DC TV news

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by theAverageGuy, Jan 9, 2021.

1. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

‘Arrow’ Spinoff ‘Green Arrow and The Canaries’ Not Going Forward At the CW

"The CW is officially not moving forward with Green Arrow and the Canaries, its planned spinoff from long-running superhero series Arrow. Green Arrow and The Canaries aired as an episode of Arrow‘s final season in January.
    The other outstanding CW planted spinoff, The 100 prequel, which aired as part of the survival drama’s final season, remains in contention. The options on the casts of both offshoots expired last year.

[IMG]

“They are very much in active discussions to see what we can do,” the CW President Mark Pedowitz said in May about the fate of both projects, produced by Warner Bros. TV. “I’ve had many discussions with Warner Bros, we have a strategy involved — hopefully we can pull it off.” I hear the network and the studio explored the idea of the Green Arrow and the Canaries and The 100 prequel running jointly on the CW and WarnerMedia’s HBO Max. (Arrow and The 100 stream on Netflix.) With all of the CW’s newer series, following the end of the output deal with Netflix, available on HBO Max, that was considered a viable possibility. It could still happen for The 100 prequel."

Deadline
  2. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

DC news

Ray Fisher Confirms That He’s Been Removed From the Cast of The Flash in Lengthy Social Media Post

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Sad to hear this - Cyborg is a favorite of mine and I hope to see MORE of him - certainly not LESS.

I hope DCCU cleans up their act.

This has been going on behind the scenes for a while now - since Dec last year?

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/...arnermedia-ray-fisher-joss-whedon-1234852206/

Just from Face Value - with Big Screen DC having VERY LITTLE Black Representation I'd think that you'd want to include MORE of Ray Fisher / Victor Stone than LESS.......

Here's hoping they have plans to introduce Augustus Freeman IV and Raquel Irvin (Rocket) OR John Stewart as WELL AS keeping Ray Fisher / Cyborg in future DC CU projects.

Granted - I'm just a fan at the end of the day and you can say I don't know all the facts behind this. But I "CAN" say that this appears as a bad look - and one that seemingly was tried to be swept under the rug.
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i didn't care for fisher as cyborg. i'm also not a big fan of cavill's superman, afflecks batman, momoas aquaman and millers flash. i'll even go as far as saying i hate them all. the justice league movie was a dumpster fire. i'm also not a big fan of levi's shazam. suicide squad was a mess. i couldn't finish watching aquaman. the bright spots for me were godots wonder woman and robies harley quinn and their follow ups (1984 and birds of prey) were so bad it killed what little hope i have left for anything dceu related. i hate snyders vision of the dcu. i'm not looking forward to the flash movie at all. i want the whole thing scrapped. do over infinity.

i'm also not the biggest geoff johns fan. more rooted in extreme jealousy. johns was responsible for bringing cyborg back into the limelight in the pages of the flash and then as a retconned founding member of the justice league. a lifetime ago johns used to post on the old dc comics message boards, were talking circa 2000-2001. i remember reading posts of his on his love of the character. it was one of his goals to make the character important again. its also important to note that stargirl brought back two very obscure minority characters quite successfully. jovians wades portrayal of cyborg on doom patrol has been exceptional. both are shows that johns fronts. i need more to work with.

what a mess.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've been following the stories regarding Fisher and his conflicts with Warner Bros/DC/etc. And in the current environment I've been doing my very best to keep an open mind about his allegations.

The thing is, while his allegations are serious and well worth investigating, there hasn't been much in the way of proof provided by Fisher when he's been asked or pressed about it. Plus things seem to keep escalating with who he says is responsible. It seems to be following a similar path taken by some individuals in the public spotlight, and the more statements that come out from him the more it seems to raise red flags for me. And it doesn't help that (to the best of my knowledge) there haven't been any similar allegations or accusations leveled at the individuals mentioned by Fisher before now.

He deserves to be heard, but I just keep getting this feeling that there's more to the story than we're hearing.
    • Like x 1
  6. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Regarding Fisher, fans sentiment seems to be that yes, the allegations, in nature are serious that it does deserve to be heard. The vagueness of the allegation (at least to the public), makes it difficult for more fans to back him.

For the fans, who aren't on his side, it seems like they don't want him to be a distraction. Also using Fisher's words against him; Fisher said he wouldn't want to be in any of Hamada's future productions. But Cyborg was supposed to have a big role in the planned Flash movie. Maybe he didn't expect WB to renew Hamada's contract.

The other possible impact is Snyder's cut, supposedly Zack wanted more new scenes with Fisher's Cyborg, not sure if this will be affected.

On the rumored allegations itself.
    1. Color correction of the film. Some 2nd hand information exchanged about color correction and inference on changing Fisher's skin tone to being lighter. The theatre cut had vibrant color grades; looks like all of the characters (and backgrounds) got touched. Fisher coming from a theatre background, not sure how familiar he is with film editing process. Still depending what was said, words could be taken as insensitive / inappropriate.

2. The news about Whedon coming on was that he did act unprofessional (or rude), as some of the cast reported. In Snyder's hiatus, Whedon supposedly openly criticized a lot of what's already filmed and boast about his credentials with the Avengers. Thing was, even though Zack was gone, most of the people who worked on the film from VFX, to the cast (including Fisher). Whedon was reportedly rude, verbally abusive on set. It's enough that WB has not asked Whedon back on any DC films.

