DCUO 10th Anniversary Bracket!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You would be making a very HUGE mistake making the assumption that casual players don't play the game as much as "endgame Elite" players. You're using a very narrow definition of "casual" to mean that they don't play as much, when in many cases it might mean they may not play as much of the harder content (those are not the same things).

And just because you don't personally know people that prefer Solos, Duos and alerts over raids does not mean they don't exist. willflynne is one of those players you seem to think don't exist, and there have been others who have expressed this preference as well.

Apollonia knows this from what Spytle said in the past (and Mepps has mentioned it later on as well). They, unlike you, know better what content gets run more often.
    • Like x 1
  2. zNot Loyal Player

1.What you say is very hypocrite-like since you enjoy raids yourself (look at your post earlier here) and you rate amazon fury episode 2 or 3 so high because it had good/aton of raid content ? Wait a second ill get to this point later.

2.so unlike you im saying what needs to said you guys have been on this forum this MANY years still did not manage to give the devs (that listen to feedback) proper advice on how to deal with lack of Raid/content per Episode ? How legit is your feedback? Im sceptical considering the amount of attention my threads make i havent seen this section see another thread getting this many views in such a short amount of time from a User like mine did with around 2600 views which is good and shows that its a important,popular topic. i can say i have knowledge and your „Smart mentality“ isnt helping to make this game better!!

3. This forum isnt a playground for you to protect people you like because you know them,dont put yourself like something better the feedback i provide will benefit casual AND high skilled players and keep content LONGTERM interesting.

To go back to my first point You dream about Raid content which i do too and i actually give feedback etc what do you do apart from complaining and having NO solution? so explain to me how you litteraly attack me for something YOU agree with?
  3. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I see a lot of good points. But I also see this thread leading to personal attacks. I want to keep this open. Devs please remove any posts that are attacking. I really enjoy the opinions, but also know how quickly this can turn into the typical insult fest.

Carry on! Let’s find a winner!
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Incase a dev reads my previous post as a personal attack,it wasnt made to offend anyone. Thanks
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Uh, no.

It's understandable to accuse the Devs of not being responsive to feedback (to some extent), because they're mostly uncommunicative and most players like yourself just don't pay attention close enough or aren't familiar with development enough to recognize when feedback is directly incorporated. BUT it's absurd to accuse the community of not doing its part in providing quality feedback to the Devs simply because the game isn't going in a direction that you prefer or understand. In fact, we have given our feedback and mysteriously the Devs still don't do our bidding?! -- Which is probably good for most of you since the game would be WonderWoman Online if they did mine... but I digress.

An incredible amount of my own feedback, feature requests, and suggestions have been added into the game. Like, so much I was even able to add it to my portfolio and move into working in the industry several years ago. And I'm not alone, a lot of forum users have had their feedback show up in the game.

Based on our exchanges here, you're not demonstrating a solid understanding of the topic yourself so you're not in a position to offer quality feedback and definitely not criticize the quality of others' feedback.

You're new; welcome to our world -- have a seat.
    • Like x 3
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I didnt say the devs didnt listen i meant the devs Do listen maybe i wrote it in a wrong grammar.

Considering that players like him share the same ideology that raids are very important he goes on to attack me but earlier supports raid based content?

What you say is wrong and you just tried to blacklist me i can criticize others whenever i want to blacklisting isnt allowed!

As i said before my thread is this highly viewed and Popular and draws attention what will you say to this? I have this little knowledge apperantly from your viewpoint? The feedback etc i and others provide there is alot and detailed feedback about Raids and content i think you didnt realize it yet? Mepps himself even commented on my thread saying its valid feedback please think twice before accusing me considering that most people in my thread agreed with me most of the time (removal of bountys or reducing it to 1 only and focusing on Raids mainly and some solo openworld etc)

I can only see you talk about solo content and if thats all your skill level is capable of then hey by all means do your thing and if you wanna talk my ideas and suggestions give your feedback if you dont have it,there is no point to discuss so you may confuse the devs only and make the thread longer then it has to be. We can stop talking from now on.
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Just stop ...You couldn't have chosen a worse person to fall on your sword in front of.

