Game desperately needs a whole upgrade and a new way of running things, artifacts and augments system needs a big change... XP gain should be more forgiving and not take months to level one thing up... some of us have lives and can’t be on the game 24/7, PvP in other news haven’t been touched in years to the point where it became a bannable subject to talk about, imagine if they fixed PvP and done something to it... but nope, why do that? It’ll just keep getting worse and worse, it’s literally beyond stupid that PvE updates were the major reason behind PvP becoming what it is now, like why would you let that happen when they’re both supposed to be different? I literally beg some of my irl friends to play this game with me but they refuse to just cuz of what they done to PvP...

New powers? Nope, but you’ll get a new time capsule in just under a month!

I personally believe this game would’ve been the best MMO out there if the same dedication that’s given to TCs is given to listening to what the playerbase asks for, that’s what matters most in a videogame... the people!

Hope I don’t get banned for getting this off my chest.
    • Like x 6
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

What we need is expansion on current powers and a visual update on them . I know new powers they won't do anytime soon regardless how many times people ask and also Durning there Livestreams lol.
    • Like x 7
  15. Remi King Active Player

Then obviously, there’s not even an intelligent argument for making a superhero mmorpg?
    Half of electricities dps abilities are god damn useless and we’ve had the same god damn powers for how many years now? And the intelligent argument for making a new powerset would be that EVERY PLAYER IN YOUR COMMUNITY IS ASKING FOR AN ADDITION TO YOUR PRODUCT. SELL. IT. TO. THEM.
    • Like x 3
  16. Remi King Active Player

I’ve been playing for many years, all i need is one week to see if Dcuo is worth paying for or not.
  17. Remi King Active Player

Because it’s boring as hell to do the same exact bs you did 3 years ago and I mean the exact same bs.
    • Like x 2
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This^

I think that it would be a little tough to do it in this game since there are a lot of powers. But adding more abilities sounds cool to me.
    • Like x 2
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Honestly, I would rather see a new weapon introduced. We have had the same ones for like forever. I know some have suggested a whip, one-handed pistol, staff (but like one a mage would wield), and something a little more... feral for lack of a better word. Along the lines of Cheetah. In general I just feel like a weapons update could be pretty fun, though DCUO has done a phenomenal job in this department compared to other MMOs. I would like to see weapon swapping though as long as it doesn't hurt balance or anything.

I also think some visual touch ups for powers would be nice. Fire, nature, and ice look wayyy outdated. Mental and gadgets could use some love. I think that some quantum and rage moves could look more crisp. Water actually looks a little iffy to me so I think the visuals could definitely be better. Hard light could use some light updating in the constructs department.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Add like six new powers to each powerset, test three powersets (Controller, Healer, Tank) at a time. They've added so many unique characters the past few years with abilities/mechanics that could fit into existing sets. Vixen's Animal Channeling for Nature, Starro's Mind Control for Mental, etc.
    • Like x 1