3. As far as Geoff John's role. He's still has hands in some DC projects; such as credit to WW84, but has been scaled back to just DC TV shows: (Doom Patrol - producer credit) and StarGirl (tribute to his sister who passed). He's quietly getting shut out by WB in the movie division without losing too much face.

In the comics, Geoff did graduate Cyborg from Teen Titans to the Justice League. It gave the character more prominence. So he has fondness for the character. As far as JL goes, even though Batman in JL wears a tech hat, you have Cyborg whose meta power in cybernetics really helps brings the team to the modern age. As far as beef between Johns and Fisher, there were rumors about Geoff making an off comment about the actor who played Cyborg on Doom Patrol being better. Possible bruised egos. There may be more, but since public don't know much of the details allegations, it's difficult to determine one way or the other.

Fisher, may have a case. But maybe unfortunately because he's not a well known actor, he may not have enough capital with the DC fanbase/public to fully back him.
  7. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Yes it would be nice to see more diverse representation on DC's Big Screen. By big screen, I'm counting HBO Max, since the theaters are closed/limited. Supposedly Martian Man Hunter is getting shine in Snyder's cut. If Fisher is completely out, as is the case here, DC should just recast. Keep the character but get another actor. With the Flashpoint angle, it's possible to get new actors to play existing roles while keeping Gadot, Momoa, and Ezra Miller. Ezra is on thin ice for choking that fan. Affleck is gone, Cavil wants a big payday, which WB is not ready to give.

Jon Stewart could have big potential. This is still very early stage talks: DC reached out to Ryan Reynold to see if he's interested in Green Lantern again, with Stewart having a main role. If Hal Jordan doesn't fall through, who knows we could get a Jon Stewart flick.

DC also seems to be high on Vixen, who had an animated short feature, usually their testing ground to see if the character is viable for the big leagues.

It's slow but maybe with time, we'll see more.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Searched thread titles for a thread on the specific show and could not find one.

Superman and Lois.... not bad. I'm digging what they're doing with it so far. That certain character from another earth was a fun surprise. Cool
    • Like x 1
  9. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Yea the angle with the two sons bought a fresher take. I'm out of date on the comics, couple years back, think they were doing one of Superman son (grade school/middle school range). For CW, they age them to teenagers.
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've got nothing about the kids. I was excitedly surprised by including John Henry Irons. oh and John Diggle showed up. Is he gonna become a green lantern bearer or not?
    • Like x 1
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

12. Controller Devoted Player

So anyone paying attention to the "Titans" series? On TNT?

It is QUITE the departure from the "Teen Titans" that "I" grew up on[IMG]

LOOK - I get it. I know that "The Titans" are supposed to be a fully-grown version of the "TEEN" Titans. So far I find it to be entertaining and holding my attention.

I "ALSO" believe that "Titans" have their OWN comic series. I "ALSO" get that I'm probably behind the eight ball in regards to some changes with the "Titans" over the years.

What I find....."ODD" to say the least lol is the "Mature Audiences" rating it has earned on TNT....and for GOOD reason.

The blood and violence from Episode Two alone was quite the load....the "Religious" references with Rachel's Mom in episode One.....the way she "bought the farm" in Episode One.....truly "Mature" themes.....

I thought Warner Brothers Media was "TRYING" to get away from such "Dark" themes - with the way Zach Snyder's stuff has been received.

Titans? The series on TNT?

[IMG]

You mean to tell me that "Titans" isn't Dark?

Robin? LOOOL he makes Bruce look like a Choir Boy, here.......

Is this stuff "In keeping with the Comic series?" WOW.... guess I'm a bit behind the times in regards to how comics (and characters) have changed.....

I love Hawk and Dove...have since their Justice League Unlimited Days

[IMG]

So Hawk is still the Alpha Male / Violent One and Dove is the Peace Maker / Keeper? Plus they're in a relationship?

I have no issues with Dove being a female right now but she seems a bit "removed" from being the passive Dove I remember from JLU version.........."this" Dove seems a bit more prone to violence and mayhem than her JLU counterpart.....just saying.

I "KNOW" it's just ONE EPISODE so far....but THIS Dove seems FAR REMOVED from the JLU one.

And STARFIRE? Ok I get the Diversity plug....no issues there. I think the actress Anna Diop is solid, here.

[IMG]

But AGAIN - the DARK themes...tone....isn't this what my man Zach Snyder was excoriated for?

And GOOD LUCK with keeping this Mature Audiences rating away from prying eyes....this series is viewed right now on TnT at a late time but I'm sure younger folks are viewing it.

Love ya, Zach Snyder

[IMG]

I'd guess there is HOPE that you will get MORE movies - especially based off of the tone from Titans.

Titans is FAR DARKER than Zach's stuff ever was - and yet I see NO complaints.

[IMG]

Just saying.
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

OMG, of course it's that Superman villain! :eek::)
  15. Controller Devoted Player

The more and more I get into the "Titans" series on TV they've made a believer out of me.

WELL DONE, DC / WB Media. Well done. I had serious doubts at first but I've changed my mind.

I am certain that the writers could pull off a "Blood Syndicate" series. Add some input from Milestone's (DC) wing and I am certain that WB / DC could pull a Blood Syndicate series off - based off of how well I think they've done with Titans.

[IMG]