DC Universe Online Player Spotlight: Mermaid

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Roshen New Player

By: Ry “Roshen” Schueller

Our games are filled with imaginative players that leave their marks on the digital worlds around them. For example, many players have created innovative in-game homes or original character designs that they’re noticed for. In SOE Player Spotlight we highlight examples of noteworthy individuals in the player community.

For this Player Spotlight, we’re looking at the aquatic “Grotto” that Mermaid designed, and the unique design of Mermaid’s player character.

What was your inspiration or theme as you designed your home?

I was very inspired by Aquaman's Aquacave in DC Comics and by Ariel's Grotto in The Little Mermaid. Both of their caves served as private sanctums for these characters to store the collections, trophies, and souvenirs from their journeys. I do the same thing in my home to display items from my adventures.

What was your inspiration or theme as you designed your character?

[IMG]

The inspiration of this character was from three different characters: Aquaman's wife Mera, Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and my league leader Atlantis Girl!

What is your favorite item that you have on display in your home? What makes it special to you?

[IMG]

My favorite item is definitely the Atlantean Throne! It is special because it makes me feel l like the Princess of the Seven Seas!

How can other players find your home or in-game structure in-game?

It is located nearby the C.A.O. Dam, Historic District of Metropolis. They can simply message me in-game and I'll honored to welcome any players who wish to visit my home.

What server do you play on? In your opinion what makes your server special?

I play on the USPC Server. USPC is special because it is populated with lots of amazing, skilled, and creative players!

Are you in a league? Share the story of how you came to be involved with them.

Yes I am a proud member of the Justice Girls! I first became involved with them in late December of 2011 after I had a duel with one of their officers. She was very impressed by our battle and offered me membership to the team! To this date, I'm still a proud member who fights alongside with the Justice Girls against any injustice!

Check out a few additional screenshots from Mermaid’s home that I personally enjoyed!

[IMG]

Check out the room where Mermaid shows off the new Armory feature!

[IMG]

Do the Justice Girls plan their next big adventure from this command center? I would like to believe they do!

[IMG]

I hope Mermaid serves sweet justice at the bar in her base.

We are always grateful for the contributions and support we receive from our player community! If you want to see other submissions for DC Universe Online Player Spotlight, or want to submit one on behalf of yourself or someone else in the community, see the forum thread here.
    • Like x 32
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

WOW! Excellent job! Love the Thrones!
    • Like x 2
  3. Hero of Justice New Player

This is awesome, sweet theme and setup! Great job Mermaid!
    • Like x 2
  4. iPlow New Player

Very well done, the base looks like an Atlantean outpost or something Aqua man would return home to!

Congrats Mermaid.
    • Like x 2
  5. UMBRA Well-Known Player

Great job Mermaid !! Looks sweet.

I'll have to check it out by myself sometime :D
    • Like x 2
  6. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Anyone know the name of the base item at the bottom of the picture - the stand with the book?? :)
    jealous.com
    • Like x 1
  7. Cloud_9 New Player

How about we do a spotlight on Deathmike? He's probably the best choice to spotlight a single person.
  8. TheLoneLantern New Player

artifact museum pedestal, or smth like that.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Great job Mermaid!
    • Like x 2
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Really really impressive!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. Lyndi Well-Known Player

WTG Mermaid!!! (I knew her when she was just a tadpole ;) )
    • Like x 5
  13. rimvader Well-Known Player

Dear Roshen, can we get pool tables for the pool cues, some "L" shape couches and other goodies in the clubhouses of the villains for our bases. I have roulette tables as pool tables, yet the clubs rubs all their beautiful green felt in my face. My "man crave" vision is fulfilled.

Great base Mermaid, btw.
    • Like x 3
  14. ShivelleTir New Player

WAY TO GO MERMAID! Represent! Where my Justice Girls at !?
    • Like x 4
  15. Zeusgod28 New Player

Ay Soe, you need to do a Spotlight on CaliforniaComrade. I am just as cool. And I know mermaid I bump into her in game, she doesn't like me XD.
  16. Little Sister New Player

Awesome topic and great pics ! I've spoken with Mermaid in game and she is nothing but sweet :)
    • Like x 3
  17. Horrorshow New Player

OMG I wish I could get her to decorate my base :(
    • Like x 3
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Good job kute!!!

*sidenote: Merm is pretty amazing in making his own house in The Sims!
    • Like x 3
  19. PainGod New Player

2nd picture down
    4th picture down left side they look like file cabinets and im trying to find out the name of that base item. Can anyone tell me please.
  20. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Yay Mermaid! Good for you! Justice Girls know how to kick butt AND decorate! ;)
    • Like x 3