DC Universe and Unnecessary Censorship

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Darkerusaelp, May 14, 2017.

1. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Have you ever typed a word in chat before only to end up with it looking like this? "****"

Yeah, me too. Literally the other day I was complimenting someone on their style. I was like nice Juggernaut but it was censored. With so much censorship in DCUO (some reasonable and unreasonable). What would happen if they started censoring NPC dialogue?

Oh and check out Kreachure's other videos too because they are awesome.
    • Like x 2
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

In game settings allows u to turn the profanity filter off
    • Like x 1
  3. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Needed the Cyclops in video from Typhon. "You little beep!" :mad:
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Still trying to figure out why "Cen$orship" was changed to maturity on the forums... It wasn't even an offensive word.
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If similar actions in the past are any indication, probably either misuse or using it in a way that creates or contributes to a negative environment.

Personally I don't mind when they do that. It's kind of funny to see what they change certain words/phrases to when they make the change, it's just as funny to watch some people flip their lids over the change and it forces those who want to make a point to actually make it rather than just be lazy and hide behind a word or phrase.
  6. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

While I can understand your point, using the particular word in question makes a person neither lazy or cowardly. Some of the things that are on the censor list are absurd. I was trying to explain to someone about the new grape flavor of monster and it looked like I was cursing. Yes, I know that you can turn off the filter but there are some words I'd rather not see.

I personally would like it if they added the words "egpal" and "mook" to the list of filtered words.
  7. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I just purchased Injustice 2 and noticed that this game has
    even more unnecessary Censorship.
  8. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Written by a 12 yr ol troll no doubt