DCUO Classic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Nov 29, 2017.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

As many of you may already know, World of Warcraft has recently announced a project called 'World of Warcraft Classic', which will supposedly provide a server that returns the game to its original, vanilla, 2004 state.

https://kotaku.com/world-of-warcraft-classic-announced-1820123796

If it were possible to create a DCUO Classic server, would it interest you to play the January 2011 version of this game?
    • Like x 4
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The January 2011 had very little content though.
    You would have about...... 1 month??? of gameplay out of it.

Heck every review I saw at the time were saying that the game was fun for the "free" month... and then you moved on to another game.

So..... not sure how that would be a good idea. :confused:o_O
    • Like x 5
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'd try it for nostalgia purposes but I doubt I'd keep a character up there for very long.
    • Like x 4
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yay, back to carpal tunnel inducing dps, and gadgets being literally nothing but pastiches of various Batman characters! No thanks. I honestly think I would have dropped this game like a hot brick if I’d tried it before 2014.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I don't really think the situation is comparable Mr. Migraine.

WoW has a lot of things that one can claim are "going for it" when they give a server to "dial back time"... granted in the long run I think it's going to be a waste of money for them but hey what do I know. DCUO doesn't have really the longevity to truly dial back to year one due to the differences in the game and content.

Could I be right that you bring this topic up because of the devs recently changed Superman's outfit permanently in game from it's classic look, which means of course they might do so to other characters in the future, and having a "classic" server would keep those looks alive and the other server would have whatever "modern" looks they go with? At least that's the only reason why I could think how this subject would be truly brought up since the original DCUO didn't have enough substance otherwise.
    • Like x 2
  6. Vesper Dedicated Player

Extra vanilla launch? Ohhh........ummmmm......no. You'd be at the original 6 powers, very low content------not even the Fortress raids! No armories, no bases, no league halls.

Now on the other hand, if I could go back to launch and kick myself in the butt to buy a lifetime membership for me & my husband then.....yeah, I'd totally do that! :D
    • Like x 4
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Nah, this thread was just a sneaky way to get people to look at just how much progress has been made in the last 7 years - and that, while many folks pine for the 'good old days', not many of us would really want to return.

I suppose that one guy that hates the Broker would be happy, though. :D
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No thanks. I don't want to see Seizure clipping and Jump Cancelling on my screen.
    • Like x 1
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Just revert it back to before AM n WM
  10. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

why would you want to return to the time where the most challenging raid is FOS3?
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Well I'd be an arguer for the fact that "good ol' days" existed to a degree, but it certainly wasn't year one :p

Although keep this talk up and you'll have more people saying to gut this game and just create DCUO 2 :D
  12. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I want DCUO 2 but i only want DCUO 2 if they actually port my character over...
    • Like x 2
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

And there are yet others that say the game was best while it was in Beta. It's not easy catering to such a wide variety of tastes and whims.

Even more than there already are? ;)
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Only a few of the posters below were from that time. I would enjoy the return, but I don't think it would be possible. During year one, there were so many imbalances of weapons and powers, I'm not sure what we would see in a game like that. Raids were locked after one run, to me isn't bad, but people are so used to replays that I don't think it would fly.

Why I would like to see it return? We were all on about the same playing field. Max skill points was under a hundred. Raids couldn't always be done with PUGs. Leagues were extremely important. PvP was awesome. People didn't have much money, in game. The most expensive item was a rann-thangarian collection, of which you could find yourself in the open world.

The draw backs, PvP ques for hero's. Grinding for skill points, again. Grinding collections, again. Everything I've had to do on my toon, again.

If it were just playing, maybe. Not sure starting over would last long.

Love the idea though. First few years of this game were the best for me. Some of the friends I found in leagues from those years has lasted, and carried over to other games.
    • Like x 1
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

As long as there is JC phantom triangle again :p
  16. Saami Loyal Player

Maybe for one month. Just to be grateful for some things we have today.
    There were no broker back then.
    Only one trinket spot with shared cooldown.
    Easy exploits (example absorb heat for fire continue doing damage and heals after canceled)

Imo combat and PvP was better.
  17. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Not many players would want it to return because most players who play DCUO now aren't smart enough to grasp simple concepts such as damage modifiers and would much rather prefer being able to press 1 through 6 on their keyboard or controller slowly. Players don't want a skill gap in the game for their role they would much rather sit in their highchair while they are spoon fed the game with a bib on.
    • Like x 3
  18. Ekart Committed Player

FOS 2 was harder than FOS 3.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, nah. Remember people would just glitch fos2.
  20. Ekart Committed Player

Ice was so garbage back then, but it was still fun because you could slow down the adds with wintry tempest so they didn't destroy the crystal after the bridge. :D

And all the friends that still played back then... Fun times. We didn't glitch anything btw. :p