DC is superior

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by KTDJ BadWolf, May 20, 2013.

1. KTDJ BadWolf New Player

NOTE: I do not claim to own anything. All rights go to their respective owners!

Sorry for ranting... But I really dont think this is worth what they are asking. So i was on us pc and people were talking about how they only play DCUO because Marvel hasn't made their own game yet. And when it does come out they will switch no doubt..... Well.... let's look at what they have coming in.....

Now let's be honest here. The graphics are sub par and look very childish. The POV of this game looks horrendous. The fact that you are only allowed to play as a present Marvel Heroes is a double problem. One: there is only one story side, so the amount of content is limited by the start. Two: The amount of player individuality is hugely impacted. The story seems to be very very minimal, and the only good thing is the "randomly generated areas".

I honestly don't think this game will take off. Also due to the price, now this may be through steam only, but still, if you are charging that amount for the seemingly low quality of game you would recieve, you should be getting a whole lot of in-game items and rewards. But this is just sad, Who would honestly pay $199.99 for these minor improvements???(this is from the steam site so it may, but most likely isn't, subject to change):

Items Included in this Pack:

• ALL Heroes and Costumes Available to Purchase at Launch
    • 3 Exclusive Costumes (Iron Man 3 Movie Armor, Wolverine Weapon X, Maestro Hulk)
    • 1 Exclusive Enhanced Costume (Spider-Man Symbiote)
    • $50 In-Game Currency - Purchase additional costumes, heroes & boosts
    • Early Game Access (May 28th): Start playing 7 days before launch
    • Closed Beta Access*
    • Permanent Account-Level 5% XP Boost
    • Permanent Account-Level 5% Item-Find Boost
    • Your choice of "True Believer" Forum Title and Avatar or ANY OTHER Founders Program Forum Title and Avatar
    • Be listed in the Marvel Heroes game Credits!
    *Keys will be valid for 90 days after purchase
    Items will not be available in-game until Early Game Access begins on May 28th

TL;DR This game honestly looks like a waste of time.
  2. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Marvel Heroes is going to be free to play.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black House New Player

I have Beta access and the gameplay is a cross between Ultimate heroes and the original Diablo only with less intresting environments and more tedious stuff to do, it will do just fine as its only on PC and FTP but as missed opportunitys go this is a doozie!
  4. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

It is what it is, the fun in it is playing all the different characters. I get it, It's like having Diablo with 50 different classes. I am loving Infinite Crisis more though.
  5. Dps Gear New Player

Without a marvel MMO, we wouldnt know how ship it was going to be and realize how much better DCUO is

[IMG]