You're not being blacklisted and you're not a victim here. You outed yourself as uninformed and you've been called out for it. That's not a personal attack; life just comes at you fast. You have bad takes about the game and doubled down when you were corrected by multiple people instead of conceding you were wrong.

Step away from your keyboard and get some air instead of digging yourself in deeper.
    • Like x 3
  8. zNot Loyal Player

You are getting very personal and this shows my whole point no arguments you arent here to make the game better but to chat with people sorry im not like you im Here to give feedback.

my threads again proof that i do know what the game needs etc you are ignoring succesfull threads i made to help the devs meanwhile you are here getting personal.i just see you here talking me bad and this bullying to me and i will report your post for that. I can comment anywhere i want to aslong as i follow the rules so do many others that reply to me and hey im not scared of seems like you threatened me? Lets see what a dev will say to this.
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  10. SuperBell Loyal Player

What is this? Where do I vote?
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If we were having a vote for best DLC raids, I'd say you've got a strong case and I'd probably side with you. However as it's "Best DLC", I'm still sticking with AF3. Your own admission that it's better 'overall' seems to agree.

Still, feel free to vote AF2. I don't personally do the tweets and such, so I can only make my vote heard here. I won't lose a lot of sleep if AF2 won though....as I said, I'd place it 2nd easily.

And yes, HoH and ToTD were great and I've been in groups in the last 2 weeks where they still be a challenge for some (well...2 bosses at least), Lab not as much once you figured the puzzles out...the boss fight's weren't really that difficult once you did them one or two times.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The word you're looking for is "contradictory". Secondly you're not understanding something here. While I personally have a preference for raids, I fully recognize that the game can't be all about raids. Recognizing that poignant fact, I know that the Devs have to balance content out to cater to the wider audience which consists of more than just raid enthusiasts.

My stating Amazon Fury II as my personal favorite episode because of the raids does not contradict my previous statements to you in that other thread. Your attitude that the Devs should focus more resources on Raids and that Solo Player/Open World players should be ok with rehashed maps and less to do in those locations is dismissive of the larger casual population. The company has made mistakes like that in the past and it did not turn out well for them. You have been stuck in a Raid Tunnel Vision, and refuse to see how that would actually hurt the company and playerbase.

My understanding all of the above does not mean I can't favor Amazon Fury II, nor does it contradict anything I previously stated.

How do you actually know that I haven't given them any feedback? And who appointed you the authority on how to give proper advice on anything??? Just because I haven't come here with an arrogant attitude doesn't mean my feedback is illegitimate or lacking.

Your thread got a lot of views....so what? All it means is you got a lot views. Despite the number of views, you have not received anywhere near the same number of supporting posts. All it shows is that people are curious. That's not enough reason for this emboldened attitude you're displaying, nor is it permission to be dismissive of what I or others have stated.

That's funny...i'm not protecting anyone...but the fact that you think I am doing that would indicate that you are attacking someone. Last I checked this was a public forum where we are allowed to offer opinions and make suggestions, and have a discourse on the subjects raised in a civil manner.

Well for starters I don't walk around with an attitude of superiority or disrespect. I have offered my opinion on plenty of subjects and without acting as if i'm THE main authority. I do point out the things that some people refuse to or can't see. I did all that without attacking you. You on the other hand insist that your view point is the right one, and anyone not fully agreeing with it is either wrong or not giving proper advice.

Bringing this back to the actual topic at hand, yes, Amazon Fury II happens to be my favorite episode, and yes it is because of the raids. That's my opinion on the topic of this thread.
    [IMG]

I would implore you to keep the conversation on topic. Your other thread is still open, so further discussion can be had there, or we can even take it to a private message if you feel compelled to make it one on one. Either way, let's not further derail this post. Please.
    • Like x 5
  13. Walvine Well-Known Player

Dcuo twitter feed , I don't remember my login for that social network oh well ha.
    Goto main forum page , And you should see the vote polls on right side in the feed panel.