DCUO and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Starbrand, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Ok, I know there are other threads, but...

I took a break of DCUO. I am almost free of my addiction (I call it this way cause this game is not good since a long time ago, but I kept playing...) .

Tried to play these days, just to forget a little about THE DIVISION and ROCKET LEAGUE.

The game simply does not start. I press PLAY, the button says "PLAYING" but nothing happens.

Yes, I tried to validate, elevated the privileges, reinstalled C++ libraries, deleted old directories, disable the firewall, created new firewall rules even with it off... installed Net Framework...

NOTHING.

My w10 is 64 bits and this seems linked to the problem, some of DCUO´s .exes are not working well in this windows version.

AWESOMINIUM process, for example, doesnt even start.

It will be good some dev take a look in this cause windows 10 players numbers will increase.

For my case, maybe it is just a sign: keep away, Starbrand, go play better games :D
  2. DarthJafo Committed Player

Try doing a reinstall. Not a complete download and install, just rerun the installer from the launcher on the first page. I had missing dll errors and did the full download again but that didn't help until I just ran the installer
  3. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I tried.
    With steam and not steam.

And the "game options" option doesnt work anymore too, I forgot to say.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The launchpad uses the Internet Explorer and flash player. That the game options button doesn't work is a hint that there is a problem with the launchpad.

And make sure you have contacted the Daybreak support. They maybe know this problem.
    • Like x 1